Sep 11 2012
By: benaffleck27 First Son 4 posts

demons souls vs dark souls

18 replies 864 views Edited Sep 11, 2012

is it just me or is dark souls like a tutorial for demons souls? dark souls is so easy compared to demons souls. and off the subject but still valid is demons souls is way scarier. there is bodies and blood smears everywhere and dark souls has the feeling of being edited for younger players!

Message 1 of 19 (864 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
779 posts

Re: demons souls vs dark souls

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2012

I loved demons Souls, but cant stand Dark Souls. For the reasons you mentioned, and many, many more.
Just a few are ..... horrible co-op and PvP, stuttery performance in many areas, foolish Bosses, horrible almost non existant story, and Im sure I could think of more.

Yea, I hate the game. LOL

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 2 of 19 (860 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Sep 11, 2012
Message 3 of 19 (856 Views)
Wastelander
816 posts

Sep 11, 2012
The laggy play and difficulty summoning really bummed me out. That being said, Dark is still a master piece in many ways, for example, the way all the areas tie into each other.

Demons will always be my first love lol.
Message 4 of 19 (847 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8574 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Not sure which I like better, Dark or Demon's

Dark Souls seems harder, maybe because I'm trying to do it all solo.  The "worlds" are quite varied, the monsters nastier, but the story seems rather lacking, kinda like Demon's Souls.  Haven't done much in terms of summoning at all, and have only been invaded twice.

Demon's Souls really wasn't that hard for me.  Ended up running around all the time with the Thief's Ring and Clever Rat's Ring with low health - piece of cake.

Dark Souls is definitely taking a lot more time to get through one playthrough and farming items can get tedious at times.

All in all both are awesome games.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ____________(=^‥^=)____________ Forum Rules of Conduct

================== SONY Customer Service ==================

Message 5 of 19 (836 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Sep 15, 2012

i agree with vfr_800_rider demons souls isnt that hard now best iv done is 2 deaths and one of them i fell through the floor in the mine and the other was the flamelurker. but i must of been through the game about 20times now, the flamelurker must of killed me 30 times on my first run through his got to be the hardest boss out of both games (if you dont glich him behind them bones) i dont class that as a kill

dark souls all the way even with all its problems and that stupid pendant that does nothing but i still rack my brain tryng to work it out. 

Message 6 of 19 (815 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Sep 16, 2012

ozz1243 wrote:

i agree with vfr_800_rider demons souls isnt that hard now best iv done is 2 deaths and one of them i fell through the floor in the mine and the other was the flamelurker. but i must of been through the game about 20times now, the flamelurker must of killed me 30 times on my first run through his got to be the hardest boss out of both games (if you dont glich him behind them bones) i dont class that as a kill

dark souls all the way even with all its problems and that stupid pendant that does nothing but i still rack my brain tryng to work it out. 

The Flamelurker fight can be made a lot easier if you use Soul Arrow on him and keep your distance instead of running up to him and slashing away.

I'm not sure if he's the toughest boss though...

Message 7 of 19 (808 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Sep 16, 2012
in both games the bosses are easy theres only flamelurker and ornstein and smough that are a pain. but i have more trouble with the flamelurker when he goes crazy than any other boss
Message 8 of 19 (803 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

Sep 25, 2012

playing dark souls i realized how much i miss the nexus and pancake face

http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/join.asp?idr=51433244013
Message 9 of 19 (770 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Demon's Souls iz at least 20 times harder than Dark Souls. But Dark Souls is a much more Immersive game with it's huge open world. Hard to say which is better but if I personally had to choose I would say Dark Souls is better.

Message 10 of 19 (753 Views)
0 Likes