Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MVP Support
11598 posts

Re: DMC Demo Nov 20th

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

There was nothing wrong with the character swap in the special edition of Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening apart from the fact that Vergil didn’t receive very many cutscenes. Add-on content is fine and dandy but if players are only able to play as Vergil in ONE chapter then I hope that this chapter has enough reply value in it to be worth its price of admission. The special edition of Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening had phenomenal replay value as Vergil because you could play through the ENTIRE video game with him rather than just one chapter. Nothing has led me to believe that this will be the case with DmC: Devil May Cry. At the very least I would expect Vergil to have a rich and cool move set because that is what he had in the special edition of Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening but DmC: Devil May Cry hasn’t exactly been able to lift my spirits in any way, shape, or form.

I’m wondering what the God of War, Dante’s Inferno, and Heavenly Sword crowd thinks about this video game...

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison

Message 11 of 14 (423 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

My experience with the DmC demo equals to two words: Automatic Lock-on. It feels pretty bad in it when you are surrounded (you could always dodge, but still). 

The fighting style takes some getting used to (of course). The fact that there are enemies that can only be hit with certain weapons in the harder difficulties feels tacked on imo. 

The dialogue takes some getting used to. I kind of liked the boss battles better in the original titles, like Angelo Credo in DMC4.

It's not that bad, but it does have some faults.

Message 12 of 14 (413 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Dec 3, 2012

I got to play the demo and experienced a similar bug. Honestly though, because it was a demo I didnt find it to be a problem. And yes, the demo was fun. :smileyhappy:

On a side note, has anyone else relized yet you can customize the control layout?

Message 13 of 14 (408 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3015 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Control layout customization has been there for previous titles, it's a vital part of getting good combos :smileytongue:
Message 14 of 14 (383 Views)
0 Likes