Splicer
71 posts

Re: Best weapons of Demons souls

Jun 30, 2011

I use

Thats about it.It takes some patiences to beat that game.You will get your ass hassled in the games so many times.But with each death,you learn from your mistakes.

Message 51 of 63 (1,222 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

Jun 30, 2011

I made a Vit build with a north Reg..  but I didn't really care for it..  its dmg was good..  but its move set is slow and predictable with very little combos..  only 2 or 3 different swings..  gets old quick..

Message 52 of 63 (1,222 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6810 posts

Jun 30, 2011

There honestly is no 'best weapon'. It is class-specific. If you have a faith build - then +5 Blessed Mirdan Hammer. If you have a mage build - then +5 Moon Scythe. If you have a Vit/End build - then a +5 Dragon weapon (best for low level PvP), of any type. The pole-arms are going to give the best damage out of any weapon since they are naturally two-handed.

Seriously, it's the best possible setup. Anything other than a faith build, to me, is useless. +14HP is regenerated per second on a maxed faith-build, using a maxed Adjudicator's shield and +5 blessed hammer = /game. In boss fights, you can add HP regen, and a regen ring for somewhere around +27HP per second.

If From keeps the FAITH builds intact from the previous game, then I will have no problem going 105-6 (win/loss) in invading. I used to keep tally of it (an awesome feature I hope they implement - survival/success rates for invading).

.:. .:.
Message 53 of 63 (1,222 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Aug 8, 2011

Crescent Falchion!! Best weapon you can get early on to beat the game quickly in my opinion anyways

Message 54 of 63 (1,222 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
816 posts

Aug 9, 2011

For PvP, I like the great axe ( blessed) backed up with a claymore or a mace or a morning star.  More and more I use the morning to star to great effect.

I think a weapon that doesn't get enough credit  is a sharp kiliji.

Message 55 of 63 (1,222 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
848 posts

Aug 9, 2011

@ Meanguns - I agree with you on the N. Regalia.  I tried the build, and while the sword does pack some punch, there isn't a lot of variety to the moves.  I'm happy I tried it, but it really doesn't hold my interest.

I'm with C2 on the Faith build.  That is a fantastic setup.  The health regen is a great supplement to an already powerful build.  I use a Great Axe and Mirdan Hammer.  I went a lot higher on strength with mine than people normally do, pushing it to 26 so I could carry a Brushwood shield sometimes.  It's probably a waste of souls, considering that I have the AS on most of the time, but  I like being able to tank up a bit sometimes.  With the regen, I find that it pushes people to get more agressive, going for the big kill, and end up making mistakes.  But I'm definitely going to look at using this type of build if it's doable in Dark Souls.

Message 56 of 63 (1,223 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
816 posts

Aug 9, 2011

No sweat on the STR being 26, now you can use great axe and sword one handed! 

Message 57 of 63 (1,222 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
848 posts

Aug 10, 2011

Bingo my friend, while the two handed look is badass...I like being able to hold up a shield sometimes.  Great build.

Message 58 of 63 (1,222 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1095 posts

Aug 10, 2011

Sharp Kilij is vicious.  I've also had it handed to me by a guillotine axe.  I prefer the crescent axe over the gr8 because of its range and I like that I don't see it much out there.  Gives my faith build a unique feel to it.

Message 59 of 63 (1,226 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
848 posts

Aug 10, 2011

I remember hearing a lot of great things about the BBS, and when I finally tried it, I couldn't make it work as well as I'd hoped.  Too much multitasking I think.  You have to spend a lot of time enchanting it, then making sure to spice up for when it runs out, plus toggling back to grass to heal.  I think I need my set up to be simpler, which is why the Faith one really worked for me.  Even healing was simplified, since a lot of "topping up" happened on its own.

Message 60 of 63 (1,224 Views)