Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 09 2013
By: chaos_789 Welcoming Committee 5935 posts

Who will be getting the DmC game?

16 replies 536 views Edited Jan 9, 2013

When I first heard of it, I was unsure about the game, but after knowing it is in a seperate universe then the other DMC`s, and I played the demo, and it seemed fun, plus I got it pre ordered for $10 off. This might not be the best game out there, but it should still be quite enjoyable.

I know many people are unfairly judging this game, I even heard people say ``If this game wasn`t called DmC it would be good, but since it is it`s not`` that kind of statements are not fair, you are judging the game based on the other series, instead of judging the game on itself. Sure some people may not like the game, but most comments I see, are people comparing it solely on the original DMC. Reboots and the like should be based on themself. It happens all to much in all forms of media, people can`t see past the original series. I know for some reboots I didn`t like the original, but loved the reboot. (note, my favorite things in the original DMC, is of course dante, his look and attitude, as well as his strenght, but as I said, the new DmC is not the original, so I am fine with the look in the new one.)

Anyway, I was wondering who is planning on picking this game up.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (536 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Re: Who will be getting the DmC game?

Jan 9, 2013

I just recently played the demo, about a week ago. I'm mostly leaning towards a 'No' on this one, for multiple reasons. I didn't care for the feel of it; I think its being marketed very strongly to a certain type of market and that just isn't me. I really wanted to like this game. I wanted it to be good but, thusfar its just not what I had hoped it would be. Rather, from what I've seen, its what I feared it might be. 

It's not all bad. 

I had some fun with the combat, and I did think the concept for the city was interesting, but its not enough to make me (personally) want to buy it at full price. I really doubt if I will buy it at all, but I'm not going to say that with certainty until I've seen more/read more about its storyline. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5935 posts

Jan 9, 2013
ya, I am hoping I will like it, I found the demo fun, there was a few things I did not like, but overall, it was enough for me to get it. I am glad to see an actual opinion on the game, instead of the usually stuff.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jan 10, 2013

I don't see any reason for people to be un-civil, even if their on opposite ends of the spectrum. I get tired of seeing the two sides fight with one another, so I know how you feel. But I know thats pretty previlant, and has been sense DmC was annoucned. Its similer to how people can treat one another over Final Fantasy XIII, in terms of how the conversations tend to disintagreat into name calling and fueding. I hope you like the game when it comes out. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1579 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Eventually... Maybe after a price drop
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Possibly, its definitely on my list of games that I need to buy. It honestly depends on reviews and walkthroughs and all that stuff to be honest. I have no good reason to not buy it, but I also do not have a good reason to buy it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (515 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jan 11, 2013

The demo isnt everything and as a dmc fan i will be getting it

Psn - HD_DA_DON
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Jan 14, 2013

The Devil May Cry series is one of my favorite video game series, so I'm definitely going to be picking up the game tomorrow. :cathappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I'm getting my copy tomorrow, but not on PS3 seeing as the game was built using Unreal Engine.  Quite excited for it.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (494 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Jan 14, 2013

As a long time Devil May Cry fan, I'm not very happy with how this game turned out.   Stylistic and character design changes aside, the "dumbed down gameplay" leaves me sad.

that said, as much as there is a part of me that absolutely hates to admit it, I've seen some of the more recent vids and I'm curious about the game.

it looks like its improved a lot from the early vids.  

I think at some point my curiosity will overwhelm my skeptisicm.   However, I will buy this used as, i don't want to support Ninja Theory as I would much rather see a proper DMC sequel in the future if at at all possible.

I ahve to agree with whoever stated it.

I occaisionally checked up on the game on various forums, and i too was sick of all the fighting between the two factions regarding the game.

I feel like its a game that might be worth a buy at 30 or 40 dollars.

I mean no disrespect to any forum user here who is excited for the game.   Please enjoy the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (488 Views)
0 Likes