Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 28 2012
By: Mylo_Cordana Wastelander 805 posts

Question concerning te Pacifist trophy.

2 replies 547 views Edited May 28, 2012

I recently completed a playthrough in which I attempted to earn the Pacifist trophy.  I failed to received it at the end.  I know it's possible for an enemy I've knocked unconscious to die by a grenade or something of that nature.

My concern is that I may have failed to secure the trophy due to the game's introduction level.  During the initial attack on Sariff Industries, before Adam becomes the Million Dollar Man and the title screen appears, you run through the mercenary-filled Sariff labs with not but an assault rifle.  With no way to take them out non-lethal-like, and seemingly no way to sneak past them, I assumed this bit did not count toward the trophy.

Does it?  Do I have to get past the first mercs without killings them to get the Pacifist trophy?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 3 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2531 posts

Re: Question concerning te Pacifist trophy.

May 31, 2012

I'm still trying for that one but it's my understanding that the only people you can kill are the bosses.

you can sneak by the baddies in the beginning if you hide back under the stairs and when they sweep near the door where you came in,  run up the stairs. in the next enemy section, sneak by them on the left and out the doors. in the last enemy section, jump over the railing and hide on the left, then make a break for the room where you get beat up.

Message 2 of 3 (547 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11172 posts

Re: Question concerning te Pacifist trophy.

May 31, 2012

Right. The bosses are the only people you're permitted to kill if you're venturing for the trophy. There does come a point in the game where you can complete a mission in killing someone out of necessity and then reloading your last save before that point (so as to get that out of the way).

In the beginning, you're actually given the option whether you're going to play the game as a stealth type or a guns-blazing killer. Between a tranquilizer gun and the assault rifle you picked, that was ultimately the choice made that made you who you became throughout the game's entirety.

Message 3 of 3 (547 Views)
0 Likes