Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 03 2011
By: KOOKMON I Only Post Everything 1015 posts

Demon Souls vs Dark Souls

19 replies 5687 views Edited Oct 3, 2011

Is this just Demon souls part 2?

Or are there some major changes?

Thnx, could'nt find much that compared the two.

kookmon

KOOKMON Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (5,687 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Re: Demon Souls vs Dark Souls

Oct 3, 2011

Think i found most of my answers: http://community.us.playstation.com/message/36332851#36332851

Except......

Is co-op different now?

Can you invite or still random?

kookmon

KOOKMON Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (5,645 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
6730 posts

Oct 4, 2011

**fyi**

moved from Role Playing to Demon's Souls

any input for him guys??

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (5,645 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

Oct 11, 2011

heres input

DONT BUY IT!

The coop is so messed up its not worth it. technically the solo game is just like playing through the first. Its NOT worth 60$

I have been fighting to return my copy because they did not release coop info until after release then i realized it was all changed from demon souls. Had they said coop was near IMPOSSIBLE to do i would have saved my money or bought used. BUY USED GAMES!!!!! This is what happened when i really wanted to support a developer they screwed me out of 60$. NEVER AGAIN!!!! Used all the way for me from here on in

"His name was Robert Pulsan"

READ MA BLOG YO "http://tevilblog.blogspot.com/"

If i ask questions that means i already googled it and got no where.

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is slaying a ratholos over and over again and expecting different rewards".

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (5,645 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Oct 19, 2011

They basically took Demon's Souls remodeled it, added a few things, & called it Dark Souls. But the biggest defiance was an extremely bad mistake in the multiplayer network design of Dark Souls.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (5,646 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2508 posts

Oct 20, 2011

Ignoring Nick who turned out to be a major whiner in the Dark Souls boards, if you enjoyed Demon's Souls; you will very much enjoy Dark Souls.  Same engine as Demon's, completely open-world based, the overworld is huge, the enemy variation is magnificent.  It's basically Demon's Souls tweaked to the maximum.  The game is mucher harder then Demon's in my experiences.  Bosses and enemies all have new patterns and weaknesses.  Also the covenant system is quite interesting, some of these covenants allow you to invade other players which turn out to join the covenant who are enemeis to yours.  You'll keep invading them until they are defeated usually.

There are a few problems with the online portion of the game though, they use a P2P system compared to Demon's dedicated servers. Some people(Like Nick) cannot connect to anybody due to the new system.  Also Nick believed you could play with your friends better in this game for some reason..when it's the exact same as Demon's.  Meaning the atmosphere is suppose to make you feel lonely, hence no invite friend option so no directly inviting your friends.  Now there is a problem here, it was easier to connect to your friends in Demon's due to the server they used.  I'll give Nick that benefit, but you can still do it in Dark; just takes more time and a better inetrnet connection mister!  I can invade other players and summon pretty much everywhere I go; invaded over ten people yesterday as to which they all killed me lol

Also, there seems to be a problem dealing with balancing in PvP.  Some skills are quite OPed in these sessions.  Ring of Fog(Makes you untargettable and nearly 100% invisible)and Tranquil Walk of Peace(AoE slowing you down tremoundously while the host remains unaffected) not to mention you can come up against very high levels will lightning/fire weapons dealing 600+ damage and mages who use multi-soul arrow to deal over 1k.

With all these problems, there is indeed a patch coming in a few days or weeks which seems to address some of these. 

Official Dark Souls Blog; http://form.fromsoftware.jp/darksouls/blog/

Official Dark Souls Dev Twitter Account; http://twitter.com/#!/senden_ogu

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (5,646 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Nov 8, 2011

Dark Souls is a fantastic game...every bit as good as Demon's Souls, but with more variety in terms of...well, everything.  Environments, enemies, weapons, armor, bosses, you name it.  Although we had all been spoiled with the way we were able to summon friends in Demon's Souls, this is not the case in Dark.  It's probably a more pure version of what the original game was intended to be.  Like Jerry said, it gives you that feeling of dread and isolation, broken only by the appearance of a random stranger to help you.  Summoning itself works extremely well on PS3 (the same cannot be said for Xbox, which has a lot of problems ranging from too few people playing, to frequent "failed" summoning).  All in all, if you're even a moderate fan of Demon's Souls, I can guarantee that you'll love this new one.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (5,645 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Nov 8, 2011

The game has a lot of similarities with Demon's Souls but feels fresh and new at the same time. In some ways it is harder but the level design is very good and well worth exploring. I'm just now entering Blighttown and so far I think Demon's Souls has a better story but that shouldn't stop you from playing this game.

It's not one of those games you can just pick up and play though. You get as much as you put in so be prepared to sink a couple hours every time you start the game, but don't give up and persevere!! ^.^

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (5,645 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2961 posts

Nov 10, 2011

This is not nostalgia since I still play Demon's regularly:

Demons > Dark

Why?

1. Bonfires = they made the game easier. You no longer die next to a boss and think nooooooo I gotta kill all those octopus guys again! You now think: meh, quick run from shortcut.

2. Namco = Pretty much everything I don't like about Dark (ie. the lack of servers) can be tracked back to the publisher.

Fextralife.com A gaming blog anyone can contribute to!
Wiki.fextralife.com A wiki network created and managed by gamers for gamers
Bloodborne Wiki | Destiny Wiki | Dark Souls II Wiki | Elder Scrolls Online Wiki | Lords of the Fallen Wiki |
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (5,645 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

Nov 10, 2011

Now I know having platinumed Demon's Souls..  it wouldn't be as hard to beat Dark Souls as the regular guy trying that style of game out..   but it was really easy compared to Demon's Souls...    I mean come on...  I made a guy..  and 2 days later I'm in ng++..   The bonfires are one of the reasons that it is easier..  and there are a bunch of short cuts..   and..  the bosses seem way to easy..  my 1st paly thru I beat the game at around level 40..     And the pvp has already gotten pretty boreing considering 99% of the people out there are using Ring of Fog and Tranquil walk of peace.  Its funny how on my last demon souls post I was complaining about fighting without targeting..  and I'm told to adapt to it..  and now that it is the way... everyone bitches about people using the ring of fog...   it is cheap..  it makes it hard for a mage to do damage with out being able to have a target to shoot spells at..    and I have no choice but to use these cheap tactics..  because almost everytime I get invaded those cheap tactics get used on me...   and some of these spells are ridiculous..   a guy used iron flesh with heavy armor and stood there while I hit him with a +10 divine sword with at least 30 faith and around lev 35-40..  I did zero damage..  so..  the pvp at this point seems very dark..  shady..  unbalanced..  and unfair..   just my opinion...   a good game..  but it has a few things that need working out...   and trouble playing co-op??   never..  I always see all kinds of summon signs and have no problems finding people.. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (5,645 Views)
0 Likes