Reply
MVP Support
Registered: 12/29/2003
Online
11937 posts
 

Re: [Rumor] Devil May Cry PS3 Collection to be Announced at E3

Jun 17, 2011

JSiggy wrote:

well, kotaku just posted a story that pretty much confirms this HD collection.

wonder if DMC 3 will be the special edition?

~Fighting the Good Fight~

CAPCOM would be foolish not to port and remaster the special edition version of that video game...

Here is the link for the rest of you guys:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/06/devil-may-cry-series-getting-hd-re-releases/

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 10 of 45 (205 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 03/29/2006
Offline
21008 posts
 

Re: [Rumor] Devil May Cry PS3 Collection to be Announced at E3

Jun 17, 2011

SweetPoison13 wrote:

JSiggy wrote:

well, kotaku just posted a story that pretty much confirms this HD collection.

wonder if DMC 3 will be the special edition?

~Fighting the Good Fight~

CAPCOM would be foolish not to port and remaster the special edition version of that video game...

Here is the link for the rest of you guys:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/06/devil-may-cry-series-getting-hd-re-releases/

Cool thanks for sharing it.

Message 11 of 45 (205 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/02/2010
Offline
1881 posts
 

Re: [Rumor] Devil May Cry PS3 Collection to be Announced at E3

Jun 17, 2011

Super_Vegeta1986 wrote:

For sure.

because the hardcore DMC fans want nothing to do with "The abomination," and yet would be tempted to buy the game if that was the only way to get an HD DMC collection.

It'd be a really tough choice because although we don't want to support a sub-par game that is tarnishing the Devil May Cry name, we'd still want to get the HD collection of DMC1 - 3.

There'd just be a flood of used reboots on the market after everyone got what they were after (1 and 3.... )

But seriously, I think this collection will surpass the sales numbers of this... this... IDK what I could even call the reboot anymore... well aside from an unnecessary asinine waste of $60.

Reboot something that doesn't even need it, and leave something completely neglected and worth bringing up to speed (Darkstalkers) completely alone? GG Capcom... GFG.

I thought you learned your lesson after DMC2, it would seem I had too much faith in your abilities to learn from past mistakes.

The hell is with game companies these days.

Message 12 of 45 (205 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/29/2003
Online
11937 posts
 

Re: [Rumor] Devil May Cry PS3 Collection to be Announced at E3

Jun 17, 2011

DevilishBoredom wrote:

Super_Vegeta1986 wrote:

For sure.

because the hardcore DMC fans want nothing to do with "The abomination," and yet would be tempted to buy the game if that was the only way to get an HD DMC collection.

It'd be a really tough choice because although we don't want to support a sub-par game that is tarnishing the Devil May Cry name, we'd still want to get the HD collection of DMC1 - 3.

There'd just be a flood of used reboots on the market after everyone got what they were after (1 and 3.... )

But seriously, I think this collection will surpass the sales numbers of this... this... IDK what I could even call the reboot anymore... well aside from an unnecessary asinine waste of $60.

Reboot something that doesn't even need it, and leave something completely neglected and worth bringing up to speed (Darkstalkers) completely alone? GG Capcom... GFG.

I thought you learned your lesson after DMC2, it would seem I had too much faith in your abilities to learn from past mistakes.

The hell is with game companies these days.

With the Devil May Cry HD Collection hopefully coming out sooner rather than later there is virtually no reason for some of us to even look at the abomination known as DmC: Devil May Cry. I would love to see the Devil May Cry HD Collection this year but I don’t know why CAPCOM haven’t given an official announcement about this.

Are CAPCOM seriously that out of touch with what their supporters really want?

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 13 of 45 (205 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/02/2010
Offline
1881 posts
 

Re: [Rumor] Devil May Cry PS3 Collection to be Announced at E3

Jun 17, 2011

SweetPoison13 wrote:

With the Devil May Cry HD Collection hopefully coming out sooner rather than later there is virtually no reason for some of us to even look at the abomination known as DmC: Devil May Cry. I would love to see the Devil May Cry HD Collection this year but I don’t know why CAPCOM haven’t given an official announcement about this.

Are CAPCOM seriously that out of touch with what their supporters really want?

http://gematsu.com/2011/06/platinum-ready-to-develop-dmc-devil-may-cry

Since its announcement, there has been a bit of controversy surrounding the Ninja Theory-developed DmC Devil May Cry. Fans worry over the new developer, the new look, and new direction the game looks to be taking.

Devil May Cry creator Hideki Kamiya, now of Platinum Games, expressed his dislike of the new Dante in the past. Questioned on Twitter recently, he said his company would take up the job, if Capcom gave it to them.

“Ask Capcom,” he replied to a fan asking Kamiya-san to “come back and fix this problem.”

Asked if Platinum would be on board for developing the game if Capcom offered, he said: “Sure. We’re ready.”

The latest media for DmC Devil May Cry was released during E3.

-------

Cap is just plain out of touch with what Cap wants.  If what they want is an average "reboot" I guess they're heading down the right track.  But if they want a good game in a well established franchise, get back in line and continue with 5 (or at least let Platinum take over and try to salvage what they can of this trainwreck).

If Kamiya is displeased with how his creation is being handled abused, don't you think that should serve as warning flag enough for Capcom to stop and say "Waitaminute... what the fuck were we thinking?"

Sure it's supposed to be "a new take" on what DMC is, but when you have people who've played 1-4 being shown the new trailer and are completely unaware of it's actually being a "DmC" and not just some random run-of-the-mill mindless button-mashing slash-fest, something is wrong. Also am I the only one who is getting the feeling that the "style" will mainly be handled by this lame thing, the industry seems to love so much, known far and wide as the "quick time event"?

But on point, just give me the date on this collection (and perhaps cancel DmC... ) and it'll all be good.

Message 14 of 45 (205 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 03/29/2006
Offline
21008 posts
 

Re: [Rumor] Devil May Cry PS3 Collection to be Announced at E3

Jun 19, 2011

I think that CAPCOM will get the idea, or I hope they would get the idea, when the DMC HD collection sells like hotcakes, and this terrible thing doesn't do well at all.   

Seriously CAPCOM, just give us a proper follow up to DMC4 and be on with it.

Message 15 of 45 (205 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/26/2009
Offline
114 posts
 

Re: [Rumor] Devil May Cry PS3 Collection to be Announced at E3

Jun 20, 2011

That's exactly what I'm expecting to happen. Def more interested in a remastered DMC1 and 3. Though I'm still curious about DmC. But not day one buy curious.

Message 16 of 45 (205 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: [Rumor] Devil May Cry PS3 Collection to be Announced at E3

Jun 20, 2011

I'm surprised that Capcom is going to put this collection on Blu-Ray but is going to put the HD versions of Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica as only a PSN download...

Message 17 of 45 (205 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 03/29/2006
Offline
21008 posts
 

Re: [Rumor] Devil May Cry PS3 Collection to be Announced at E3

Jun 21, 2011

I'm sure that the RE games will come on BD as well, just as i'm sure that the DMC collection will be available on the PSN as well as the BD collection.

All the PS2 collections are both as far as I am aware.

Message 18 of 45 (205 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/29/2003
Online
11937 posts
 

Re: [Rumor] Devil May Cry PS3 Collection to be Announced at E3

Jun 21, 2011

Super_Vegeta1986 wrote:

I'm sure that the RE games will come on BD as well, just as i'm sure that the DMC collection will be available on the PSN as well as the BD collection.

All the PS2 collections are both as far as I am aware.

That Resident Evil HD Collection will never make its way onto my HDD in its entirety so I hope, for CAPCOM’s sake, that it will become available on a Blu-ray disc. I'm so sick and tired of this downloadable nonsense.

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 19 of 45 (205 Views)
Reply
0 Likes