Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 18 2012
By: rojito Treasure Hunter 7014 posts

Dead Space 3 Info, Trailers, SPOILERS!!

24 replies 1096 views Edited Jun 18, 2012

SPOILER ALERT!!

The following video is 20 minutes long and features gameplay footage. Those of you who avoid spoilers should not watch it!!

^Doesn't look very scary!?

There will be a co-op mechanic in Dead Space 3. Also most fans would be pleased to hear that the tacked-on competitive multiplayer that was criticized so much in Dead Space 2, won’t return in this game.

There will also be a cover system which kind of confirms what type of game the developers are trying to design. The game will be a lot more action-oriented this time around, and the co-op mode will feature new cutscenes between Isaac and Carver.

Unitologists will also pose a threat – and the game will feature “zero gravity space sections, dark corridors, and all the other things that made the series what it is.”

There are a bunch of new enemies revealed, including a huge 30 story tall centipede necromorph called the ‘Nexus’. Universal ammo-pickup mechanic is in, too.

Some rumors here: http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/09/rumour-dead-space-3-to-feature-drop-in-co-op/

Official Site: http://www.deadspace.com/

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 25 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

Re: Dead Space 3

Jun 4, 2012

Not saying that I liked the DS2 MP, but I think it could've been improved to make it an acceptable multiplayer experience.

I just hope that co-op doesn't ruin the horror-action that Dead Space is known for.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 25 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Jun 4, 2012

Yeah, I hope the co-op doesn't ruin it. Carver looks like a total badass, but an action oriented dead space isn't really what DS is about. The cover mechanic obviously means there's more shooting vs humans than is necessary, as cover is virtually useless against the necros.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 25 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
683 posts

Jun 4, 2012

Hopefully there won't be explosive babies in this one. those things scared the shit out of me.

http://slagzombie.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/tourettes-guy-01.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 25 (1,096 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4059 posts

Jun 8, 2012

I was worried that it would be like RE5, and Carver would be there with you all the time -- with-or-without a human companion controlling him.

I'm glad they confirmed, at E3, that this is not the case. Carver will only be by your side in co-op.

Definitely will be fun to experience the differences between the solo-campaign and the co-op mode in different play-throughs.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 25 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Jun 12, 2012

I liked the original Dead Space the most, and was a bit dissappointed with the second installment to the series. Now, considering the third game will have even more action than before, I'll have to pass on this one. It's too bad they have chosen to take this route with the series.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 25 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jun 15, 2012

i think that dead space 1 was more of "go to point one to point 2" and it got annoying. the third on will have more open world, and i cant wait.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2n0lg82.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 25 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7014 posts

Re: Dead Space 3 Info, Trailers, SPOILERS!!

Aug 15, 2012

EA announced yesterday at Gamescom that Dead Space 3 will be released on February 5th, 2013.  However, that wasn’t the only news to come out about the game, as EA also gave us some detail on some of the games first bits of DLC.

If you pre-order the game you’ll get the Limited Edition of the game, which comes with 2 DLC releases as bonuses. The DLCs are titled First Contact and Witness the Truth, and both bring with it new suits and weapons. Needless to say, while the new suits and weapons aren’t necessary by any means, they’ll likely be a much welcome addition to anybody’s arsenal.

The First Contact bundle comes with the First Contact suit, an Extra-Vehicular Activity suit (aka space suit) that has a “flamboyant golden finish” and extra thick armor for “…unspecified reason.” But what good is a suit without a weapon? First Contact also comes with the Negotiator weapon, which contains a “top-mounted Tesla Beam” that’s capable of destroying anything mansized with a single shot. The Negotiator also has a Linegun attached to the bottom which seems to be more for shooting targets from a long distance away.

The Witness the Truth bundle comes with the Witness suit, an insulated suit that’s meant for deep digs meant to “exhume the darkest secrets of Tau Volantis”. Whenever the people who were wearing the suits emerged from the dig weeks later, they were apparently “covered in head to toe in strange graffiti and claimed to be ‘Witnesses to the Truth’”. The Evangelizer weapon is a modified AL-2 weapon that features a souped up assault rifle with a tactical shotgun on the bottom. The weapon is also adorned with various symbols, and was dubbed the “Evangelizer” by the survivors.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 25 (1,079 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7014 posts

Sep 26, 2012

^ 6:50 Developers favorite moment is when you open a door and necromorphs are on the other side?! Seems like a pretty standard part of the game to me

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 25 (1,060 Views)
Last Guardian
13260 posts

Oct 1, 2012

I have DS3 pre-ordered. Can't wait for it to drop. I liked the original game better and I still play it weekly, the second one not so much.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 25 (1,023 Views)
0 Likes