Aug 23 2011
By: RiquezJP Wastelander 812 posts
Accepted Solution

How do I get Black World Tendency?

7 replies 881 views Edited Aug 23, 2011

I have completed everything in the game except 1-4 (Fight False King), before I kill him I want to go back & collect some things I missed, namely the primeval demons.

After checking the wiki, I realise I actually only encountered 1 so far, the big fat guy with little wings on Shrine of Storms. (skeleton castle)

As I understand it I need to get Black world tendency & to do this I have to die in body form several times, up to 7.

OK, so I did that. I went to 1-3, regained my body, died fighting some guys. 7 times over but the tendency still shows neutral.

I thought perhaps I should not pick up my soul, so I tried dying over & over without regaining soul or body, but that does nothing either.

What am I doing wrong?

(oh, PS. I am NOT playing online.)

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (881 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
816 posts

Re: How do I get Black World Tendency?

Aug 23, 2011

Ok check, you are playing offline for this good.

You are right on the number of times you potentially need to die on the level,

And finally, after each death, you must return to the Nexus for the tendency to register. Revive and then return, rinse and repeat till you have PBWT.  Have you been doing that?

And finally, the guy you describe in shrine of storms sounds more like the mini boss adjudicator.  The primevil demon there is located in 4-2 up the path from the secret passage black skellie.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (877 Views)
Wastelander
812 posts

Aug 23, 2011

Yes, It does help, thanks.

I wasnt returning to the nexus to check the tendency, when I did it was indeed black.

The primeval demon I found & killed. I had assumed the mini-boss adjudicator was a "primeval" but I was wrong. This is in fact the first time I came across the primeval blob thing.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (877 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Aug 23, 2011

I didn't go back to the Nexus after each death.  What I would do is load up on Ephemeral Eye stones, jump off a cliff in the world I wanted to shift, then revive and do it again.  I think it takes seven deaths to go from pure white to pure black.  After around 6 deaths i went to the nexus to check, and was usually black or close to it.  Although by checking often at the nexus, you could avoid wasting too many stones reviving.

If I remember correctly, once it appears, the primeval demon stays in the world where it has appeared even after the world shifts.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (877 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
816 posts

Aug 23, 2011

Glad you got it now.  Hopefully the primevil dropped a colorless demon soul for you.  I'll never forgot how I dissappointed I was the first time one didn't drop!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (878 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Aug 24, 2012
Hay good feedback, if you play at all (smurfgotya) is online ID. We could team play, if you have time.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (875 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
662 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2012

d15-149 wrote:

Glad you got it now.  Hopefully the primevil dropped a colorless demon soul for you.  I'll never forgot how I dissappointed I was the first time one didn't drop!

******* SPOILER ALERT *******

Drag / highlight to read

Colorless Demon Soul is also found (on a wooden beam) in the tower with Executioner Miralda (world 1-1 with Pure White Tendency to open access gate) Its after the closed gate on the left side when you enter 1-1 through the Nexus

Just a little FYI, in case anyone was interested.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (870 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nov 22, 2012
In order to achieve a black world tendency you must die several times while in Human Form in the area you want black.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (696 Views)
0 Likes