10-08-2011 06:40 AM
Due to several contacts we've received from users confused as to how the summoning feature works in game, we have provided this list to help.
Conditions for summoning (White Sign Soapstone):
- The host (person who's game world will be used) must be human. The client (person joining the game) can either be human or undead.
- The client’s level must fall within 10% (above or below) of the host’s level. Generally, this example formula should give you a good idea on whether you will be able to join: (LC x 1.1) ≥ LH ≥ (LC x 0.9), where is LC the level of the client and LH is the level of the host. For example, if the level of the host is 20, then they will only be able to summon players who are levels 18 to 22.
- The area boss (Taurus Demon, Bell Gargoyles, Moonlight Butterfly, etc…) in the host’s world must still be alive. A client can still be summoned even if the client has already defeated their own area boss.
- The host must not have placed down a summoning sign. Summoning signs from other players will not appear in a host’s world if the host also has placed a summoning sign down. This is to prevent a network conflict of the host joining someone else's game world while the clients are trying to join the host's game world.
- After successfully summoning, the client will return to their world if the area boss is defeated, the client is killed or the host is killed.
!!!!!!Also, please note that there are several different servers/lobbies that are being used for Dark Souls, so you may not be able to summon a specific friend into your game even if you adhere to the steps above. We can only recommend that you follow the steps above for the best chance at being able to join a specific friends' game.!!!!!!!
yeah the highlighted part kind of sucks, and is what is making it especially difficult to play with specific people.
10-09-2011 02:05 AM
Hi, i have problems to join someones worlds. I can see the white stone sign, but wenn i try to call the phantom in my world! After 30 seconds there is a message that call was failed. So what can i do? If i place the white stone sign, everyone can call me without any problems!
I would like to know if there is something i can do to solve the problem.
10-10-2011 09:56 PM
Char Name: ZainX PSN: Zain_SP
will help with all bosses
however havent gotten to the boss fog of Ceaseless or Seath so ill need to be summoned at the start of the area
Co-op only no pvp
last boss beaten was Gravelord Nito
10-15-2011 08:29 PM