Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 20 2013
By: WhiteZombie2010 Splicer 46 posts

Dead Space 3 Freeze Issues?

8 replies 943 views Edited Apr 20, 2013

Anyone have the same problem? I have an older fatty ps3 80GB. The game seems to freeze quite often.. Has this happened to anyone else?  It is not my system.. I have alot of games any the never freeze like this..  Even the new God of War Acension played great with no freezing..

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (943 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Dead Space 3 Freeze Issues?

[ Edited ]
Apr 22, 2013

Are you kidding??  check the ea forums site - and others here on PSN. One thread alone now has 31 pages of freezing and crashing issues. another one is now 13 pages.  When it freezes it sometimes destroys your save file.  Try deleting the GAME DATA file , disconnect from the internet so the game cannot update. BTW your existing dave file may not work if you had add ons. You may have to start over. I bet the game plays through to the end (minus co-op). Go online and let it update and you will see the freezing return. But EA still insists there is no problem. I have played this on an old fat 60gb , 2 different 320 gb slims, and the new 500 gb white. all different user names - all different save files. all freeze at some point. Usually on elevators, doors opening , or progress saving points. they are not random freezes. next time you get to a spot that you know froze the last time- approach the spot very slowly- very slowly. you will see a progree or inventory saving at that very spot. Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (938 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 22, 2013

3  different ps3 consoles, 3 different user names , 2 different DS3 discs. Optional missions, elevator rides, walking through doors as an autosave is happening. 4 times on the mission where you put on the snowsuit so you can go out side. Can't walk through the door without a freeze point and wiped save file. I have saved and quit the game and copied what should have been a "clean" save started at the last "uninterrupted part of the story' and made it through that door but now my game is pretty much ended on the optional "armory" mission. can't take the elevator back to the surface. The sad thing is that EA will not even admit there is a problem with the game. There WAS a 6 page thread on the PSN forums on this topic a few days ago but that seems to have dissapeared. A new one started up - wasa bout 3 pages long with complaints but now that one has mysteriously vanished also. Do you think that thats because PSN has the game for sale on the store?? Do you think the $15 add-ons sales might suffer if people thought there was a problem with the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (933 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Apr 23, 2013

i didnt experince any maybe a couple of glitches but thats it for me 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (927 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013

It is a real problem here, the game will load at the start then when it is finished it will freeze therefore I have to try and reboot the system.  Other times I'm just standing in an elevator and it will freeze..  This game is a piece of crap!!  I have to reboot my system 2 times if I want to play the **bleep** game due to the freeze after loading issue..

EA Games Really screwed this one up...

What is there website so I can bash them on how crappy their game is!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (911 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4093 posts

May 10, 2013

I know I'm not helping any, but I never-once experienced any of these issues you all are describing.

I feel bad that these problems hindered you from enjoying a good game.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (879 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

May 11, 2013

You have an older or newer PS3?  Just wondering..  Yeah I hate it, I tried again last night and it froze once again.. So I have decided to stop playing ...  I will try Far Cry 3 for now..

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (871 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 14, 2013

Nice Game

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (851 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4093 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2013

WhiteZombie2010 wrote:

You have an older or newer PS3?  Just wondering..  Yeah I hate it, I tried again last night and it froze once again.. So I have decided to stop playing ...  I will try Far Cry 3 for now..

I have a 120GB Slim, now. My original launch 60GB died too many times.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (844 Views)
0 Likes