Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Re: Community Build Optimizer (For New comers and vets alike)

Jul 29, 2010

Zelisius wrote:

TheArmoredTurtle wrote:

Do you guys mind me asking why dislike Blueblood builds so much? I've never fought against them, but I understand that they are very versatile. Thanks. 

Because the build is based around 1 weapon.

It can use other weapons, but it's killing power comes fom the Blueblood.

It's not very versital and it's predictable.

People will buff with Insanity Catalyst and go in for the 2 handed R1 "HAHA I spam you to death" move. Most people will just stay back til LW weres off then begin their offense vs it.

So pretty much, once you buff, you got 60 seconds to defeat the opposition or you may find yourself dead.

It's stats are also widely spread out, which hampers the build. Generally, it lack endurance, but to be honest, it only needs 30, as that's more then enough to kill someone, but of course, having low endurance means you are weaker to fire, so even spells like fire spray will hurt you more then others. It's still a great build, but it's not for everyone.

Thanks for the explanation! I think I still may want to give it a go just to see if I like it or not. My other build is faith-based and focused on heavy armor while retaining agility, strong magic defense, and heavy, 2-handed weapons. My other is a mage and Blueblood seems like it plays a lot differently from those two. I've only invaded with my faith character so far, and I usually just get ambushed and hit by 3 firestorms. lol... I'm not that good and it usually always ends in me being simultaneously attacked by everyone, but I think I might enjoy the Blueblood build. Thanks again. 

Turtle
Message 10 of 132 (401 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1095 posts

Jul 29, 2010
Hey Turtle, if you go the blueblood route, couple of things to keep in mind. To really get the most out of the bbs, plan on using the Insanity Catalyst with light weapon. Bring your magic stat along with luck so you get a 30/30 ratio. After you hit 30 luck, any points put into luck pay off less and less. But with magic higher along with the IC, you'll get a 250ish boost when you apply light weapon to the bbs which will put your total attack power in the 600 range. Pretty deadly.
Message 11 of 132 (401 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1289 posts

Jul 29, 2010

For being one of it's bigget fan's I am suprised you left out the pushed ToB route for the mage, not sure if it is a class of it's own but worthy of a side note at the least.

Message 12 of 132 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Jul 29, 2010

A BlueBlood Sword build, well built, is EXTREMELY deadly.

Message 13 of 132 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8923 posts

Jul 30, 2010

moose_338 wrote:

For being one of it's bigget fan's I am suprised you left out the pushed ToB route for the mage, not sure if it is a class of it's own but worthy of a side note at the least.

I mentioned a little bit about it in the Mage part of the section. Might have to go thru and underline the different builds so they are more easily noticed.

Message 14 of 132 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8923 posts

Jul 30, 2010

Kharingin wrote:

Ya, I made one and it's at 130. I don't use it too often, but when I do... my god. Even 1 handed, it throttles people.

Message 15 of 132 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Jul 30, 2010

Zelisius wrote:

Kharingin wrote:

Ya, I made one and it's at 130. I don't use it too often, but when I do... my god. Even 1 handed, it throttles people.

Yeah, I love it when I'm up against another Blueblood sword build, mainly because all they do is spam R1. (Easy Kill.)

Message 16 of 132 (400 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3015 posts

Jul 30, 2010
People keep saying how deadly Blueblood builds are... yet it must be the only class I never lost to lol
My dislike for it is not about the one-trick-ponyness but it's rather more personal. I HATE the luck skill. It just sucks!
Message 17 of 132 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 30, 2010

pacnyc wrote:
Hey Turtle, if you go the blueblood route, couple of things to keep in mind. To really get the most out of the bbs, plan on using the Insanity Catalyst with light weapon. Bring your magic stat along with luck so you get a 30/30 ratio. After you hit 30 luck, any points put into luck pay off less and less. But with magic higher along with the IC, you'll get a 250ish boost when you apply light weapon to the bbs which will put your total attack power in the 600 range. Pretty deadly.

Thanks for the awesome tips, pacnyc. Originally, I was actually going to use the build found on the wiki here:

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/character-builds:153

The stats look like this:

VIT 50

INT 15

END 35

STR 18

DEX 18

MAG 30

FAITH 18

LUCK 20 

SL 124

Maybe I should take 5 out of Vitality and raise Luck to 30 to make for a SL129 build? Thanks! 

Turtle
Message 18 of 132 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8923 posts

Jul 31, 2010

TheArmoredTurtle wrote:

pacnyc wrote:

Thanks for the awesome tips, pacnyc. Originally, I was actually going to use the build found on the wiki here:

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/character-builds:153

The stats look like this:

VIT 50

INT 15

END 35

STR 18

DEX 18

MAG 30

FAITH 18

LUCK 20 

SL 124

Maybe I should take 5 out of Vitality and raise Luck to 30 to make for a SL129 build? Thanks! 

the difference between 45 and 50 vit is only like 70 or so pts of hp.

So going with more lck wouldn't be that bad of an idea.

Message 19 of 132 (400 Views)
0 Likes