Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 04 2012
By: JMadFour First Son 31 posts

Can you play Offline Mode without signing out of PSN?

6 replies 7041 views Edited Aug 4, 2012
Being Constantly invaded on my very first playthrough by people who have likely platinumed the game every single time I go human is tedious and makes me not want to continue playing. I suppose i could just never ever go human, but how much do i miss out on, as far as the single player experience by doing so?

I understand that this game has an offline mode. Is the only way to access it to completely sign out of my PSN account(thus losing access to my friends list and messages while i am playing)?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (7,041 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
664 posts

Re: Can you play Offline Mode without signing out of PSN?

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

Yes, you must sign out of PSN, or the game will automatically start in online mode.
I think the only thing you miss out on playing as a hollow is the ability to summon not only players, but NPCs that youve met along the way. I dont think youll miss anything else, but I may be wrong.
Hopefully someone else can clarify or correct me there.

Whenever I want to summon an NPC, I sign out, go human, kill the Boss and then go back online.

On the rare occasion that I co-op, theres always two or more of us, so taking down invaders is usually pretty quick.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (7,036 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Aug 4, 2012
I see, thanks. Guess thats what i will do.

speaking of Summoning, I have not done that yet, as I am still in Undead Parish. how do you communicate with other players? Is there voice, or text chat or something?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (7,031 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
664 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2012

No voice and no text. Its all hit and miss, or you could hash out a basic plan with PSN messages before summoning.

The PvP, Co-Op and online arent very good, HUGE lag spikes and more failed summons then successful ones.
Demons Souls PvP/Co-Op is much better.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (7,026 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2964 posts

Aug 4, 2012
Summoning and being summoned is an integral part of the game and is a lot of fun, you should definitely try it!

I recommend that you try and do some soul farming as a White Phantom for a while to learn levels, bosses and pvp tactics. You don't need chat to have a great time!

Fextralife.com A gaming blog anyone can contribute to!
Wiki.fextralife.com A wiki network created and managed by gamers for gamers
Bloodborne Wiki | Destiny Wiki | Dark Souls II Wiki | Elder Scrolls Online Wiki | Lords of the Fallen Wiki |
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (7,021 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2109 posts

Aug 5, 2012

Summoning and being invaded is a very important and very fun part of the game, however, since people have discovered the glitch that transfers items from high level characters to low level ones, it's made invasions early-on unbearable.

Trust me, when you're running around the Undead Parish with your starting gear and get invaded by a guy with a Lightning Zweihander +5, it is NOT fun.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (7,011 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2964 posts

Aug 5, 2012
Yes, glitchers and cheaters are dumb and no fun. At least some of this can be avoided by being a white phantom early on :smileyvery-happy:

Fextralife.com A gaming blog anyone can contribute to!
Wiki.fextralife.com A wiki network created and managed by gamers for gamers
Bloodborne Wiki | Destiny Wiki | Dark Souls II Wiki | Elder Scrolls Online Wiki | Lords of the Fallen Wiki |
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (7,005 Views)
0 Likes