Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 22 2012
By: Zelisius Treasure Hunter 8923 posts

Spellsword Build (Gets the hatemail going!)

9 replies 1987 views Edited Nov 22, 2012

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=198561003706074216

I had this build as a Pyro Dex/Mage before the DLC hit, but thanks to dark magic, I went Dex/Mage.

It down right destroys people with its many 1 shot potentials. Anything that doesn't die in 1 hit suffers from a CMW Ricards Rapier or Balder Swag Sword.

Me and a friend managed to get a 2v2 in the arena and it wasn't even a challanged. Sure, people would use the Silver Talisman to deflect my dark magic, but they'ed just eat a Crystal Soul Spear in the face followed by a volley of Great Soul Arrows (Which are SOOO underrated)

I run Logans over Tin Cat because Id rather have more strong spells, then only a few Insanly strong spells.

Sides, what the spells don't finish off, I can with my weapons.

All in all, it's a blast and you will get hatemail simply because it runs Dark Magic.

Let them hate I say because a mage needed some of these spells to be a little more viable in pvp and dark magic, does just that!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (1,987 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2963 posts

Re: Spellsword Build (Gets the hatemail going!)

Nov 23, 2012
This is a very interesting build. I prefer a pure magic build with Moonlight for my mages tho, it's so nice to see bosses die in one or two hits :smileyvery-happy:

Fextralife.com A gaming blog anyone can contribute to!
Wiki.fextralife.com A wiki network created and managed by gamers for gamers
Bloodborne Wiki | Destiny Wiki | Dark Souls II Wiki | Elder Scrolls Online Wiki | Lords of the Fallen Wiki |
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (1,974 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8923 posts

Nov 23, 2012

LSoM?

I haven't made a PURe mage yet. Thought about it since Dark Magic makes them more viable in pvp now, but weapon options are kinda... bleh.

I mean, the Horn and LSoM are good, but the Greatsword nerf really ruined those weapons. Not that I am complaining because I hated fighting them things 24/7, but still, it does kinda limit a pure mages weapons options. Or so it seems I guess. I haven't tried using Magic or enchanted weapons so I shouldn't be too quick to judge.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (1,973 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2963 posts

Nov 23, 2012
I have been using the Moonlight Greatsword (LsoM was Demon's Zel lol) and its appeal lies in the ranged R2 more than anything. I do not know how great it is for PvP, since I hardly do it, but now that the flip ring of cheapness has been nerfed being a mage is more fun

Fextralife.com A gaming blog anyone can contribute to!
Wiki.fextralife.com A wiki network created and managed by gamers for gamers
Bloodborne Wiki | Destiny Wiki | Dark Souls II Wiki | Elder Scrolls Online Wiki | Lords of the Fallen Wiki |
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (1,966 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8923 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Fexelea wrote:
I have been using the Moonlight Greatsword (LsoM was Demon's Zel lol) and its appeal lies in the ranged R2 more than anything. I do not know how great it is for PvP, since I hardly do it, but now that the flip ring of cheapness has been nerfed being a mage is more fun

Oh yeah.... MLGS, not LSoM... Im just use to calling it LSoM.

I see it used sometimes in PVP. Not so much since the gr8sword nerf, but its still there. Main thing now is fast dex weapons. Wish STR builds had some faster weapons. Would of been nice if that rumor from day 1 was true to were higher STR increased attack speed lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (1,962 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Nov 24, 2012
dark magic is lame

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (1,957 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1095 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Well if it isn't my old sparring pal Zel.  Still up to the mad building I see :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (1,950 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8923 posts

Nov 24, 2012
Oh yeah. Been having alot of fun since the dwgr nerf! Granted, I still see poise gougers from time to time, and they still give me a fit, but at least they cant ninja flip
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (1,945 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1095 posts

Nov 24, 2012
Well one door closes and another opens, now that Dark Magic is all the rave!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (1,938 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8923 posts

Nov 26, 2012

TKearney9 wrote:
dark magic is lame

If you spam it, then yeah. I agree that it can be lame. Specially in the DLC with everything flickering/going invisible and adding lag ontop of that.

However, if you use it sparringly, then it's not bad.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (1,924 Views)
0 Likes