Oct 17 2011
By: SlashZaku PlayStation MVP 41017 posts

[Confirmed] Devil May Cry HD Collection Announced

44 replies 728 views Edited Oct 17, 2011

Grain of salt...:

A high-definition Devil May Cry collection will be announced  for PlayStation 3 at E3, a source has told us. The collection is being  made to commemorate the series’ upcoming 10th anniversary. The first Devil May Cry released on PS2 in October 2001.

Another collection, which the source has asked us to keep mum on,  will be announced, as well. It will be a dark, dirty, and dangerous  collection.

Stay tuned. E3 kicks off next Tuesday.

Gematsu/ScrawlFX

UPDATE (10/17/11):

Confirmed:

Following months of rumor (primarily fueled by us), Capcom has announced a Devil May Cry: HD Collection for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Due in February 2012, the collection brings together the first Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, and Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening Special Edition in a single high-definition package.

Gematsu

"London, UK. - Oct. 17, 2011 - Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced Devil May Cry HD Collection for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system. Devil May Cry™ HD Collection brings the first three original Devil May Cry titles; Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, and Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening Special Edition together in one high definition package for the first time. The collection will be available early 2012 in Europe and North America. "

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 45 (728 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Re: [Rumor] Devil May Cry PS3 Collection to be Announced at E3

Jun 8, 2011

No info on this yet, so far the new info they showed for "DmC" has dissapointed me.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 45 (728 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10660 posts

Jun 8, 2011

Super_Vegeta1986 wrote:

No info on this yet, so far the new info they showed for "DmC" has dissapointed me.

The new information about DmC: Devil May Cry has disappointed you and probably millions of other hack and slash video gamers around the world. With that being said, I wonder why CAPCOM have not announced a Devil May Cry Collection yet. I certainly hope they are not waiting for DmC: Devil May Cry sales figures…

If they have absolutely no plans for a Devil May Cry Collection then that would be horrible…

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 45 (728 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Jun 8, 2011

SweetPoison13 wrote:

Super_Vegeta1986 wrote:

The new information about DmC: Devil May Cry has disappointed you and probably millions of other hack and slash video gamers around the world. With that being said, I wonder why CAPCOM have not announced a Devil May Cry Collection yet. I certainly hope they are not waiting for DmC: Devil May Cry sales figures…

If they have absolutely no plans for a Devil May Cry Collection then that would be horrible…

yeah I still don't understand why CAPCOM was dissatisifed with DMC4 sales, it was the BEST selling DMC game.   all they needed to do was take the baisics from DMC4, and build on it.   DMC4 was a decent step into this gen, but still felt a touch behind DMC3.

If they had built off of the success of DMC4, and expanded it/made it more detailed, a DMC5 would have been awesome.

instead we get this Ninja Theory rubbish.

I really hope that they release a DMC collection. . . I have a feeling they'll do something sneaky like include it DMC, or some such thing forcing the real DMC fans who hate the new garbage into buying the crap game to get the good games.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 45 (728 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Jun 8, 2011

It would be cool if they packed the games in on the disc with the new one. They could probably get away with that. And it would boost sales of the new one I imagine.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 45 (728 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Jun 8, 2011

EvilAbdy wrote:

It would be cool if they packed the games in on the disc with the new one. They could probably get away with that. And it would boost sales of the new one I imagine.

Still I don't want them to do that.   That would just be a cheap tactic to sell the rubbish new game.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 45 (728 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Jun 8, 2011

It would be, but you have to admit from a marketing standpoint it's a great way to move units

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 45 (728 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Jun 8, 2011

For sure.

because the hardcore DMC fans want nothing to do with "The abomination," and yet would be tempted to buy the game if that was the only way to get an HD DMC collection.

It'd be a really tough choice because although we don't want to support a sub-par game that is tarnishing the Devil May Cry name, we'd still want to get the HD collection of DMC1 - 3.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 45 (728 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Jun 8, 2011

Exactly. I'd buy it, and admittedly after the new trailer I'm more curious about it now since it seems like they have a good grasp on the gameplay.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 45 (728 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jun 16, 2011

well, kotaku just posted a story that pretty much confirms this HD collection.

wonder if DMC 3 will be the special edition?

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 45 (728 Views)
0 Likes