Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1095 posts

Re: Community Build Optimizer (For New comers and vets alike)

Aug 27, 2010

MarsBarsPie wrote:

Decided to use the Faith one

Well I am SL 16 now. I only increased my Vit, End and Faith. When should I increase my Intel to 15 and strength to 14/18/20? Could it wait? Or the earlier the better?

Also, I'm using the Winged Spear now instead of the Halberd, its pretty good too as I can block and dish out damage at the same time. Should I be upgrading my weapons now perhaps to a Scraping Spear (I got Lead demon's soul) ? Or should I get a Unique weapon and save those hardstones before upgrading it? I have a fair bit of these stones now in my deposit box.

Thank you guys for answering all my questions :smileyhappy:

Oh and I died thrice to Tower Knight. Damn.

At your current sl, keep putting points into VIT and END, while sprinkling in your STR occasionaly.  You can start putting points into INT, once you feel like you want to start using miracles.  For now, if you're not doing much casting and are doing mostly melee stick with VIT and END.  
Forget about the scraper for now.  It's fairly useless except for the trophy and nuisance pvp.  Save those hardstones for later.  You are eventually going to be making Blessed weaponry to take advantage of your Faith stat and you will have to do basic Hardstone upgrades first before you are allowed to convert the weapon to Blessed.  The better stash of hardstones you have in your stockpile, the more options you will have much later on when you have a better idea of what you want to do with them.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 132 (375 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Aug 27, 2010
Thank you for your help

Right now at 1 - 2 I am finding a bit of trouble with archers and tower knigh. Also the F***ing dragon who fried me twice. Should I buy arrows and shoot it down? I have a compound short bow now but very little arrows.
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 132 (375 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1095 posts

Aug 27, 2010
The dragon can be killed, but it's time consuming. Try and follow his patterns. Best thing is make sure you are light. Test: Try rolling. If you hit the ground like you're full of bricks you're overequipped. Take off some armor so when you roll you do so lightly.

Once you are light enough, the key is to bait the dragon to swoop over and begin sprinting as soon as he flies over the bridge. Basically you follow him tight.

Tower Knight was tough for me initially because I didn't use magic. What I did, was as soon as I went in I split left or right up the stairs and took out the archers one by one on each side. When it was just me and the Tower Knight, I hung back and dodged his attacks. After he does the shield bash into the ground, I would run a circle to get behind him. I'd attack his ankles once or twice and peaced out. Don't get too greedy or he'll make you pay. Rinse and repeat. Eventually the ankle attacks will make him fall down. Stear clear of his body when he falls, then run up and attack his head. Rinse and repeat. It's tough for sure, but if you stay with it and watch your stamina so you can roll and sprint when you need to then it can be done.
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 132 (375 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2950 posts

Aug 27, 2010
I wouldn't bother killing the red dragon, unless you summon a couple of blues to help... it takes forever... forever!
For Tower Knight, I prefer the coward way: snipe at him with magic/arrows/bolts from any of the points where the archers were (after you kill them). The boss will only do one slow and predictable attack which you dodge easily and then attack him. It's very safe. Alternatively, summon some blues to do some field work whilst you are up there to speed things up.

Fextralife.com A gaming blog anyone can contribute to!
Wiki.fextralife.com A wiki network created and managed by gamers for gamers
Bloodborne Wiki | Destiny Wiki | Dark Souls II Wiki | Elder Scrolls Online Wiki | Lords of the Fallen Wiki |
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 132 (375 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Aug 27, 2010

Awesome stuff guys. Thank you so much for your help. I'm not about to give up yet! :smileyhappy: 

Also for now I should increase my End and Vit but since I'm a Faith build should i increase it together with those stats or wait till I max my Vit and End before I up Faith? 

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 132 (375 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2950 posts

Aug 27, 2010
By "max out" you mean according to the build or lvl 99? If lvl 99, not good idea, if according to the build, I would guess that you will find yourself doing very little damage if you don't keep your faith somewhere close to your other stats. I personally like to be able to kill all enemies in 2-3 hits max so anytime an opponent can take more than 2 I level up whatever boosts my attack. Also look into making a Meat Cleaver...

Bloodborne Wiki | Destiny Wiki | Dark Souls II Wiki | Elder Scrolls Online Wiki | Lords of the Fallen Wiki |
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 132 (375 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Thank you

Aug 27, 2010

Thank you for your help guys! Will be sure to update on the Tower Knight Battle! 

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 132 (375 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2950 posts

Re: Thank you

Aug 27, 2010
Thank you for making me crave mars bar ice creams...

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 132 (375 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Re: Thank you

Aug 27, 2010

Hahaha don't everyone loves them? :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 132 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter