Jun 22 2012
By: GuNz_52 Treasure Hunter 8805 posts

How do you feel about DS3 moving from horror to action?

15 replies 584 views Edited Jun 22, 2012

I for one, hate the fact they have changed this series so much from the original title. Dead Space included the aspects of an actual survival horror, while Dead Space 2 incorperated some of these aspects, you could tell it just wasnt the same. EA's hands are all over this, and I am upset that they are letting money drive what they do with this amazing series. Now DS3 looks like a TPS instead of a horror.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (584 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

Re: How do you feel about DS3 moving from horror to action?

Jul 1, 2012

It kinda sucks imo. It's like the RE4-RE5 transition,except you don't need to rely on your coop partner that much. I still expect this game to be good, but the horror aspect is indeed gone.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (578 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13085 posts

Jul 1, 2012

I agree. DS2 just didn't have the same kind of soul that DS1 had. That is why I replay DS1 way more than I ever do DS2 these days. Despite all of that, I will still get DS3 because while it won't have the same kind of suspense ( really who knows since the game isn't out yet .... ) I am sure I will enjoy the game a lot.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (575 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5914 posts

Jul 2, 2012

I'm nervous by the transition, but at the same time Im very excited about Dead Space 3. Even if it doesnt have as many scares, I'm still interested in seeing how the story plays out.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13085 posts

Jul 2, 2012

RatchetH22 wrote:

I'm nervous by the transition, but at the same time Im very excited about Dead Space 3. Even if it doesnt have as many scares, I'm still interested in seeing how the story plays out.

Same here. I still play DS1 on a semi regular basis because it's so much better than DS2 imo. I just want to continue with the story and I read somewhere that DS3 will take place on a planet this time around. Is that right?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (560 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jul 4, 2012

THEGREENSKEEPER wrote:

RatchetH22 wrote:

Same here. I still play DS1 on a semi regular basis because it's so much better than DS2 imo. I just want to continue with the story and I read somewhere that DS3 will take place on a planet this time around. Is that right?

Yeah the planet setting is right. I'm not entirely sure what you all are getting at as far as it not being survival horror anymore but what I do know is I'm pretty excited for Dead Space 3, and I've always been into the whole co op thing, reminds me of how Resident Evil 5 worked. Who says it can't still be scary.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (551 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Jul 15, 2012

I think that DS2 was ok but i agree it wasnt like DS1 and im excited about DS3 because i like the story and im intreseted to see how the story plays out and hopefully they added like differnt places like not staying at the same place i really didnt like that about DS2 i liked DS1 because it at least went to Edges 7 for a short part of the game at the end but i just hope they add more places to go and maybe even vehicles or something to drive around stuff like that.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Jul 16, 2012

SAme here IM still going to get Dead space 3. The story lines seems good! Especially the ICE background and the vivid color it has to it...

Im am looking forward to this already added in my Wishlist! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13085 posts

Jul 21, 2012

The recent GameInformer magazing had a cool article on DS3. Some new necros and some new ways to play, like setting traps and stuff like that. Can't wait. It's gonna be a hot game so I'm gonna preorder it soon.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Aug 27, 2012

I could be wrong but I just read about it in GI and I thought it looked pretty cool. From everything I read it sounds like a horror game to me, the writer even said the scares are still there, as if Dead Space was really that scary to begin with? Even if it has co-op, just play it solo.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (500 Views)
0 Likes