Sep 28 2010
By: Sparda_FL Splicer 59 posts

Dmc 5 story ???

10 replies 3250 views Edited Sep 28, 2010

I have been looking at the trailer numerous times to see if i have missed something and as one of the comments say from Carbon,, the new Dante does have a patch of white hair in the back and towards the middle of the trailer we can see it more.....

Some ppl said that it may take place before dmc 3, which i think is possible because of the couple of reasons.

In the first dmc novel Dante knows nothing about his brother and who he actually is. He is a freelancer, a mercenary, then he meets his brother etc. and the whole novel would make perfect sense and would fit right in before the dmc3 and the mange IF at the end of it Dante didnt kill vergil,, because vergil is back again in dmc3 and then in dmc1 blah blah blah etc. So the novel cant even fit after dmc3 because he already knows of his brother and his brother knows of him. Where in the novel neither know of each other,,,,, anyways to get back to the topic......

Dante is also knows as Tony Redgrave in the novel and the anime...... So maybe the devil may cry 5 will take place when Tony finds out who he really is and learns of his heritage,,,,, maybe he will be a young teen in the game ,, age 15 or 16.... that can clear up the fact that Dante has black hair and smokes and is a trouble some teen,,,( Maybe he changed his hair to black or maybe he started to change because of the demon blood thats with in him.)

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (3,250 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
446 posts

Re: Dmc 5 story ???

Sep 29, 2010

the only problem I have with all that is that dante remembers (in devil may dry 1 on ps2) Vergil talking to him as a child and his mom. 

Capcom needs someone to write a dmc bible and sick to it and stop screwing over fans by "this happened before we just forgot o tell you". 

Clearup Nero

Bring back Vergil

Bring back Mundus

Devil arms that make Dante look like a demon (like sparda in dmc1 ) not like an eva unit from neon evangellion.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (3,250 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10922 posts

Sep 29, 2010

Sparda_FL wrote:

I have been looking at the trailer numerous times to see if i have missed something and as one of the comments say from Carbon,, the new Dante does have a patch of white hair in the back and towards the middle of the trailer we can see it more.....

Some ppl said that it may take place before dmc 3, which i think is possible because of the couple of reasons.

In the first dmc novel Dante knows nothing about his brother and who he actually is. He is a freelancer, a mercenary, then he meets his brother etc. and the whole novel would make perfect sense and would fit right in before the dmc3 and the mange IF at the end of it Dante didnt kill vergil,, because vergil is back again in dmc3 and then in dmc1 blah blah blah etc. So the novel cant even fit after dmc3 because he already knows of his brother and his brother knows of him. Where in the novel neither know of each other,,,,, anyways to get back to the topic......

Dante is also knows as Tony Redgrave in the novel and the anime...... So maybe the devil may cry 5 will take place when Tony finds out who he really is and learns of his heritage,,,,, maybe he will be a young teen in the game ,, age 15 or 16.... that can clear up the fact that Dante has black hair and smokes and is a trouble some teen,,,( Maybe he changed his hair to black or maybe he started to change because of the demon blood thats with in him.)

DmC: Devil May Cry is not Devil May Cry 5. Try not to refer to it as such in the future.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (3,250 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Sep 30, 2010

I haven't read  much of the opinions about this game but, has anyone suggested that this Dante is a fake one?

I mean, the guy is on some kind of Cell and someone forces him to say that his name is Dante.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (3,250 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
684 posts

Oct 7, 2010

xHeavYx wrote:

I haven't read  much of the opinions about this game but, has anyone suggested that this Dante is a fake one?

I mean, the guy is on some kind of Cell and someone forces him to say that his name is Dante.

Yes we have.

And no, he wasn't forced to say his name was Dante, he actually said that his name was Dante.

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (3,250 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Nov 3, 2010

Well, according to that video, someone asks him a few times before he says his name is Dante

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (3,250 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
684 posts

Nov 4, 2010

xHeavYx wrote:

Well, according to that video, someone asks him a few times before he says his name is Dante

Yea but he wasn't FORCED INTO saying his name, just constantly asked.

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (3,250 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Nov 10, 2010

xHeavYx wrote:

I had the same thought at one point. Maybe he is a fake, or brainwashed or something like that. If you pause at the right time when he's fighting the demos then he yells because his head hurts or something you can see an x-ray of his head so it is a possibility. They could be pulling the Star wars force unleashed affect where he doesn't know who he is at one point in time.

Plus think back to DMC3, there was an enemy you had to fight called DoppleGanger so I would keep it in mind that there may be a second Dante (the one we see in the trailer).

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (3,250 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Nov 12, 2010

xAce_Prodigyx wrote:

xHeavYx wrote:

I had the same thought at one point. Maybe he is a fake, or brainwashed or something like that. If you pause at the right time when he's fighting the demos then he yells because his head hurts or something you can see an x-ray of his head so it is a possibility. They could be pulling the Star wars force unleashed affect where he doesn't know who he is at one point in time.

Plus think back to DMC3, there was an enemy you had to fight called DoppleGanger so I would keep it in mind that there may be a second Dante (the one we see in the trailer).

No, Ace. Trust me, it's a nice theory and all--and it's one I'm very sure many of us wanted to flow w/ when we first saw the trailer (I, too, had felt similarly at first)--but Capcom & NT all but dashed that possibility when they flat-out said that it was 'Dante' but a rebooted one. 

So, in other words....don't necessarily hold your breath on that particular theory of the story. 

R.I.P. to my beloved 40gb ceramic white 2007-2011 (YLOD)

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (3,250 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 7, 2013
I think this is before dmc3, and maybe this is the point before he had white hair. This is a theory but dante is half half if I'm correct. So basically my theory is this, he is going through evolutions as in when he is a teen he had black hair and instead of a demon transformation he had transforms into white hair dante. Then dmc 1 2 and 3 we see him as white hair dante, so something must of triggered and made him permanently white hair dante and set the stage for the demon dante in 1,2 and 3. So maybe this is setting the stage for dmc6 when he fully unlocks his potential and stays in demon dante instead of half human and half demon or something like that.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (2,845 Views)
0 Likes