Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 14 2012
By: ooOHinataOoo Treasure Hunter 4460 posts

DMC Demo Nov 20th

[ Edited ]
13 replies 490 views Edited Nov 14, 2012

YoungDante.jpg

Okay guys, time to make this official. The long-awaited playable demo for DmC Devil May Crywill be available for download on your Xbox 360 or PS3 as of 11/20 in North America, or 11/20 and 11/21 respectively in Europe. It'll contain two action-packed missions, one of which is a big ol' boss battle.

The demo will contain a few of the game's difficulty modes, including the remixed "Son of Sparda" mode, which becomes unlocked after one completion. You'll also have access to a variety of the game's weapon upgrades and maybe a couple secrets along the way :smileywink:

We're just a week out, guys. Look forward to it!

Also, in case you missed it, we've just announced an add-on chapter, Vergil's Downfall, where you'll be able to play as Dante's brother Vergil in all-new areas, against new enemies, with a rich and very cool new moveset. I've seen some confusion floating around out there, so to reiterate some key points:

-This is all-new content, not just a DMC3: SE-style character swap.
-The add-on is not "day one"; it will come out sometime after launch of the game.
-The add-on is FREE to anyone who pre-orders DmC from GameStop (U.S.A.) or EBGame (Canada).
-If you don't pre-order the game, the add-on will still be available at the same time, but for $8.99/720 MSP.

I'm also very happy to point out that this content is not on-disc.

(Source: http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/11/14/dmc-demo-coming-november-20)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (490 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2950 posts

Re: DMC Demo Nov 20th

Nov 15, 2012

I'm not looking forward to it. In fact I hope to avoid seeing it and attempt to retain my fond memories of the real DMC intact.

Fextralife.com A gaming blog anyone can contribute to!
Wiki.fextralife.com A wiki network created and managed by gamers for gamers
Bloodborne Wiki | Destiny Wiki | Dark Souls II Wiki | Elder Scrolls Online Wiki | Lords of the Fallen Wiki |
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (481 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Nov 16, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (476 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Hell, I'm going to give it a try. lol @ Capcom saying it plays at 30 fps but feels like 60 fps.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (460 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4460 posts

Nov 18, 2012

CircleBoi6 wrote:
Hell, I'm going to give it a try. lol @ Capcom saying it plays at 30 fps but feels like 60 fps.

I am, too. Even though other people don't like the new game that's coming out and saying that isn't Dante, I think they should give the demo a try. The demo is free. You're not

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (457 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2950 posts

Nov 23, 2012
So I downloaded this...

OMG what a horrible experience. I wish I was one of those people who bash and let be.. I had to go and see if it would work!

First thing that happens in demo? I click subtitles on and voila! there is no voice the entire cutscene. Woot

Leaving aside beloved characters getting the tool look, Dante moves clunky and unispiredly. I did not feel excitement as the combos built up and the music was not engaging or thrilling.

The girl telling you were to go is such a NT trademark and such a bad choice for a DMC game...

This could be another game and do fine. But as it is presented, it is not worth the DMC brand, and I hope Capcom brings the real deal back

Bloodborne Wiki | Destiny Wiki | Dark Souls II Wiki | Elder Scrolls Online Wiki | Lords of the Fallen Wiki |
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Nov 23, 2012

I'm definitely not a fan of Ninja Theory when it comes to the combat in their games so DmC wasn't really on my list of "must buy" games.  That said, since the demo is free I decided to give it a try.  Better than expected.  The environments are pretty cool but the combat doesn't feel as smooth as other action games like Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden II.  If I do get the game it will be for the "other" console as Unreal Engine usually has performance issues on PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4460 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Fexelea wrote:
So I downloaded this...

OMG what a horrible experience. I wish I was one of those people who bash and let be.. I had to go and see if it would work!

First thing that happens in demo? I click subtitles on and voila! there is no voice the entire cutscene. Woot

Leaving aside beloved characters getting the tool look, Dante moves clunky and unispiredly. I did not feel excitement as the combos built up and the music was not engaging or thrilling.

The girl telling you were to go is such a NT trademark and such a bad choice for a DMC game...

This could be another game and do fine. But as it is presented, it is not worth the DMC brand, and I hope Capcom brings the real deal back

That's weird. I had the subtitles on when I played the demo and there was voice playing during the cutscene.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (395 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2950 posts

Nov 26, 2012
I've relaunched the demo a few times now and it happens 50% of the time... weird bug. Either way, quite the first impression.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4460 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Fexelea wrote:
I've relaunched the demo a few times now and it happens 50% of the time... weird bug. Either way, quite the first impression.

Wow! That is a weird bug. The only problem I've been having with the demo is when the mask man says, "Demons, we know you're game," the word "Demons" doesn't get said.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (384 Views)
0 Likes