Nov 01 2011
By: SlashZaku PlayStation MVP 41020 posts

DmC Takes Place in a Parallel World w/ Different Dante...

10 replies 781 views Edited Nov 1, 2011

I've been confused since Day-Freaking-1 on what the hell DmC is.  I didn't know if it was a reboot/reimagining of sorts or if it was another far flung prequel.  Everytime they release news, I get more confused as if they don't know themselves and are just steadily changing their minds in an attempt to cover their asses with fans:

The half-angel, half-demon Dante in DmC Devil May Cry is not the Dante you know from Devil May Cry. Strange yes, but there’s an explanation inside Dengeki PlayStation. The magazine explains Ninja Theory’s game takes place in parallel world.

The Dante we know and love still exists in our world and the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 universe. Ninja Theory suggested this storyline shift, according to the magazine.

Siliconera

Now, we know they didn't finish the story with the original series so...they're starting a new storyline in a parallel world?  Why not finish the first?  And is DMC2 in this 'parallel world' or is that in an entirely different parallel world separate from these 2?

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (781 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1881 posts

Re: DmC Takes Place in a Parallel World w/ Different Dante...

[ Edited ]
Dec 20, 2012

Haha so that's their excuse? A parallel dimension?  This is the kind of **** I'd expect out of comics.  "Oh you guys didn't enjoy that arc? that's ok it's not canon, it all happened in a different world anyways."  -  "yea bu..."  -  "...parallel world!".  They're just trying to dig themselves out of a hole they shouldn't have even dug in the first place and it's hilarious watching them try.

Edit: profanity

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (781 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2918 posts

Nov 1, 2011

I have to agree this sounds retarded. But I am glad Capcom is already backing down from their "this series needs a reboot"  stance and laying the ground to getting back to the real Devil May Cry

Let's sum this up with words of wisdom from my dear husband:

"Of course DMC takes place on an alternate reality where DMC SUCKS"

Fextralife.com A gaming blog anyone can contribute to!
Wiki.fextralife.com A wiki network created and managed by gamers for gamers
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (781 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Nov 2, 2011

I just have to ask: If this isn't 'Dante', why use 'Dante' as a basis?  Why couldn't this have been a spin-off with an entirely new character?  Let NT take their own liberties with it from there.  Placing 'Dante' in front of the fans in this depiction pissed them off and then it just seems like it's been back tracking since then.  "It's not "Dante, Dante", it's DANTE.  Everything is OK!  Really!"  Just seems stupid.  They should have just created a new character and had more leg room to do whatever they wanted.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (781 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Nov 2, 2011

I didn't particularly care for my DMC 3 experience and found DMC 1 to be a chore to get very far in. I did give DMC 4 a try and for the most part enjoyed it. I'm actually looking forward to this reboot or whatever it is they're making this out to be. Alternate universe. Alternate theory. /shrug/ Looks interesting to me, but then I'm not a die hard fan of the series so I think that makes more of a difference in the points of view.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (781 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Dec 21, 2011

DMC 1 and 3 were great games, just not the easiest games to play. Once you got the hang of it though they were great fun. It was more about spectacle and less about story. The Phantom still is one of my favorite boss fights of all time. Especially when you go round 3 with him.

The more they show about DmC the more interested I'm getting. Sure he doesn't look like Dante, but they've also said there are story reasons why his hair is not fully white. My guess / hope is that he gets stuck in the white haired state by the end of the game. 4 was good but there was so much unfinished story stuff with Nero. Who is he? Is he related? etc.

As much as I hate to say it this might be a good shot in the arm for fans of the series to rally about getting a new proper DMC 5 and getting Capcom to wrap up some of the plot holes.

At this point I'm just happy we are getting a new DmC. And yes, I've thrown my fair share of hate at the remodel. The character might not appeal, but the gameplay looks like it's shaping up.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (781 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1135 posts

Oct 6, 2012

lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (734 Views)
Wastelander
889 posts

Oct 11, 2012
Well its obvious this takes place in the anti verse for **bleep** sake how do you not know this takes place in the anti verse first off timezone the game take plave during the devil may cry 3 time obviously were dante first meets vergil and the big tower was in a trailer lady hates demons and wants to kill them all but kats goal is to make peace and just limit there power vergil wanted power but this vergil is tryin to prevent demons from becaming powerful in the devil may cry universe we know demons are no secret and stood out but in this game nobody no's about demons and demons blend in In society and last dante his hair is black but the one we know is white hid jacket is black on the outside and ref on the inside but the dante we knows jacket is red on outside and black on inside and this dante smokes and gets laid often but dante we knoe hates smoke and is a ladies man but doesn't care for sex or at least he isn't a sexual devite
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (721 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Tmix1600 wrote:
Well its obvious this takes place in the anti verse for **bleep** sake how do you not know this takes place in the anti verse first off timezone the game take plave during the devil may cry 3 time obviously were dante first meets vergil and the big tower was in a trailer lady hates demons and wants to kill them all but kats goal is to make peace and just limit there power vergil wanted power but this vergil is tryin to prevent demons from becaming powerful in the devil may cry universe we know demons are no secret and stood out but in this game nobody no's about demons and demons blend in In society and last dante his hair is black but the one we know is white hid jacket is black on the outside and ref on the inside but the dante we knows jacket is red on outside and black on inside and this dante smokes and gets laid often but dante we knoe hates smoke and is a ladies man but doesn't care for sex or at least he isn't a sexual devite

DMC3 wasnt the first time they met, they met 10 years earlier to the events of the game. Dante's jacket in the original DMC was red inside too, don't know what you are talking about this not the "opposite world" is a more realistic way of presenting Devil May Cry.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (715 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Oct 22, 2012
Where was his jacket different never his jacket has always been that way dmc 3 is before dmc1 so if in dmc 1 its different that means he just changed up and vergil only knew dante when they were kids besides that they never met and it is a opposite world maybe if you payed attention to the trailer were they showed the tower from dmc3 you would know that
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (696 Views)
0 Likes