Mar 07 2011
By: SlashZaku PlayStation MVP 41020 posts

Capcom: Aiming for 'DmC' to be the Perfect DMC, expects 90+ scores

26 replies 367 views Edited Mar 7, 2011

Keeps getting better and better...:

Capcom has moved to reassure Devil May Cry fans that the franchise is in good hands with developer Ninja Theory and that together the teams involved aim to make DMC the best in the series so far.

The cause for concern over the upcoming Devil May Cry game, titled DMC, is a redesign of protagonist Dante, who appears younger and a tad grungier in what will be the fifth in the series.

It was a move by Ninja Theory, which caused something of a backlash, but a Capcom staff member known on the official forums as 'onlyonet' has told followers not to worry:

"Capcom are heavily involved in the development of all its IP being worked upon by outside parties."

"The exact same concerns were raised over Dead Rising 2 being made by Blue Castle games, which were totally ill founded, on what was an excellent game that 'got' everything that made the first game so amazing."

" are renowned for the quality of their production everything from motion capture, scripting, design and performance, areas perhaps areas that Capcom have been criticised over the past few years?"

"Capcom bring to the table years of experience with design of fighting systems, characters and the little things that make DMC, well DMC."

"Combine all the best elements of Capcom and Ninja Theory you will have one of the greatest DMC titles ever created... and that people is what we're working towards."

"But we haven't handed over the family silver to some strangers we are working with Ninja Theory on this together. We believe that by going down this route we can breathe new life into the franchise and make a game that sits above DMC3 for this generation."

Talking about Devil May Cry games of the past, onlyonet said, "Lets be honest they were great games (averageing in the low 80's on metacritic) but not perfect. We're now aiming to make the perfect DMC game that gets 90's"

SOURCE

"Breathe new life into the franchise"?  You didn't finish the previous run :smileyindifferent:  And if you were putting everything behind this title, why not allow the use of the MT Engine instead of UE3?

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Re: Capcom: Aiming for 'DmC' to be the Perfect DMC, expects 90+ scores

Mar 8, 2011

I saw this! but it would be nice to see some actual gameplay to back up those claims. Here is hoping at E3 2011 maybe

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2413 posts

Mar 9, 2011

idk, it just really sucks that they aren't using the Dmc 4 engine.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Mar 10, 2011

I honestly dont care what engine they use as long as they get it right in every aspect. Looks like DmC isn't going anywhere and we'll just have to hold our breath and hope that Capcom isn't lying to us. Since NT is incharge for the design, and are good at telling stories, Im guessing they'll actually find a legit reason why his hair is black that will make us all say "wow...that actually makes sense".

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (367 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Mar 11, 2011

INSTA FAIL!

I literally burst out laughing when they tried to put "Perfect DMC" and "Ninja theory" in the same sentence.

*sigh*

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  RIP DMC.   At least Dante got one last "Hurrah" in Marvel vs. CAPCOM 3

The only thing that this rubbish concept of a game will be PERFECT for is that the game disc will be perfect as a coaster to place my drinks on so my desk doesn't get damaged.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Mar 11, 2011

hopefully the new DMC will be good.#1 was OK(TO ME),#2 SUKED(TO ME),DIDNT PLAY #3,#4 was the best to me,pretty good.There is still time for DMC to pull something off to bring glory to DMC...but only time will tell

Get your Portable ID!Made You Read This...MIND FREAK! IM NOT ALWAYS A RACIST BUT WHEN I AM IT'S ON XBOX LIVE. Raptor Jesus....He went Extinct for our sins http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/Aragon101/RaptorJesus-vs-FSM2.jpg?t=1259971737 http://lee.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/raptor-jesus.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (367 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Mar 11, 2011

shadowhood1111 wrote:

hopefully the new DMC will be good.#1 was OK(TO ME),#2 SUKED(TO ME),DIDNT PLAY #3,#4 was the best to me,pretty good.There is still time for DMC to pull something off to bring glory to DMC...but only time will tell

Didn't play 3?  dang, that was definately the pinacle of the series, although 4 was a decent first forray into the newest generation of console gaming.

IMO They rank

1) DMC3

2) (TIE) DMC1/DMC4

3) DMC2

If the trailers are any indication of "DmC" then I easily expect "DmC" to make DMC2 look like a masterpiece.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (367 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Mar 11, 2011

I really do hate when developers/publishers start spouting off about Metacritic scores.  Focus on making a good game in general instead of trying to appease reviewers.  And Capcom must have some lines crossed or Ninja Theory has some amazing pitch people (going from Sony, to Namco Bandai who wanted Enslaved to be the future of their company but sold less than 500k after NT wanted to go MP to reap more sales and HS sold 1.5m).  Ninja Theory's last 2 games, Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, are sitting at 79 & 80/82 on Metacritic, yet Capcom wants a 90+ game out of them?  Looking at the same site, DMC1 stands at 94, DMC3 at 87/84 and DMC4 at 84.  DMC2 is the only falter at 68 but they obviously got back to the good stuff with DMC3 and DMC4.

It's weird.  I know some people have said Bayonetta is nice blueprint/direction where they expected the next title to go but then Capcom throws this out there.  I wonder when SEGA will go ahead and announce a Bayonetta 2 (since Kamiya said he wants to get back to the series as well) and further push that notion.  Probably more so if DmC really doesn't pan out with fans.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Mar 11, 2011

One of the reasons that companies look to game ratings is because of the sales. Back in the day if the game didn't sell it would still make some money on rentals. The old Rent It or Own It slogan. People don't rent games anymore(at least people that i know).

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (367 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

Mar 11, 2011

Many companies are doing this now. This gen actually looks at the reviews before buying anything. Just liek what happened with DCUO EVERYONE and I mean everyone I know that has bought it loves it to death. But others wont even try it because it got a few bad reviews from reviewers that didnt even play the game or played it enough to actually obtain a role.

I'm no troll, I just dont like you.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (367 Views)
0 Likes