Wastelander
816 posts

Re: Dark Souls Wiki is up!!! by Livedoor!

Jun 16, 2011

pacnyc wrote:

So cool that your Mom likes to play Zel.  I haven't much time to play as of late, but right now I'm itching to clear some boards.  Almost two years later and here we are still with this game embedded in our heads.

Isn't that the coolest?!  And you said it, almost two years later and here we still are   Pac , I'm usually PVP'ing late night all night on either Fridays or Saturdays (this weekend being the the exception, won't be able to play till Sunday:smileysad: ), but I'm always up for running some boards, hit me up whenever you wish!

Message 40 of 69 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8923 posts

Jun 16, 2011

Well... provided we survive 2012, here's to hoping we can enjoy 2 more years or more, but on Dark Souls.
I just hope they keep the PVP bout the same, but with improvements on Hit detection and lag.

Message 41 of 69 (505 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1095 posts

Jun 16, 2011

I am still worried about bugs and glitches with pvp.  I keep fearing this perfect storm of gamebreaking glitches, especially with the way Namco is promoting the game.  Prepare to die, die, die, etc.  People new to the world of From will be expecting a death game and will actively look to cheat death rather than embrace it.  If the mechanics aren't watertight, it's just going to be another arms race all over again.

Message 42 of 69 (505 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3113 posts

Jun 16, 2011

I'm back!!!!!

Hahaha no psn outage can keep me away for long!!! Mwaaahahahah

*cough*

Right so now that I regained my composture, I agree with Pac, death is to be embraced as an inevitability yet feared and avoided with strategy, not with cheats, which is unfortunately what Namco are promoting by creating nonesensical glyph games that can only be overcome by cheating one way or another.

So let's concentrate on From and their promotions that are much more fun! Rather than courting the press, they opened up a floor for players to have come a play. Read my blog and keep an eye for the detailed gameplay info

Message 43 of 69 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
816 posts

Jun 20, 2011

WB Fex!

Great blog on the game play, throughly enjoyed that:smileyhappy:

2012 or bust Zel

Message 44 of 69 (505 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3113 posts

Jul 31, 2011

Hey guys I forgot to update that the folks from Elotrolado made a fantastic effort and got the wiki translated to Spanish!!

http://darksoulswikispanish.wikispaces.com

Looking nice right?

Also for anyone who didn't see, the results from the shield contest are up, and the JP wiki has an ongoing thread on some of the community designs.

Message 45 of 69 (505 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 31, 2011

Hello!

I'm a memeber of the Japanese Wiki, we are also very hyped for the game and looking forward to the release in September! We are having fun with shield design 侍盾 please come by share yours!

I look forward to playing with everyone!

Message 46 of 69 (505 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3113 posts

Aug 1, 2011

Welcome to the Playstation Boards!

I highlithed the links to livedoor in the original post, absolutely love the Demon's Souls wiki and what you have done with it! Having high expectations for Dark Souls as well!

For anyone hoping to check out the shield thread on the japanese site, you can use google translate to help you get the reasoning behind each one. It's a lot of fun

Message 48 of 69 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
848 posts

Aug 1, 2011

I'm assuming everyone in the world but me has seen this, but in case anyone missed it, this link shows a snappy display of what's in the collector's edition.  That is one sweet looking package:

LINK

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/05/11/dark-souls-collectors-edition-detailed/

Is this supposed to be the most "deluxe" of all the limited/collector's editions?

Message 49 of 69 (505 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3113 posts

Aug 2, 2011

The Jp version has a map, which I am looking forward to!

The collectors edition sure looks great, but be advised the guide is digital not printed as the mockups lead people to believe. You probably won't need it since we have this wonderful boards to ask each other stuff!

Message 50 of 69 (505 Views)
0 Likes