Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Re: Capcom: Aiming for 'DmC' to be the Perfect DMC, expects 90+ scores

Mar 31, 2011

Yeah, its really sad to see one of my favorite game series go down this way.   Especially after DMC4 was pretty decent, although not as good as 3 it was a good first step for PS3 imo.

Ah well.

If DMC4 was a good first step this generation "DmC" runs to the corner get in cab and drives several blocks in the opposite direction from "good"

Message 21 of 27 (296 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1046 posts

May 17, 2011

I'm going to at least give this installment a chance. I wasn't a big fan of Ninja Theory's games, but I have a friend who is working with Capcom on the production for ths title, and he is giving me the thumbs up. I am reluctant to take his advice, but I don't consider him to be the kind that would lead me astray. Besides, Devil May Cry 2 was the pinnacle of disappointment. Even with Ninja Theory on board, I can't imagine it will get much worse than that. I'm going to wait it out and see what kind of news gets released for the game in the coming months.

Message 22 of 27 (296 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

May 17, 2011

E3 ism coming up soon.  (Early June I think), maybe we'll see more at E3, hopefully something that is NOT cringe inducing.

Message 23 of 27 (296 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1046 posts

May 17, 2011

Yeah, I'd like to see what they have in store. So far, all we have is the underwhelming teaser from TGS. Hopefully, they'll have something to show at E3 that'll be worth talking about.

Message 24 of 27 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1989 posts

May 24, 2011

Super_Vegeta1986 wrote:

Yeah, its really sad to see one of my favorite game series go down this way.   Especially after DMC4 was pretty decent, although not as good as 3 it was a good first step for PS3 imo.

Ah well.

If DMC4 was a good first step this generation "DmC" runs to the corner get in cab and drives several blocks in the opposite direction from "good"

Well think of it this way. I think it goes well with your earlier ranking of the series.

DMC4 was the first game of this generation, so with the natural progression of things DmC will be total crap (kinda like DMC2 was). Then Capcom will go elsewhere (P* please) and make a masterpiece out of DMC5 with the original storyline. Then all will be right with the world.

Photobucket

If you did something right..... people wont realize you've done anything at all.
Message 25 of 27 (296 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

May 24, 2011

kasumakuma wrote:

Super_Vegeta1986 wrote:

Ah well.

Well think of it this way. I think it goes well with your earlier ranking of the series.

DMC4 was the first game of this generation, so with the natural progression of things DmC will be total crap (kinda like DMC2 was). Then Capcom will go elsewhere (P* please) and make a masterpiece out of DMC5 with the original storyline. Then all will be right with the world.

Photobucket

If you did something right..... people wont realize you've done anything at all.

Maybe, but that means that it will be like 4 or 5 years till a good DMC game if that happens/.   It'd would be nice if they skip the "make a crap game" step.

Message 26 of 27 (296 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41067 posts

May 30, 2011

kasumakuma wrote:

Super_Vegeta1986 wrote:

Ah well.

Photobucket

In a perfect world, if they went to Platinum and asked for them to work on the next DMC after this, I'd love it if Kamiya turned them down and just stuck with Bayonetta but I know Kamiya does miss the character of Dante so he'd probably take them up on it =\  Platinum really should put out another Bayonetta shortly after the new DmC...

Message 27 of 27 (296 Views)
0 Likes