PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Re: [Rumor] Devil May Cry PS3 Collection to be Announced at E3

Oct 18, 2011

Carbonox_Ratchet wrote:

all dem platinums.

Whoa, its Carbo back from the great beyond.

Message 41 of 45 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Oct 18, 2011

SlashZaku wrote:

Carbonox_Ratchet wrote:

all dem platinums.

Didn't even notice who this was till I saw the name in my Discussion feed

They mention 'bonus content' for the Collection so I wonder what they could be adding.  DmC demo?

The only thing I'm aware of so far is fan artwork. Capcom Europe (and possibly US) held an art competition to do with Devil May Cry. The winner gets their artwork in a new Capcom game. Obviously back then we didn't know what the game it would be, though 99.9% assumed it would have something to do with Devil May Cry HD Collection. Now it's been announced, you can expect that.

However, with the promise of much bonus content, it's clear we can expect much more than just fanart. I personally believe that we will see a DmC demo thrown in. 'Making Of' vids for the games wouldn't be farfetched either.

Message 42 of 45 (395 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3375 posts

Oct 19, 2011

I'm both excited about and dreading this release... it's been a looooong time since DMC1 and it would hurt it it feels dated. I hope they do some controller recallibration while they improve the graphics (before ppl jump at my throat: screens and controllers were different back then, there is a need to consider the new input and output technology)

I'm hoping the Virgil version will be included too. I loved that.

Message 43 of 45 (395 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12116 posts

Oct 19, 2011

Fexelea wrote:

I'm both excited about and dreading this release... it's been a looooong time since DMC1 and it would hurt it it feels dated. I hope they do some controller recallibration while they improve the graphics (before ppl jump at my throat: screens and controllers were different back then, there is a need to consider the new input and output technology)

I'm hoping the Virgil version will be included too. I loved that.

If CAPCOM start playing around with anything but the graphics in these video games then there might be a reason for me to dread the release of the Devil May Cry HD Collection. I really wish developers would refrain from playing around with the “feel” of the video games that they plan to re-release (as part of HD collections). Changing the "feel" of a video game can really end up rubbing people (the fans in particular) the wrong way (so to speak). With that being said, the special edition version of Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening will be included in the Devil May Cry HD Collection (you should be able to play as Vergil).

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 44 of 45 (395 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3375 posts

Oct 20, 2011

I don't want them to change the feel of the game, but the average screensize and the modern dualshock are radically different to that which we played with 10 years ago. There needs to be compensation not in the sense of changing the control scheme but rather callibrating it to match the new devices. It's pretty much as doing HD graphics to match the TV you also need to turn that input delay to match modern connectivity.

Message 45 of 45 (395 Views)
0 Likes