Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Re: Replaying the older titles in preparation for Devil May Cry 4?

Jan 6, 2008
I just recently finished DMC1 and I am doing round 2 on hard.

I'm also going through DMC3 again.
Message 11 of 68 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Jan 6, 2008
Not playing any title at the moment and will stay like this until 4 comes out. I wanna have a "fresh" experience of the game, if that makes any sense. That way i won´t compare so much to the older titles as i´m playing it and it will make me enjoy it even more.
Message 12 of 68 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1944 posts

Jan 6, 2008
I played thru the whole series again
LADY IS IN DMC4!!!! ADD ME MY PSN IS Lady_0989 ; )
Message 13 of 68 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1989 posts

Jan 6, 2008
Im getting my friend into DMC. He wanted to go through the series in the way it progressed through time. He finished up DMC3:smileyfrustrated:E last weekend and tomorrow will finish DMC1. And he does say that he will definitely buy DMC4 when it comes out.

Myself, there is a lot of DMC3:smileyfrustrated:E playing getting used to royal guard. I figured that if Im going to have it as one of Dante's four switchable styles, I might as well be able to use all of them to the greatest good.
Photobucket

If you did something right..... people wont realize you've done anything at all.
Message 14 of 68 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jan 6, 2008
Oh, I will definitely be replaying the first and third game.. I'm not sure about the second, seeing as how it doesn't take place until after the fourth.. But uh, I almost always do that with games.. When ever a sequel is released (or prequel) I'll usaully go back and replay the series... As soon as I finish Folklore and maybe Ratchet & Clank Future, I'll probably start on Devil May Cry 3..
Message 15 of 68 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
487 posts

Jan 7, 2008
I'm getting the DMC box set tomorrow, hopefully finish 1, 2, and 3 before 4 is released.
Message 16 of 68 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7852 posts

Jan 7, 2008

Evertras wrote:
I'm getting the DMC box set tomorrow, hopefully finish 1, 2, and 3 before 4 is released.

I would suggest skipping 2 all together, because its story has nothing to do with dmc 1 or 3. Just play DMC 1 and 3 as their stories tie in to DMC 4.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
----Watchmen 3.06.09---- Watchmen rating: 9/10
Message 17 of 68 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6879 posts

Jan 7, 2008

carbonox_ratchet wrote:
With Devil May Cry 4 fast approaching, surely there are people out there who are either:

1. Playing through the entire series
2. Playing through Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 3
3. Playing through Devil May Cry
4. Playing through Devil May Cry 3

Are there any people here who plans on, or are currently playing, one/two/three of the older titles?

I can see Devil May Cry 3 being more of a favorable choice due to its gameplay similarities to Devil May Cry 4. Heck, I plan on getting some hours under my belt with Devil May Cry 3 at some stage this weekend.

So the question is, are any people playing any of the older titles in the series? Or are you currently doing so already?

Message Edited by carbonox_ratchet on 01-05-2008 07:28 PM

I am planning to play when it gets more close to the release of 4 (so probably next week ). As always I will refresh my mind with the story of DMC by playing 1 and 3 timeline wise. Plus since the announcement of the ranking system I think it would be good to prime my combo skills, speed, style switching etc.
Photobucket
Message 18 of 68 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Jan 7, 2008
I thought I'd reply and share some cool info after some trial and error in Devil May Cry 3.

Ultimate Tempest is THE most powerful move in the game, 'nuff said. I was going through mission 8 a few times on each difficulty to test the power of the move using Agni & Rudra. On Dante Must Die, you're able to finish off Leviathan's Heart with just 3 Ultimate Tempests. This is providing you're mashing Triangle enough times after the initial Tempest (which follows on from Twister when you press O). An absolute beast of a move.

I haven't tried it with Devil Trigger Flux though but surely that would knock out half of the boss's health in just one combo.

As for the accompanying Leviathan Hearts, Ultimate Tempest works just as well and a well-placed aerial combo straight after the combo will put one of the Hearts out of action pretty quickly. I also found out that using Agni & Rudra's Sky Dance and Beowulf's Hammer in tandem with eachother can make short work of the extra Hearts as well. In order for this to work, you'd have to follow this set order:

1. Sky Dance
2. Hammer
3. Sky Dance
4. Hammer

Extremely basic on paper yet difficult to pull off. Basically, you would have to pull of Sky Dance and INSTANTLY switch to Beowulf to use Hammer before INSTANTLY switching back to Agni & Rudra for Sky Dance. If done correctly, not only do you stay in the air for quite some time, but by the time you do land back on the floor (damn you gravity), you'd have removed around half of the Heart's health. If you're lucky, you'll land on the head of one of the many enemies below you allowing you jump off of their heads, dodge their attacks and repeat the lengthy aerial combo again. The reason why I opt for Beowulf's Hammer and not the aerial attacks of other weapons is due to Hammer's damage capabilities. One Hammer is a lot more stronger than a complete Sky Dance or an Aerial Rave, for example.

By utilising Agni & Rudra and Beowulf properly, Leviathan's Heart pretty much becomes the easiest boss in Dante Must Die.

In any other mission, Ultimate Tempest works best when you have an enemy, or enemies, in the air with you. Considering Ultimate Tempest activates when Dante is quite far off the ground and continues to raise him up in the air, using Crossed Swords first to launch the enemies up in to the air is recommended. Using Twister straight after will raise them further in the air setting them up perfectly for Ultimate Tempest providing you're quick on the Triangle button.

Hopefully this will help many of the members here finding some of the bosses and enemies difficult on the harder difficulties. Just make sure the enemies are in the air or they/the bosses are tall enough to take the full punt of the move.

Message Edited by carbonox_ratchet on 01-07-2008 03:33 AM
Message 19 of 68 (19 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Jan 7, 2008

carbonox_ratchet wrote:
I thought I'd reply and share some cool info after some trial and error in Devil May Cry 3.

Ultimate Tempest is THE most powerful move in the game, 'nuff said. I was going through mission 8 a few times on each difficulty to test the power of the move using Agni & Rudra. On Dante Must Die, you're able to finish off Leviathan's Heart with just 3 Ultimate Tempests. This is providing you're mashing Triangle enough times after the initial Tempest (which follows on from Twister when you press O). An absolute beast of a move.

I haven't tried it with Devil Trigger Flux though but surely that would knock out half of the boss's health in just one combo.

As for the accompanying Leviathan Hearts, Ultimate Tempest works just as well and a well-placed aerial combo straight after the combo will put one of the Hearts out of action pretty quickly. I also found out that using Agni & Rudra's Sky Dance and Beowulf's Hammer in tandem with eachother can make short work of the extra Hearts as well. In order for this to work, you'd have to follow this set order:

1. Sky Dance
2. Hammer
3. Sky Dance
4. Hammer

Extremely basic on paper yet difficult to pull off. Basically, you would have to pull of Sky Dance and INSTANTLY switch to Beowulf to use Hammer before INSTANTLY switching back to Agni & Rudra for Sky Dance. If done correctly, not only do you stay in the air for quite some time, but by the time you do land back on the floor (damn you gravity), you'd have removed around half of the Heart's health. If you're lucky, you'll land on the head of one of the many enemies below you allowing you jump off of their heads, dodge their attacks and repeat the lengthy aerial combo again. The reason why I opt for Beowulf's Hammer and not the aerial attacks of other weapons is due to Hammer's damage capabilities. One Hammer is a lot more stronger than a complete Sky Dance or an Aerial Rave, for example.

By utilising Agni & Rudra and Beowulf properly, Leviathan's Heart pretty much becomes the easiest boss in Dante Must Die.

In any other mission, Ultimate Tempest works best when you have an enemy, or enemies, in the air with you. Considering Ultimate Tempest activates when Dante is quite far off the ground and continues to raise him up in the air, using Crossed Swords first to launch the enemies up in to the air is recommended. Using Twister straight after will raise them further in the air setting them up perfectly for Ultimate Tempest providing you're quick on the Triangle button.

Hopefully this will help many of the members here finding some of the bosses and enemies difficult on the harder difficulties. Just make sure the enemies are in the air or they/the bosses are tall enough to take the full punt of the move.

Message Edited by carbonox_ratchet on 01-07-2008 03:33 AM

. . . . whoa, thats crazy.    Anyway, which move is ultimate Tempest?  IS that the Circle back move where you make the big "tornado" of wind and fire?
Message 20 of 68 (19 Views)
0 Likes