Aug 02 2011
By: StealthReborn-- Sackboy 572 posts

Dragon Age: Origins on PSN - Question.

4 replies 1482 views Edited Aug 2, 2011

I was just wondering for those who purchased this on the PSN if it's the Ultimate version or the regular. It doesn't say anywhere whether it's the regular or ultimate on the store. I'm thinking it *might* be the ultimate version because it's priced at $29,99 at retail stores and it's priced $29,99 on the PSN store. So it would just make sense if it was the UE on the store but I don't want to fork down the $30 only to find out it's the regular version.

So can anyone tell me which it is? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (1,482 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8334 posts

Re: Dragon Age: Origins on PSN - Question.

Aug 3, 2011

I would say use common sense.  Sony isnt telling you if its the regular version or UE because they want idiots to buy it and find out they paid $30 for the reg version.

Go to amazon.com and buy the UE DAO for $28 and be thankful you werent one of the stupid ppl.

SCEA will continue to be stupid with their pricing and lose out on money and its their own fault.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (1,482 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8171 posts

Aug 4, 2011

mixedkidbx wrote:

I would say use common sense.  Sony isnt telling you if its the regular version or UE because they want idiots to buy it and find out they paid $30 for the reg version.

Go to amazon.com and buy the UE DAO for $28 and be thankful you werent one of the stupid ppl.

SCEA will continue to be stupid with their pricing and lose out on money and its their own fault.

That's one way of looking at it. Short sighted and misguided as it may be.

Common sense would actually tell you that unless it's otherwise indicated that Dragon Age: Origins available on the PSN is just that. If it were DA:smileysurprised: Ultimate Edition it would say so in the product description.

The pricing of games on the PSN isn't just at Sony's discretion, particularly for titles they don't even own the rights to. As is the case with DA:smileysurprised:.

Also, part of the reason that games are sold at full MSRP on the PSN is to avoid undercutting retail partners.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (1,482 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8334 posts

Aug 7, 2011

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

mixedkidbx wrote:

That's one way of looking at it. Short sighted and misguided as it may be.

Common sense would actually tell you that unless it's otherwise indicated that Dragon Age: Origins available on the PSN is just that. If it were DA:smileysurprised: Ultimate Edition it would say so in the product description.

The pricing of games on the PSN isn't just at Sony's discretion, particularly for titles they don't even own the rights to. As is the case with DA:smileysurprised:.

Also, part of the reason that games are sold at full MSRP on the PSN is to avoid undercutting retail partners.

Jag_Stilvecchio Trophy Card

Um could have sworn thats what i said above.  Its not saying its the UE so common sense would make it the regular one.

Hey if Sony wants to keep selling games for more than what the current MSRP is going for in stores then so be it.  If your dumb enough to buy a higher priced version on the PSN store, well then thats your issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (1,482 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 19, 2011

Another question about this PSN release, I´ve sold my blu-ray a long time ago but I have som DLC connected to my account, will that DLC work with this release?

(Stone "Dude" and Dragon Armor)

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (1,482 Views)
0 Likes