Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 18 2010
By: ROCK_ZILLA Hekseville Citizen 374 posts

How many stones does it take to get to pure black?

8 replies 46 views Edited Jul 18, 2010

How many stones does it take to get to pure black? I'm mostly curious, but I'm also wondering because I wrecked my world 1 tendency to black in order to face some people liek executioner miralda, but she's not there. I'm almost positive I've never killed her, and on the tendency chart the world 1 stone is totally dark. I picked up the brushwood set already though is that why she's not there?

Message 1 of 9 (46 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3015 posts

Re: How many stones does it take to get to pure black?

Jul 18, 2010
It depends on how white your tendency was to start with but normally 7 should be enough.
On Miralda, picking up the brushwood set should not make her go away... but we all know this game glitches tendency events, scicivir wouldn't appear for me in pure white in my first playthrough.
Message 2 of 9 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jul 18, 2010

I used one mroe stone and she appeared so thanks! Now can you answer, how many innocent npcs til my CT is black? im trying to do the mephistopheles quest. any suggestions on how to get black quick?

Message 3 of 9 (44 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3015 posts

Jul 18, 2010
Getting Pure Black Character Tendency is very easy. Go to every world and kill the unimportant people and you should be there or very near. Do not be in body form because if a Black Phantom invades you and you defeat him you will go towards white, same goes for npc bps... conversely if you invade other people you will strengthen your evilness.
Message 4 of 9 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jul 18, 2010

How common is to go to PBWT in the first play? Considering that those stones aren't easy to come by and it takes 5 or so body deaths to shift to PBWT (if you're neutral)?

I've read some farm guides, but all of them seem rather hard (farming those giants in PBWT should hurt).

@azuvidexus
Message 5 of 9 (44 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3015 posts

Jul 18, 2010
Getting Stones of Ephemeral Eyes is very easy. Once you defeat 5-3, you just need to go to the swamp and kill the babies (that sounds great doesn't it...) and they drop ephemeral stones only, so you can get about 10 in 15 minutes.
Message 6 of 9 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jul 18, 2010

I also read that one (watched a video of a guy doing it), but it seems it's very important to be in (1) PBWT to increase the drop rate and (2) Fire Spray (?)

Tried before killing 5-3, but I was doing it with Flame Toss and it was taking a while to kill the guys, eventually I got sort of tired and killed the boss 

@azuvidexus
Message 7 of 9 (44 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3015 posts

Jul 18, 2010
You can still farm them after you defeat Astraea, and the world tendency isn't really important, you will get the drops anyway.
It can take a while to kill them at lower levels... but then if you want PBWT you gotta work for it.
Message 8 of 9 (44 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jul 18, 2010

Yeah, earlier today I tried with Fire Spray and it was a lot faster than using any other spell, killed most of them (not all, there were some in a corner below the other bridge, but I died trying to get to a safe place (while getting swarmed).

Most of the times I could get 1 to drop per run, then reset and try again

@azuvidexus
Message 9 of 9 (44 Views)
0 Likes