PlayStation MVP
2923 posts

Re: How to cope with ruthlessness of the game?

Aug 6, 2011

cool_Pinoy2343 wrote:

so you platinumed the japanese version right away? do you read/speak japanese?

Yes and yes.

I also have been here helping people get through the first shock of the game's difficulty since before the game launched in NA/EU, and I cannot disagree more with your assertion that the OP is crying. He obviously was frustrated but pushed through and is now making progress, which is what our community has been all about.

All players get that sudden realization that this game wasn't gonna cut us any slack, and we react differently. OP chose to post here and we encouraged him on and he went back to the game with the new ideas. How is that bad?

Fextralife.com A gaming blog anyone can contribute to!
Wiki.fextralife.com A wiki network created and managed by gamers for gamers
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 122 (22 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Aug 6, 2011

Really?   Whats your Japanese level?   I've been studying for just over a year now since I came to Japan, I can read Hiragana and Katakana, but I'm still mostly lost with kanji aside from some of the baisic stuff, and the kanji I see/use every day for travel or whatever.

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 122 (22 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2923 posts

Aug 6, 2011

正真正銘の日本人

勉強頑張ってね

Forum's prob gonna mess that up

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 122 (22 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
21008 posts

Aug 6, 2011

Fexelea wrote:

正真正銘の日本人

勉強頑張ってね

Forum's prob gonna mess that up

OK I can't read most of that other than the "no Nihonjin" at the end of the first line and the "tene" at the end of the second.   (I only started studying since I got here so most of my knowledge is still pretty baisic.

Gonna use translate to see what the rest says.

Cool thanks, it says good luck with your studies.

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 122 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
426 posts

Aug 6, 2011

im on the same level of Japanese as you, can kind of speak and can read hiragana and katakana but Kanji is alien to me. im still living in LA so not a lot of practice. fixin to study abroad in Japan though!

0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
426 posts

Aug 6, 2011

Fexelea wrote:

cool_Pinoy2343 wrote:

so you platinumed the japanese version right away? do you read/speak japanese?

Yes and yes.

I also have been here helping people get through the first shock of the game's difficulty since before the game launched in NA/EU, and I cannot disagree more with your assertion that the OP is crying. He obviously was frustrated but pushed through and is now making progress, which is what our community has been all about.

All players get that sudden realization that this game wasn't gonna cut us any slack, and we react differently. OP chose to post here and we encouraged him on and he went back to the game with the new ideas. How is that bad?

i see that and am now realizing that. but to me i feel that asking for help while crying about the difficulty is showing weakness. i dont like that. im not saying everybody should see it that way and i dont want to impose my view on anybody but i do see it as bad. im thankful that he's slowly pushing forward.

i guess im just a little irked that he's ACTUALLY getting help from a great community. coz when i was starting i didnt ask for any help, never got any help, and went through it alone. i dont know if that hardened me or if it made me intolerant of weakness to the point of being an elitist.

thoughts?

0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2923 posts

Aug 7, 2011

It was your choice to not ask for help, and it may have been more rewarding to you to follow that path (I also got no help there were no walkthroughs or guides back then and I enjoyed that a lot in retrospective). However If you had asked for help, you would have gotten it since everyone here loves this game and wishes for people to discover it and learn to love it. That's why we were joking about making a new addict every other week. People come to the boards with the "This is impossible arrrgghhh" and with some help they grow to love the game after the initial wall is down and they realize that it's achievable with effort.

I understand that if you overcome something on your own you get the feeling that anyone should... but we aren't all the same and some people are more skilled or tenacious than others. In the end, Demon's Souls is a fantastic game that deserves every fan it can get, even if it takes a few community pushes to get some people on board.

And btw, if you have legit platty, join the cookie club!

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 122 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Aug 7, 2011

hi folks,

I've managed to beat 3-1 boss, some levitating doll pupeteer but I have a problem. She died behind the altar and as far as I noticed there was no bluish sword protruding from the place where she died, like in other bosses.

Also, I wasn't even able to collect her soul since when I approached the altar to go behind it and collect, some gargoyles raised me way up the tower of some sorts.

So, can I be sure that if I jump back below I will survive the fall? And collect her soul... I was so looking forward to it so that I can upgrade my spell since I rescured Sage Dreke as well.

Pls help, can I somehow get back down either jumping and staying alive or via some other means?

Would not like to loose the 13000 souls collected since that is 1 lvl up.

What should I do, and how the hell will I get back to this platform even If I jump? Gargoyles are a regular lift or?

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 122 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Aug 7, 2011

Oh, sorry for the post. Seems I have to go up the stairs.

Thats DS for me... just the thought of being clumsy and killing her while behind the altar and being unable to collect her soul made me edgy.

Luckily, DS did not punish this. doll soul awaited at the top of the stairs.

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 122 (22 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Aug 7, 2011

unfo i must repeat myself... freakin unbelieveably tough... it doesnt get any easier for me and ive cleared 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 3-1...

unvelieveable...

i tried 5-1, died like 10 times, misstep, encounter with some biig skellie... misstep, down i go... souls lost

tried 4-2, dont have enough arrows or spells to kill all the black phantomy ghosts... got killed 4 times... got kicked below into the "grave", said hello to Saint Urbain, killed red phantom for what? just to die again... since the shield guy kicked me in and doesnt do twat with the mons i attacked him... unfo he impaled me inspite of 100resistance/break res shield...

also, i wasnt able to reach some item when i was in a grave with saint... it was on the top of the pillar and i coud not reach it...

everywhere i go i die

everything i try i lose souls...

how on earth did you find this rewarding and "it will get easier"... it does not, a single bit... atm im soul lvl 40... and seems it will stay so for a long time to come...

the only way, it seems, is to see the game first on youtube which in itself is disappointing imho... every single step must i study before actually making it... sad sad sad...

how would you go forward? which world? i have 0 souls, damaged items, cannot seem to farm enough of the bloody hardstone to raise composite short bow from +1 to +2... nothing

if all i must do in this forsaken game is to grind grind grind and kill the same 4 skellies over and over and over again... it is pathetic and of no use... yes, I did run through 1-1 but for what? 2000 souls and 20 crescent grass? what good did it do? no hardstone, not enough to even buy one spell, all seen, all went through already...

no, seems im not cut out for a game like this...

youtube youtube youtube... if there ever will be a next DS, they should not bother... they should make a video and post it somehwere for all other of us to watch and admire nice atmosphere and grafic and to see how someone else managed to step perfectly, kill without flaw....

THE most frustrating piece of entertainment ever...

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 122 (22 Views)
0 Likes