Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

Re: online still not fixed?

Sep 25, 2012

i get what your saying but there is definitely a HUGE diference between not liking a game and it "not working as intended".

I dont think anyone expects perfection but lets look at this

Playing Dead island..... locks up system.

Reboot system.... playing dead island..... system locks up again.

rinse, repeat

this cant be good for the system itself.

So what protects the consumer who deals with these issues.

We as the purchaser have to start demanding game devs/pubs be held liable for these issues. They know they would lose tons of cash if they had to test out all the issues before hand and would rather steal our money knowing most of us will continue to buy thinking they "llearned from their mistakes", which they never do. Its always "find the cheapest solution there is no consumer protection on this stuff".

"His name was Robert Pulsan"

READ MA BLOG YO "http://tevilblog.blogspot.com/"

If i ask questions that means i already googled it and got no where.

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is slaying a ratholos over and over again and expecting different rewards".

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 25 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1135 posts

Oct 6, 2012

no

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 25 (383 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

Oct 9, 2012

no what?

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is slaying a ratholos over and over again and expecting different rewards".

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 25 (368 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2977 posts

Oct 10, 2012
I've been playing co-op with friends on every single area of the game without any issues. Forest being the one place where we had the most trouble finding each other, mostly because of the relentlessness of the invasions (soul signs before boss worked)

I think the main issue with planned co-op is avoiding areas that are overly populated and hot pvp spots, and finding the right hidden place for the summoning.

I can probably write a list of easy meetups if you think that would help

Fextralife.com A gaming blog anyone can contribute to!
Wiki.fextralife.com A wiki network created and managed by gamers for gamers
Bloodborne Wiki | Destiny Wiki | Dark Souls II Wiki | Elder Scrolls Online Wiki | Lords of the Fallen Wiki |
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 25 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

Oct 11, 2012

go ahead but the point of the post was that i was trying to be summoned or summon for coop pvp. I personally enjoy that more than being raped by 3 people at once like shawshank.

the online is botched for this game, always has and they will never fix it. But there are botches for a lot of games recently and honestly if a game becomes c oaster the devs/pubs dont care nor try to fix anymore they just pump out more titles.

What prohibits them from creating faulty products? Nothing, there are no standards.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 25 (359 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2977 posts

Oct 13, 2012
I guess you are feeling pretty negative about the game and that isn't gonna change from your tone... but whilst the online is not good it is not bad either and the game is thoroughly enjoyable and well worth the money spent on it.

Co-op works and PvP is something supposed to happen randomly or be planned as part of a dueling covenant (or in the arena that will be introduced on the dlc)

Players have artificially created pvp zones, changing the balance of the game and making co-op summoning difficult in those areas, but this doesn't mean it's impossible.

Bloodborne Wiki | Destiny Wiki | Dark Souls II Wiki | Elder Scrolls Online Wiki | Lords of the Fallen Wiki |
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 25 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Oct 16, 2012

I've played this on both systems, and in the early going I found the summoning a lot better on PS3.  As a few of my real-world Xbox friends picked up the game, I started playing it with them once the first patch game.  Summoning was better, but still not perfect.  I haven't been on my PS3 playthrough in a while, but the Xbox summoning seems to work now better than it ever has.  Then again, it could also be indicative of the rising number of players on the Box (if any system is home to griefers, it's that one :smileyhappy:.  Anyway, it will never work as well as Demon's Souls did, but the improvement is good enough that I no longer consider it "broken".

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 25 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Oct 16, 2012

PS...how's it going, Fex?  It's been a while, but I see your wiki is going great.  Nice to see.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 25 (334 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2977 posts

Oct 20, 2012
I believe the Xbox version makes for easier friend summoning thanks to it having a smaller userbase. The spots that have given me trouble on psn are usually ones that are very populated.

And the wiki is indeed doing great, it has a fantastic amount of information and a great community :smileyvery-happy: I'm enjoying it!

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 25 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2012

Fexelea wrote:
I guess you are feeling pretty negative about the game and that isn't gonna change from your tone... but whilst the online is not good it is not bad either and the game is thoroughly enjoyable and well worth the money spent on it.

Co-op works and PvP is something supposed to happen randomly or be planned as part of a dueling covenant (or in the arena that will be introduced on the dlc)

Players have artificially created pvp zones, changing the balance of the game and making co-op summoning difficult in those areas, but this doesn't mean it's impossible.

Well the only place i see signs is in these "artificially created PVP zones". Anywhere else in the map there are no sign anywhere.

The online in this game is just very substandard. Its glitchy at best and 90% of thetime I wonder i signs i see are real or just system generated to make the place look populated because Ill be damned if I can summon one. I know its not me either because I can get my buddy to connect after enough tries.

never had these troubles with demons souls

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 25 (261 Views)
0 Likes