Aug 22 2012
By: ncsutton Lombax Warrior 127 posts

How to "level"?

5 replies 486 views Edited Aug 22, 2012

Just beat the first level of Boletaria (the Castle) and was wondering how I get stronger and stuff so I can use more powerful shields and swords? 

NP - Destiny, Shadow of Mordor, FIFA 15, NHL 15, Injustice Gods Among us

Get your Portable ID!
Message 1 of 6 (486 Views)
Wastelander
778 posts

Re: How to "level"?

Aug 23, 2012

Grind baby grind. Collect the souls and "level".

After defeating the fist Boss (in world 1-1) go back to the Nexus and talk to the Maiden in Black. She will explain it all to you

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 2 of 6 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Aug 23, 2012

Thanks I figured out that it had to beat the first level.  Another question does the world scale to your soul level? I was wondering if it was a good idea to get more souls and levels from the early levels in order to make later levels easier. 

Get your Portable ID!
Message 3 of 6 (478 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Aug 24, 2012

I would aim, for the second stage. There it's pretty tough, although you may have greater chance of gaining stones to better your first weapon's.

Message 4 of 6 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
778 posts

Aug 24, 2012

ncsutton wrote:

Thanks I figured out that it had to beat the first level.  Another question does the world scale to your soul level? I was wondering if it was a good idea to get more souls and levels from the early levels in order to make later levels easier. 

The game doesnt scale in the sense of something like Elder Scrolls or Fallout, and you will encounter varying enemy strengths thoughout the entire game.
Im not good at explaining things, so I'll use an example, without using spoilers.

In 1-1, you encounter those zombie type emenies. Theyre dumb, slow and easy to kill, but in the same area, you will also encounter blue eyed knights, a bit tougher and smarter.
Then, right around the corner, you'll find a red eye knight, a serious problem if you're unprepared.

I guess what Im trying to say is that you'll never "outlevel" your enemies. Though lesser ones will get easier as you get stronger, and as mentioned, theres no "level" per say, as you travel through the different worlds.
There are varying enemies throughout the game.

So dont worry about "grinding" your levels. Just play the game, and if you cant get past an area, then grind a bit for some stats (or just use the souls glitch, if you dont mind cutting corners) and try again

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 5 of 6 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Aug 24, 2012

Ok thanks that does answer my question. I was having a few problems and considering going back to 1-1, but I didn't wanna have the game scale to me and grinding for stats not really doing anything. 

And your answer answered my question exactly, even if i didn't ask it correctly lol, thanks

Get your Portable ID!
Message 6 of 6 (471 Views)
0 Likes