Re: Devil May Cry 1-3 Rated by ESRB for PS3

Sep 7, 2011
Message 2 of 26 (627 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41567 posts

Sep 7, 2011

Wondering if they'll be showing/revealing it at TGS.

Message 3 of 26 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Sep 7, 2011

Did ESRB think that this version of DMC(in a HD collection if that's the case) would get a E rating as oppose to M? Must be a slow day at the office. In any case i won't be picking up the collection. DMC on PS2 was great and for me that's where it's staying.

You can pick it up on amazon, the PS2 5th anniversary collection for 30 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/Devil-May-Anniversary-Collection-Playstation-2/dp/B000IB0CU4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF...

Message 4 of 26 (627 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41567 posts

Sep 7, 2011

bronxz32 wrote:

Did ESRB think that this version of DMC(in a HD collection if that's the case) would get a E rating as oppose to M? Must be a slow day at the office. In any case i won't be picking up the collection. DMC on PS2 was great and for me that's where it's staying.

http://www.amazon.com/Devil-May-Anniversary-Collection-Playstation-2/dp/B000IB0CU4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF...

They always have to rerate games.  Either way, it's a nice 'heads up'.

I'll be honestly surprised and burst out laughing if this does better than 'DmC'.

Message 5 of 26 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Sep 7, 2011

They don't always rerate games, when i think of re-rating i think of what the MPAA does. Just like MPAA i look at re-rating of a game/movie/album or whatever that changes it's rating from it's original  to a new one. Did ESRB really think that DMC would change to T, considering that it's the same game(or games in this case) that followed the same guidelines when they came out to get the M rating? To me it seems that ESRB needs another big controversy so that they can storm the capitol hill, and be the center of attention again. Maybe when the new GTA comes out, some kid will do something stupid and that'll be the spark that starts the fire. Sure it would be old news but it will give ESRB something to do.

Message 6 of 26 (627 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41567 posts

Sep 7, 2011

bronxz32 wrote:

They don't always rerate games, when i think of re-rating i think of what the MPAA does. Just like MPAA i look at re-rating of a game/movie/album or whatever that changes it's rating from it's original  to a new one. Did ESRB really think that DMC would change to T, considering that it's the same game(or games in this case) that followed the same guidelines when they came out to get the M rating? To me it seems that ESRB needs another big controversy so that they can storm the capitol hill, and be the center of attention again. Maybe when the new GTA comes out, some kid will do something stupid and that'll be the spark that starts the fire. Sure it would be old news but it will give ESRB something to do.

Rerate/add a new platform to the listing, whatever.  They do it anyways (can publishers get by without having them do it?).  What was their last big probem?  GTASA?  Or was it Manhunt 2?  And I never followed up on it but don't some studios use the 'Unrated' tag on movies to get out of some fee to the MPAA?  Or is that nothing more than a marketing angle?

Message 7 of 26 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Sep 7, 2011

SlashZaku wrote:

bronxz32 wrote:

Rerate/add a new platform to the listing, whatever.  They do it anyways (can publishers get by without having them do it?).  What was their last big probem?  GTASA?  Or was it Manhunt 2?  And I never followed up on it but don't some studios use the 'Unrated' tag on movies to get out of some fee to the MPAA?  Or is that nothing more than a marketing angle?

Most major film studios if not all get their films rated, you are going to have that director that will put up a fight and get his own cut included or re-released.  Unrated films are usually films not backed by big companies and are independent or contain whole lot of nudity. What i mean as far as ESRB and DMC go, is that it's getting the same rated M stamp on the PS3(if the HD collection is true) as it is on the PS2. The ESRB rating scale didn't change that much. They have to put the rating on a game so that the consumer knows it and publishers have to go by it, but re-rating i see that as the way MPAA has done it because they have made changes to their system throughout time and a lot of films have changed their ratings from the original.

Message 8 of 26 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
3374 posts

Sep 7, 2011

SlashZaku wrote:

I'll be honestly surprised and burst out laughing if this does better than 'DmC'.

I'm gonna buy like 3 of the HD collection copies and just so we can laugh together

Message 9 of 26 (627 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12116 posts

Sep 10, 2011

SlashZaku wrote:

bronxz32 wrote:

I will be surprised if DmC: Devil May Cry exceeds Devil May Cry HD Collection in terms of sales.

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 10 of 26 (627 Views)
0 Likes