Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Re: Community Build Optimizer (For New comers and vets alike)

Jul 31, 2010

Thanks for the advice Zelisius, Kharingin and Pacnyc. I think I'm going to raise luck to 30 and remove 5 points from vitality. This is a great post by the way. It's really informative! 

Turtle
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 132 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Aug 1, 2010

Ok, heres some advice for the Blueblood Sword:

Use the Assassin's Mask with the Ancient King's set, with the Eternal Warrior's ring and Clever Rat's ring in body form. And the Cling Ring with Friend's or Foe's ring. And an offhand morion blade. I've won so many battles by using hypermode. I can't begin to describe how important this is.

A baby's nail is a great PvP weapon.

Tips and Tricks:

Spamming R1 is a BAD IDEA. You shouldn't spam and wait until you hit, attack once, and if it hits, spam R1, if it doesn't , wait for another chance to strike.

If the enemy keeps rolling sideways, and your narrow arc R1 attacks aren't connecting, use R2 twice, if you hit him with it and he's out of the R1 attack range, roll forwards, hit him, and then spam R1 or R2.

If Light Weapon wears off, try using the Baby's Nail, chances are the enemy will run off and try to heal, this leaves them open to a backstab, or you could heal and use light weapon again, you can always roll backwards a couple of times and buff then.

Oh and by the way, if your against a mage or spellsword, you might want to consider removing the Morion Blade and replacing it with a Dark Silver Shield for the magic defense, but that's your call.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 132 (392 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Aug 1, 2010
That helps a lot! Thanks, Kharingin!
Turtle
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 132 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Aug 1, 2010

TheArmoredTurtle wrote:
That helps a lot! Thanks, Kharingin!

I'd be happy to answer all your questions.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 132 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8923 posts

Aug 4, 2010

Ok, went back through and added general weapon choices and stat layout for each build

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 132 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Aug 5, 2010

For the Spellsword build, I wouldn'y recommend Talisman of Beasts. Since tob scales with magic AND faith, you need both to be pretty high to be even close to the insanity catalyst, so with only 18 faith, you magic will be very inferior to that of mages and spellsword's with the icat. Sure you have twice as much mp with the tob than the icat, but unless you're utilizing firestorm, I would recommend running the icat instead of the tob, since with that, your magic will be just as strong as a pure mage. Plus, if you run out of mp and for any reason can't eat a grass, you could always melee. That's what spellswords are for anyway.

But other than that, these builds are  good, very well balanced and effective. Is it ok if I post some of my own builds, and if you like them you could post them on the front page? I have some stats for a LW MC build, a Vit gouge Str Build,  LW Str and Dex Builds(for warders), and a few other builds as well.

PSN's
Ukol12- Mage, Dex, Faith, 712
Rob1233- PW NR, SL 15 mule, LW Dex, Vit Str
Xx_1337d3mon_xX- Garl Vinland, Mephistopheles, Ostrava

All the above builds( except the mule and 712) are around SL 120-130ish.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 132 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8923 posts

Aug 5, 2010

rob1233 wrote:

For the Spellsword build, I wouldn'y recommend Talisman of Beasts. Since tob scales with magic AND faith, you need both to be pretty high to be even close to the insanity catalyst, so with only 18 faith, you magic will be very inferior to that of mages and spellsword's with the icat. Sure you have twice as much mp with the tob than the icat, but unless you're utilizing firestorm, I would recommend running the icat instead of the tob, since with that, your magic will be just as strong as a pure mage. Plus, if you run out of mp and for any reason can't eat a grass, you could always melee. That's what spellswords are for anyway.

But other than that, these builds are  good, very well balanced and effective. Is it ok if I post some of my own builds, and if you like them you could post them on the front page? I have some stats for a LW MC build, a Vit gouge Str Build,  LW Str and Dex Builds(for warders), and a few other builds as well.

Well, I do agree that ICat is more powerful, but I've been rather successful with the ToB. The Hat, Ring and kriss aid alot. I've seen some people use the ICat, and others use the ToB.

I think Nick1Nintendo uses ToB on his version.. can't remember the name of the guy who used ICat. Guess it comes down to personal prefference. Heck, you could run both! Start off with ToB and once your MP reaches the 50% mark, switch to the ICat.

I'll go back in and add the ICat to the list of things to use for a Spellsword though.

As for your builds, go for it! Post away and I'll copy/add them in!

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 132 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Aug 5, 2010

That's true, Nick uses the tob. People can use whatever they want anyway. Thanks for taking note though. Here is one of my builds

Vit Gouge Strength( DBS variation)

This build mainly focuses on the DBS, but it has high enough Strength to effectively use other crushing weapons

optimal SL: 129

weapons: DBS, crushing weapons, baby's nail, 

Starting Class: Temple Knight

VIT: 70

INT: 18

END: 40

STR: 40

DEX: 12

MAG: 6( raise to ten, then delevel back to 6 if you want spells from sage freke)

FAITH: 16

LUCK: 7

PSN's
Ukol12- Mage, Dex, Faith, 712
Rob1233- PW NR, SL 15 mule, LW Dex, Vit Str
Xx_1337d3mon_xX- Garl Vinland, Mephistopheles, Ostrava

All the above builds( except the mule and 712) are around SL 120-130ish.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 132 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8923 posts

Aug 5, 2010

Added.

Bet you annoy the heck out of those who like to fish for a backstab all the time with their estocs hoping for that 1 shot kill.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 132 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8923 posts

Aug 7, 2010

Added a Light Weapon build to the list.

Lemme know what you think and if you got something you wanna post, then go for it!

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 132 (392 Views)
0 Likes