Feb 06 2010
By: Michelasso Treasure Hunter 5541 posts

Denerim Warden's Cache: is it necessary for the Traveler Trophy?

8 replies 357 views Edited Feb 6, 2010

*** MINOR SPOILER WARNING *** 

The one behind the warehouse in Denerim. Obviously I missed the key. I already finished the game and my last useful save is before the meeting in Redcliff's Castle. Did anyone manage to get the trophy without it? I'd like to run straight on my 2nd and 3rd playthrough. Even if I wonder how I'll manage to reach lvl 20 w/o doing many quests.

----
- I'm not a Playstation fanboy. I'm a Micro$oft hater. It's different.
Message 1 of 9 (357 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1075 posts

Re: Denerim Warden's Cache: is it necessary for the Traveler Trophy?

Feb 6, 2010
Yep, you can. I looked for it, couldn't find it, and couldn't trigger the other warden telling me about it.
Message Edited by Alteruser_X-zero on 02-06-2010 01:12 PM
X-zero's Anime List
Message 2 of 9 (357 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1748 posts

Feb 6, 2010
I went to every location, did all the quests and it only said I had traveled 94% of the world. I don't know what I missed.
Message 3 of 9 (357 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1075 posts

Feb 6, 2010

PsychoticTalent wrote:
I went to every location, did all the quests and it only said I had traveled 94% of the world. I don't know what I missed.

Precent of world seen has nothing to do with the trophy. You just have to visit certain key places. And one is the roof top area of the final boss fight.

X-zero's Anime List
Message 4 of 9 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5541 posts

Feb 7, 2010

Alteruser_X-zero wrote:
Yep, you can. I looked for it, couldn't find it, and couldn't trigger the other warden telling me about it.
All right, thanks. The other one I mist was the shop in Haven. I was pretty sure that I checked that door, tho. Apart from that (and the Warden's cache) I ended up at 95%, with the Golem DLC installed. If it matters. Now I went back to Haven and saved again before the meeting (and so the final battles).
My understanding is that to get the cache's key we must speak to the warden in the Arl Palace JUST after we save the Queen. Maybe one just needs to avoid RedCliff. But once in RedCliff the quest is lost for good.

----
Message 5 of 9 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5541 posts

Feb 7, 2010

PsychoticTalent wrote:
I have found this list in the "other box" forum:
Redcliffe - Blacksmith
Redcliffe - Dwyn's Home
Redcliffe - Kaitlyn's House Downstairs
Redcliffe - Kaitlyn's House Upstairs
Redcliffe - Tavern
Redcliffe - General Store

Denerim - The Pearl (Brothel)
Denerim - Gnawed Noble Tavern
Denerim - The Wonders of Thedas
Denerim - The Warden's Cache (not just the Warehouse, but where you get Duncan's shield *** SEE NOTE BELOW!!)
Denerim - Wade's Blacksmith Shop
Denerim - Dark Alley
Denerim - Dirty Back Alley
Denerim - Rundown Back Street
Denerim - Deserted Building
Denerim - Orphanage

Lothering - Dane's Refuge

Village of Haven - Villager's House
Village of Haven - Village Shop

Orzammar - Figor's Imports 
Orzammar - Proving Grounds
Orzammar - Shaperate
Orzammar - Alimar's Emporium
Orzammar - Janar's Armorer's

Fort Drakon - Final Rooftop Boss Battle

This list has worked for others, and it was what worked for me. It would also explain why it seems that some get it with much less of the world explored than others. The only place I was missing on this list was Figor's Imports in Orzammar, which apparently is a common place to miss because while it can be involved with the quest for finding Jarvia's hideout it's not completely necessary - thus you can bypass it all together and have no reason to go there. Plus until you complete the Orzammar quest line, chances are that it is locked - it becomes unlocked afterwards. If you go in and Figor is not inside, exit and reenter as it is glitched - if you see him there you know you're getting credit for visiting the place. In my first playthrough I did go here, but missed the Warden's Cache - which is probably why I didn't get it on my mage because I had one but not the other.

***Updated 1/15/10 (finally) - Just do the Warden's Cache if you can. If you cannot, have no fear - people said they have gotten it without it but an account or two has said that it was the specific place that had it pop for them. Take it as you will, but just do it if you can because it's very easy and quick to do. If you do not go to the Cache, at least make sure to go to the warehouse in Denerim that the Cache is located in. The only difference is talking to Riordan (in the Arl's Estate pre-Landsmeet) and asking him about extra Warden supplies, and he tells you about a secret room in said warehouse behind a bookcase. Again, not completely necessary... but when adhering to this list - this is what I did and what unlocked it for me and many others.

---

It seems to come from Bioware devs, so it should be the most reliable. Apparently the requirements are lower than the ones in ps3trophies.org. try giving them a check. As I said what I missed (for sure) has been the haven shop. It doesn't have a mark in the map.

----
Message 6 of 9 (357 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1075 posts

Feb 7, 2010

Yep that is the list that worked for me. When I saw it it was still in PC code, but this would have been a lot more helpful.

The places I missed my first time beating the game were Kaitlyn's Upstairs and Redcliffe's Tavern. I didn't even know Redcliffe had a Tavern.

X-zero's Anime List
Message 7 of 9 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2712 posts

Feb 7, 2010
So getting captured isn't part of the Traveler requirement? I killed Catherine (is that her name?) and skipped getting imprisoned completely and I thought I needed that to get the trophy. I haven't gotten Duncan's Shield yet either so...
Message 8 of 9 (357 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1075 posts

Feb 8, 2010

Hosnor wrote:
So getting captured isn't part of the Traveler requirement? I killed Catherine (is that her name?) and skipped getting imprisoned completely and I thought I needed that to get the trophy. I haven't gotten Duncan's Shield yet either so...

No, it is just part of precent complete but not traveler at least I think. I am sure that you don't need the warden cache though just the warehouse because I couldn't find the cache and got traveler.

X-zero's Anime List
Message 9 of 9 (357 Views)
0 Likes