3129 posts

Re: Re: How are Dante and Nero related? *spoiler*

Feb 18, 2008

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

*-KILLZONER-* wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

ConFu wrote:
Oh, no wonder I never understood it.
hmm, maybe he's Vergil's son? Can't be Dante's.

Can't be Vergil's either.

How?

Vergil would be in his late twenties, early thirties. Nero is at least 19/20.

False! Because Sparda died 2000 year ago, which in turn means that Vergil and Dante is about 2000 years old. An obvious explanation would be that they're demons so they probably don't age like humans. So the possibility of Nero being Vergil's son is still open.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 97 (768 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8292 posts

Feb 18, 2008

ConFu wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

*-KILLZONER-* wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

ConFu wrote:

How?

False! Because Sparda died 2000 year ago, which in turn means that Vergil and Dante is about 2000 years old. An obvious explanation would be that they're demons so they probably don't age like humans. So the possibility of Nero being Vergil's son is still open.

Someone challenges Carbo?! :smileysurprised: *shock and awe*

I can disprove your theory right now though, if Dante and Vergil were birthed from a HUMAN mother, she wouldn't have lived 2000 years to have said children if Dante and Vergil are only about 30 years old at the latest definite point in the timeline now.... thats an official fact on their age anyways.

Not only that, but its never been said when Sparda died, just that the war he waged began 2000 years ago, its believed he made the seal and then after these 2000 years impregnated Eva who in turn had Dante and Vergil. Whether he died before or after their births is unknown.

I don't know if any of the above made sense since i'm ridiculously tired right now, so advance apologies.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 97 (768 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
165 posts

Feb 18, 2008
It made sense to me. Well done.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 97 (768 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3129 posts

Feb 18, 2008

Chaos92 wrote:

Someone challenges Carbo?! :smileysurprised: *shock and awe*

I can disprove your theory right now though, if Dante and Vergil were birthed from a HUMAN mother, she wouldn't have lived 2000 years to have said children if Dante and Vergil are only about 30 years old at the latest definite point in the timeline now.... thats an official fact on their age anyways.

Not only that, but its never been said when Sparda died, just that the war he waged began 2000 years ago, its believed he made the seal and then after these 2000 years impregnated Eva who in turn had Dante and Vergil. Whether he died before or after their births is unknown.

I don't know if any of the above made sense since i'm ridiculously tired right now, so advance apologies.

Are you sure Sparda didn't die?

I'm quite sure that their Mother and Sparda died at around the same time (2000 years ago). The mother might not have survived 2000 years but the twins did. Anyway I might have gotten this all wrong. I need to play the games again. And just curious where did you find the "official fact" about their age? I don't think the games have ever mentioned their age.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 97 (768 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Feb 18, 2008

ConFu wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

*-KILLZONER-* wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

ConFu wrote:

How?

False! Because Sparda died 2000 year ago, which in turn means that Vergil and Dante is about 2000 years old. An obvious explanation would be that they're demons so they probably don't age like humans. So the possibility of Nero being Vergil's son is still open.

Lol, Dante and Vergil are not 2000 years old. Sparda never died 2000 years ago. Not once was this mentioned.

Sparda died shortly before or after the twins were born. Eva was killed when they were 9. Trish mentions in the first game that Dante lost his brother and mother 20 years prior. Vergil also went missing at that time, hence why it all adds up.

Dante and Vergil were confirmed to be in their late teens in Devil May Cry 3. They would be around 29/30 in Devil May Cry 4 as Kobayashi-san stated that Lady is 10 years older in Devil May Cry 4 than she was in the last game.

There's nothing confusing about this whatsoever.

Message Edited by carbonox_ratchet on 02-18-2008 01:37 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 97 (768 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2039 posts

Re: How are Dante and Nero related? *spoiler*

Feb 18, 2008
The whole idea of Nero being created could work because the game had tons of enemies that were "created" by Agnus.  However Agnus never lets on that he is the one who created Nero so I dont know.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 97 (768 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Feb 18, 2008

*-KILLZONER-* wrote:

The_Emard wrote:

Tony_Redgrave wrote:

carbonox_ratchet wrote:

Vx7 wrote:
Like I said before. Sparda must have had a brother or sister. Or Capcom screwed up big TIME. Or there is a perfectly logic explanation.

I'd rather it be that Nero is a creation using the blood of Sparda as opposed to being born naturally. Only then could it make sense.

Likewise i like to think that it is similar to as how Sparda gave demonic power to some residents of Vie du marlie, Sparda could have gave a few specific humans some of his blood to help him fight against the demons. thats probably what went down.
He is a Decendant of sparda's blood but not Sparda....that make sense. lol

Agreed !!!!!

Hahahaha, I love your sig.

LOL !!!!!
" I thought it was my job to give all the boys their first kiss." -Jessica Alba !

I want my kiss !
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 97 (768 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 18, 2008
they told us that sparta has 2 sons, not 2 children. which means that sparta could had daughters.
its only my speculations, that dante had older sister whom gave birth to nero.
hahaha.. funny
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 97 (768 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5715 posts

Feb 18, 2008

ss_tac wrote:
they told us that sparta has 2 sons, not 2 children. which means that sparta could had daughters.
its only my speculations, that dante had older sister whom gave birth to nero.
hahaha.. funny

Nice theory...
Joe_w-uk Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 97 (768 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Feb 18, 2008
I think Nero is the son of Nelo Angelo (Virgil) and Trish.

The reason I think this is possible is because DMC3 was supposed to take place when Virgil and Dante were still young. I'm not sure how old exactly, but it was a point in their lives when they were really coming to fulfill their potentials as the Sons of Sparda. Virgil met Trish as Nelo Angelo (isn't Nelo sort of like Nero?? [I think this applies to Japanese as well, but "r" sounds and "l" sounds are often mixed up during pronounciation) or its possible that Mundus arranges the boot knocking activities. It was said in the game the Sparda served as ruler in that city of the Order or whatever. I think Trish entrusted the Order or people within the order with Nero, knowing it would be the best place for him to grow and develop. Also keep in mind that DMC3 is a prequel to DMC1.

The reason I think Virgil is Nero father is due to his fighting style as opposed to Dante. Compare the Stinger with Virgils dashing slash (much like Nero's dashing slash). Didn't Virgil say something like "Begone!" Oh my God! Nero says that too!! Also, during Nero's devil trigger doesn't those phantom projectile blades work similarly to Virgils projectiles in DMC3?

As far as Trish being the mother I base this on her behavior during the cutscene were Lady is telling them about the Order. Could be my imagination, could be my **bleep**ty TV, but I think at some point Trish is eyeing Lady out of the corner of her eyes. Remember, Trish also leaves without a word.

Ok, so lets assume I'm wrong and Nero is not Vir... I mean Nelo Angelo's son. He is still directly related to Dante and Virgil is some way. Otherwise Dante would not have entrusted Yamoto with Nero because it "has to stay in the family."

At work right now. If i think of anything else i'll post again later. 
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 97 (768 Views)
0 Likes