Feb 15 2011
By: xAce_Prodigyx Hekseville Citizen 335 posts

Tameem Antoniades on Bayonetta

5 replies 1499 views Edited Feb 15, 2011

Ninja Theory creative director, Tameem Antoniades had this to say  during a recent interview regarding Bayonetta; when asked if he thought  Bayonetta looked “cool”:

“Personally, I don’t. I love the game. I think it’s  awesome. It’s taken everything — it’s just gone to a total extreme. But  in terms of, ‘Do I think it’s cool?’ No, not at all. I think it’s  caricatured and over-the-top and very ‘Japanesey,’ and for that absurd  style it does that really well, but that’s not what I want.”

I find this quote especially interesting as it helps further cement  the notion that DmC will be moving away from the comical,  not-entirely-ultra-serious direction that previous Devil May Cry games  have adorned. If you’ve read my detailed analysis of the new DmC trailer, you may notice how I’ve highlighted some particularly dark moments with a touch of macabre.

It should also be noted to the newer readers of this website that the  original Devil May Cry director, Hideki Kamiya, also took the helm as  director of Bayonetta, too. Bayonetta is considered by many to be a  “spiritual spin-off”, if you will.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes this is old but I never saw a thread for it. This is basically showing how Tameem thinks.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (1,499 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Re: Tameem Antoniades on Bayonetta

Feb 16, 2011

Tameem Failnionades is a moron.   *sigh*   It seems this truly is the end of the road for the true Devil May Cry fans.   being over the top and just a little bit zany is what made DMC, DMC.   Its why Bayonetta is considered the spiritual successor, because its very similar in many regards.

So it seems that Bayonetta will be more "DMC" than the new "DmC."

That makes me really said.   "RIP" to my favorite gaming franchise.  You passed away too young. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (1,499 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Feb 17, 2011

Right now I really see Capcom canceling DmC and just taking the safe route and make Devil May Cry 5 because NT is really messing up. No matter how much the hardcore fans complain, or rant (which some of the rants are logical) NT doesn't reply in any type of way, shape, or form. I've gone on the Capcom boards and read some of what people have to say about DmC and damn near everyone is on the same page. No one likes this reboot idea.

I know I shouldn't be the one to talk but I don't see how anyone could try and support this anymore. After reading that interview I'm jumping on the bandwagon for "burn this idea!". It's clear that Tameem at this point is being very selfish and trying to make DMC like he was the one who originally made it. Not listening to fans or care about what we have to say. I wonder if there was any reconsidering at the NT HQ regarding how much people absolutly hate this idea and how they could make it better.

To be honest this reboot could be moderatly decent if they at least changed Dante back to who he was physically,and mentally. That would be a good start.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (1,499 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
354 posts

Feb 23, 2011

Personally, I feel the same....honestly, it truly wouldn't surprise me if they did decide to either cancel the game altogether or just plain boot NT & Tameem off the project, gut it & start it from scratch (and in-house, to boot).

I know the interview is a bit old to but as the OP mention it really reeks of the mindset that Tameem is set on. Frankly, to me all he's seem like is pretty butthurt & immature w/ some of the stuff that's come out of his mouth, in references to the original DMC games, as well as Bayonetta. As I never thought it was very cool of him to openly talk shit & dissing how 'Japanesy' a game is. If nothing else, that is a truly disrespectful thing to say (for more than one reason) especially when you're working w/ a Japanese COMPANY. Yeah, this douche clearly doesn't 'get it' . I guess he just can't except that many true DMC fans would rather give respect to Bayonetta then that piece of tripe (and that's being very polite of what I COULD call it) he calls DmC. Hell, I don't even like Bayonetta but I'd show more props to that (as it being from the creator of DMC) then I would for this. 

And (no offense to the game, but truth is truth) considering Enslaved couldn't even break a mil in sales, I would wonder if this might not put some hesitation in Capcom on whether they'd allow NT to move on further w/ the project.

R.I.P. to my beloved 40gb ceramic white 2007-2011 (YLOD)

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (1,499 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10660 posts

Feb 23, 2011

xAce_Prodigyx wrote:

Ninja Theory creative director, Tameem Antoniades had this to say  during a recent interview regarding Bayonetta; when asked if he thought  Bayonetta looked “cool”:

“Personally, I don’t. I love the game. I think it’s  awesome. It’s taken everything — it’s just gone to a total extreme. But  in terms of, ‘Do I think it’s cool?’ No, not at all. I think it’s  caricatured and over-the-top and very ‘Japanesey,’ and for that absurd  style it does that really well, but that’s not what I want.”

I find this quote especially interesting as it helps further cement  the notion that DmC will be moving away from the comical,  not-entirely-ultra-serious direction that previous Devil May Cry games  have adorned. If you’ve read my detailed analysis of the new DmC trailer, you may notice how I’ve highlighted some particularly dark moments with a touch of macabre.

It should also be noted to the newer readers of this website that the  original Devil May Cry director, Hideki Kamiya, also took the helm as  director of Bayonetta, too. Bayonetta is considered by many to be a  “spiritual spin-off”, if you will.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes this is old but I never saw a thread for it. This is basically showing how Tameem thinks.

I think Bayonetta looks cool. To be completely honest with you, I don’t really want to play through a hack and slash video game developed by anyone who thinks otherwise. It’s funny how that works...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (1,499 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Feb 24, 2011

QueenB82 wrote:

Personally, I feel the same....honestly, it truly wouldn't surprise me if they did decide to either cancel the game altogether or just plain boot NT & Tameem off the project, gut it & start it from scratch (and in-house, to boot).

I know the interview is a bit old to but as the OP mention it really reeks of the mindset that Tameem is set on. Frankly, to me all he's seem like is pretty butthurt & immature w/ some of the stuff that's come out of his mouth, in references to the original DMC games, as well as Bayonetta. As I never thought it was very cool of him to openly talk **** & dissing how 'Japanesy' a game is. If nothing else, that is a truly disrespectful thing to say (for more than one reason) especially when you're working w/ a Japanese COMPANY. Yeah, this ****** clearly doesn't 'get it' . I guess he just can't except that many true DMC fans would rather give respect to Bayonetta then that piece of tripe (and that's being very polite of what I COULD call it) he calls DmC. Hell, I don't even like Bayonetta but I'd show more props to that (as it being from the creator of DMC) then I would for this. 

And (no offense to the game, but truth is truth) considering Enslaved couldn't even break a mil in sales, I would wonder if this might not put some hesitation in Capcom on whether they'd allow NT to move on further w/ the project.

Girl....yes. Gamer....HELL YEAH!

PS3 Trophies

Quote for truth my friend! This Tameem guy really doesn't know what he's doing. He really made himself look and sound bad to ALL DMC fans out there, and Im sure anyone who still has hopes for this game haven't read this interview. It's obvious that what he thinks is cool is WAY different then everyone elses. It's so weird that he believes that everything that made DMC "cool" and "fun" boring and dumb. Calling a game too "Japanesy" that was made by Japanese Devs & Producers makes no sense whatsoever. Well it still somewhat has that anime feel to it but revamp for HIS liking. He "Tameemized", not "Westernized".

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (1,499 Views)
0 Likes