Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 19 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
593 posts

Re: Ninja Theory's DMC release date announced

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

No, Reuben Langdon isn't voicing or motion capturing "Donte".

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4063 posts

Jul 31, 2012

It's really gotten to the point where I really just want a game with DMC like gameplay. As long as Ninja Theory can deliver on fast action gameplay of swords and guns I'll be happy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 19 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Aug 4, 2012

ill be geting this used, way the developers trash talk heir customers is unacceptable.

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 19 (514 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Aug 7, 2012

I agree with whoever said it earlier about their opinion changing slightly.

Don't get me wrong, i'm in no way approving the changes, but it doesn't look completely terrible now.   It looks like it might be a different action title, and were it a completely new IP, and not changing a great old one, I might even be excited.

I may even be interested enough to try it.

That said i've heard from people who've tried the demos that the controls are all wonky and quite different from traditional DMC.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 19 (509 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2947 posts

Aug 14, 2012
@ScreamKing09 I absolutely agree, it was terrible to see NT speak in such a condescending manner to the fanbase of the title they have been hired to work on.

@Super_Vegeta1986
I've seen the gameplay and I'm unimpressed, but the real killer for me is the premise. That isn't Dante, and the whole setup of the Universe does not match what we have come to love in a DMC game. I do not want to have a woman's voice telling me what to do to proceed through the level...

Fextralife.com A gaming blog anyone can contribute to!
Wiki.fextralife.com A wiki network created and managed by gamers for gamers
Bloodborne Wiki | Destiny Wiki | Dark Souls II Wiki | Elder Scrolls Online Wiki | Lords of the Fallen Wiki |
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 19 (507 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Aug 24, 2012

@Fexelea
This DMC in no way has ties to the Classic everyone loves. It's a freaking alternate reality version. Kind of like a Devil May Cry "What If?" story.

I don't understand why everybody is getting so bent out of shape about DMC: Devil May Cry. They are not calling this a sequel or a prequel to the DMC everyone knows and loves. If you would just look at from a different point of view instead saying that they are ruining Devil May Cry by putting this game out, we'd all be a little happier.

Besides what if, and I mean this as a totally hypothetical situation, what if this DMC was released BEFORE the DMC we all know. Would you all be saying that the Classic Dante we've come to know was a "Donte"? Or that they are ruining DMC by putting it out?

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 19 (502 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2947 posts

Sep 13, 2012

NefariousJester wrote:

@Fexelea
This DMC in no way has ties to the Classic everyone loves. It's a freaking alternate reality version. Kind of like a Devil May Cry "What If?" story.

It's a "reboot" aka a reimagining and refocusing of the series in a new direction. Yes we know.

NefariousJester wrote:
I don't understand why everybody is getting so bent out of shape about DMC: Devil May Cry. They are not calling this a sequel or a prequel to the DMC everyone knows and loves. If you would just look at from a different point of view instead saying that they are ruining Devil May Cry by putting this game out, we'd all be a little happier.

Who is "all" who will be happier? I don't understand that you cannot understand that the fans of a successful franchise are upset at a reboot that has nothing to do with everything that made that franchise successful. The character design aside, the world and gameplay do not relate to what made the series a hit and, coupled with the arrogance and condescending commentary from Ninja Theory, it's an insult to the fans that brought this series its fame.

NefariousJester wrote:Besides what if, and I mean this as a totally hypothetical situation, what if this DMC was released BEFORE the DMC we all know. Would you all be saying that the Classic Dante we've come to know was a "Donte"? Or that they are ruining DMC by putting it out?

Then this DMC would have gotten successful on its own merits and have its own following that would be equally upset if their beloved game got its name stolen for a reimagining that has nothing to do with what made the original good.

Fextralife.com A gaming blog anyone can contribute to!
Wiki.fextralife.com A wiki network created and managed by gamers for gamers
Bloodborne Wiki | Destiny Wiki | Dark Souls II Wiki | Elder Scrolls Online Wiki | Lords of the Fallen Wiki |
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 19 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1135 posts

Oct 6, 2012

cool

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 19 (447 Views)