Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 26 2011
By: Yeonwonhi Sackboy 593 posts

Capcom still refining Dante's appearance

6 replies 315 views Edited Jul 26, 2011

Well, isn't that a relief? Or our worst nightmare...

Yeah, so, it seems all our bitchin' an' complaining has finally got some attention. They say that they're concentrating with changes to his face ((maybe hair, probably not, whatever)).

In my opinion, while this comes as a slight relief, I'm more concerned with Dante's character and personality than design since NT admitted that they didn't think the previous games were cool.

Oh well. More waiting, I suppose.

Sauce:

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-news-in-national/capcom-still-making-tweaks-towards-dante-s-desig...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
593 posts

Re: Capcome still refining Dante's appearance

Jul 26, 2011

Also, this still doesn't bring back Reuben Langdon...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (315 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11302 posts

Re: Capcom still refining Dante's appearance

Jul 26, 2011

Refining? So that’s what they’re calling this process now?

Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening, and Devil May Cry 4 (to a lesser extent) are three of the “coolest” video games that I have ever played. Heck, even Bayonetta is “cool” in its own way. Ninja Theory’s previous statements about these video games (namely in the “style” department) discourage me from even looking at DmC: Devil May Cry. If they are not trying to capture the style and presentation of previous Devil May Cry video games in DmC: Devil May Cry then there is (unfortunately) little reason for me to pick up this video game. I was originally drawn to the Devil May Cry video games because of their style and presentation (among other things that Ninja Theory and CAPCOM seem to be discarding with their creative visions for this new installment). In my honest opinion, Dante’s “design” in DmC: Devil May Cry is not the only “problem” with this video game. With that being said, I removed this video game from my radar several months ago...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
593 posts

Sep 4, 2011

One thing I noticed that they changed from recent pictures and videos is that they filled Dante out more. He's not as scrawny as he used to be.

Haven't noticed much about his face except it too is affected by his slight buffness so his cheek bones aren't as "pointy".

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (315 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2958 posts

Sep 4, 2011

I just can't get over the comments from Ninja Theory that easily. I loved Heavenly Sword but for all intents and purposes NT is a noob studio. They have yet to create a smashing hit as their games have had mediocre sales. This pretty much makes their rather condescending remarks about an industry icon such as Dante not being cool a "says who? the noob studio who's never made a Dante?" situation.

I hate the hair, I dislike the smoking, I abhore the UK flag and its implication that this game speaks to western rebellious teenagers.

To top it all up, I'm actually convinced that NT cannot produce the polish required for a DMC game to work. The characters and setting have their cool, for sure, the music blasting while you go doing some ridiculous gun combo to then take a moment in your SS ranking to taunt by doing air guitar or whatever is great... but DMC is gameplay at its finest and that's one aspect NT have NO credentials on. If anyone played Castlevania in the hardest difficulty settings... well, I expect similar mistakes which means a no-buy for me.

/rant

Fextralife.com A gaming blog anyone can contribute to!
Wiki.fextralife.com A wiki network created and managed by gamers for gamers
Bloodborne Wiki | Destiny Wiki | Dark Souls II Wiki | Elder Scrolls Online Wiki | Lords of the Fallen Wiki |
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Sep 13, 2011

i doubt capcom will do much of anything. im hoping racoon city RE will ease some of this tension capcom has put on my shoulders

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Sep 20, 2011

Fexelea wrote:

I just can't get over the comments from Ninja Theory that easily. I loved Heavenly Sword but for all intents and purposes NT is a noob studio. They have yet to create a smashing hit as their games have had mediocre sales. This pretty much makes their rather condescending remarks about an industry icon such as Dante not being cool a "says who? the noob studio who's never made a Dante?" situation.

I hate the hair, I dislike the smoking, I abhore the UK flag and its implication that this game speaks to western rebellious teenagers.

To top it all up, I'm actually convinced that NT cannot produce the polish required for a DMC game to work. The characters and setting have their cool, for sure, the music blasting while you go doing some ridiculous gun combo to then take a moment in your SS ranking to taunt by doing air guitar or whatever is great... but DMC is gameplay at its finest and that's one aspect NT have NO credentials on. If anyone played Castlevania in the hardest difficulty settings... well, I expect similar mistakes which means a no-buy for me.

/rant

Oh no, no...please don't end you rant, I love it so much! LOL

Honestly you've said 100% of what I've felt about this hot-mess of game for looong time. Why the hell should I respect the work of some noob publisher that hasn't necessarily proved themselves nothing over mediocre? I'm also not inclined to feel respect for a dev that seems to have problem giving respect to source material and creators of the game they're SUPPOSE to be 'rebooting'. The moment Tateem showed his true colors w/ that 1up interview was the moment I knew I was right to ignore this crap.

They can say their still 'refining' Dante's appearance all they want....but the fact of the matter is that it never should of been changed to begin w/ (nor should any other 'essences' that made the real DMC series what it is). But of course you tell hardheads that (Capcom & NT)....but they WILL find out--the hard way, that is.

R.I.P. to my beloved 40gb ceramic white 2007-2011 (YLOD)

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (315 Views)
0 Likes