Sep 05 2012
By: The_Evil_Nick Uncharted Territory 1778 posts

online still not fixed?

24 replies 653 views Edited Sep 5, 2012

turned on dark souls last night for the first time in like a year to play some dark forest pvp/coop-pvp and now remember why i put the game down.
as soon as i got there i was invaded, pushed hm over a cliff. decided to go soul form to avoid invasions a bit then repeated to plop my sign for 30 minutes with no bites. said meh ill just go human and summon people. as soon as i was human again i was invaded by another..... pushed him off a cliff. then tried to summoned about 50 people and every single one failed! the online for this game was and never will be repaired. too bad to say i will get the expansion for my ps3 but WHY did from not go with atlus again, the online in demons souls was so much better!
ugh just went to their official forum and even thats broken!

"His name was Robert Pulsan"

READ MA BLOG YO "http://tevilblog.blogspot.com/"

If i ask questions that means i already googled it and got no where.

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is slaying a ratholos over and over again and expecting different rewards".

Message 1 of 25 (653 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
778 posts

Re: online still not fixed?

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

As for myself, I'll pass on the expansion.
Too many things still need repairing in the original game before I plunk down any more $$$.

And yea, the online for Dark was / is a terrible failure.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 2 of 25 (650 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 11, 2012

i have that problem too just go to title screen and back onto your character. if that doesnt fix it then throw the game away! jk

Message 3 of 25 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
816 posts

Sep 11, 2012
Brozz,

I've been playing the expansion on pc and think it will be well worth your money, it was for me anyway. I know the online can be a bit tiresome but the new content is pretty cool. Also there are a lot of fixes and or changes that may make the game more appealing, summoning seems improved however that might just be better on PC.
Message 4 of 25 (618 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2012

not worth it if the online isnt fixed. game companies are getting way to laxed with making shakey online, yet promoting the online prior to release, then just copping out and not fixing it.

I just picked up dead island to find out there was a online freeze up glitch that was never repaired a year into the game.

and even aside online look at just the issues with skyrim and the ps3, how can dev and publishers still even rightfully take our money without some kind of return policy or return on product for dealing with this crap, makes piracy seem like a fair trade IMHO.

Video Games are utter **bleep** now

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is slaying a ratholos over and over again and expecting different rewards".

Message 5 of 25 (598 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
778 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

The_Evil_Nick wrote:
.... how can dev and publishers still even rightfully take our money without some kind of return policy or return on product for dealing with this crap, makes piracy seem like a fair trade IMHO.

I never thought I'd advocate piracy, but, I have to agree with you Evil. If game developers/marketers/retailers are blatantly ripping consumers off, the consumers should return the favor.

----------------------------
 d15-149 wrote:
    Brozz,

...... might just be better on PC.
   ----------------------------

Every game is better on PC.

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 6 of 25 (579 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2508 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

Not sure if Dark Souls is better than the console edition..since you should be using a gamepad for the controls on the PC version KB+Mouse just doesn't work as precise as it should and you have to download a graphical fix(Outside of the Devs) for the PC version to get decent graphics.

Message 7 of 25 (574 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3073 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Yea, just last night my friend and I were trying to co-op but everytime I tried to summon him it would fail or the soul sign would just disappear for no reason. We called it a night after 30 minutes trying to make it work.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 8 of 25 (566 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1778 posts

Sep 24, 2012

i still think the devs/publishers should have been forced to issue refunds to those who bought the game for online play. there really needs to be some standards in place since this is supposedly a "multi billion dollar industry"
how can this be the only consumer area where there are really no consumer rights. cars get recalls (some not always safety but just funtionality) why dont games and software?

Message 9 of 25 (552 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
778 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

I agree Evil, something needs to be put in place to protect consumers in this genre of entertainment.
Though Im thinking the defense would be something like .... "Just because you didnt like the movie, dont blame the director".

Of course thats a cop out and pure BS, but I think we all know what developers do when backed into a corner. Just look at EA, Bethesda, and 38 Studios, they have the "pass the blame" game down to a science.

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 10 of 25 (540 Views)
0 Likes