Jun 05 2012
By: LighterMatch99 Splicer 83 posts

Just got this game the other day...

7 replies 538 views Edited Jun 5, 2012

I haven't gotten too far into it, but my starting class is a Temple Knight. I eventually want my character at some point to wield a bow and arrow as well as a

melee weapon (probably a sword). Right now though, I want to get rid of some of the bulk I have so that I'm not so slow at dodge rolling. What equipments do you all recommend?

Message 1 of 8 (538 Views)
Wastelander
778 posts

Re: Just got this game the other day...

Jun 5, 2012

The only advice I can give, is that in my experience, gear matters very little in DS. Avoid being hit, thats the key to success.

If you roll a female character, get the Executions gear (world 1-1). Its the best light gear in the game. IMO.
For a sword, if you have a high intel/magic build, get the Cresent Falcion in 4-1, it scales damage with the previously mentioned stats.

For heavier (male) armour, the KIng in the Chapel (forget his name) in 1-1 has some good stuff.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 2 of 8 (539 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1538 posts

Jun 5, 2012

Brozz is right the less gear the better because it has very little effect. I usually play a mage and just wear the starting gear for royalty. What you really want to focus on is a good shield and weapons. The shield is your armor in this game. Personally, I recommend the Purple Flame Shield. I use that all the time and it can be found very early in the game. Two other good ones are the Dark Silver Shield and the Adjudicator's Shield.

All characters can weild a bow so it does not matter what your class is for that. Just remeber your bow distance is tied to your DEX stat.

If you don't have any other armor or clothes to wear the just go with nothing (honestly).

Message 3 of 8 (539 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3110 posts

Jun 5, 2012

Demon's Souls allows to change any class into anything you wish. You may not be able to have optimization and very competitive PvP transforming a templar into an archer, but you can do it and have fun

I recommend that you read this post with a lot of advise for new players. You can then follow on the threads linked here for more specific information.

Message 4 of 8 (539 Views)
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Jun 7, 2012

ya gear doesn't matter as much as not getting hit (i.e. being able to roll)

there are a few games that i'll never get rid of and this is one of them.  Haven't played it in a year or so but it doesn't matter, i'm never getting rid of it

Message 5 of 8 (538 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 16, 2012

good luck man

Message 6 of 8 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

Jun 20, 2012

i havent played DeS in a long time but i still remember that my best online gaming experience was a result of this game. This is truly a gem and i must congratulate you in your purchase. As for the light armor well, i remeber that the silver shield is probably the best shield in the game and you should always equip it. Also, i remeber wearing heavy armor with some quite heavy weapons while able to fast roll but this requires a lot of experience and honestly its not that noticible of an advantage vs other light builds, it does help a bit. I recomend you acquaint yourself with players that still pvp in world 4-1. Good Luck with the game; be patient and smart.

I have actually been a member since mid 2006.
Spread the word folks...Demons Souls and Dark Souls cant be missed by anyone!
Message 7 of 8 (539 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Aug 24, 2012

A light sword, with lot's of repair's. Your choice on the shield.

Message 8 of 8 (519 Views)
0 Likes