Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: Dance Dance Revolution for PS3?

Dec 30, 2007
We just got the ps3 80gb and cannot find a DDR that is compatible.  It seems that all the adapters for ps2 are not compatible with the 80gb and the new PS3 DDRs are not compatible with the 80 gb. 

Can anyone tell me why the 80 gb is so different that it is not compatible?  Is there any plan to release a new version that is compatible? 

Any help or direction is appreciated!!
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 63 (480 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 31, 2007
The game guys at Circuit City did not know anything about the compatability or the adapters. See here: ps2 to ps3 dance pad converter
in case the link does not work here is the full url-- http://www.ddrstation.com/ps2topsdapad.html

I sent them an email to ask why the 80 gig is listed as not supported. When I check compatibility on the sony site it only says that the title is slow with the 80 gig and that there are no problems with the 20 and 40 gig. I am wondering if the converter does not really work or if sites are only saying it does not work because they cannot guarantee it will work perfectly.

I also emailed Konami (since I also purchased DDR Supernova 2 for Christmas).

If I get an answer from them I will post it here.

Have a great day!
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 63 (480 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 3, 2008
Could anyone tell me if there is DDR for ps3 40g? I heard that the ps2 games work, but not  for ps3 40g. Or if there is a DDR game for ps2 that does work for PS3 40g, are there dance pads that will connect to it and work properly. I would really appreciate the help!!
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 63 (480 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 3, 2008

The 40 and 80 Gb PS3 have a different IC CHIP which is not compatable with the current adaptors. We are waiting for a new adaptor to be made available. (I got this from Harts Unlimited).

Here is what Konami said about PS3 DDR games. I emailed them since they make many of the DDR games out:

Thank you for contacting Konami Support.

This game is not intended for play on the PLAYSTATION®3, but will function with the controllers for the PLAYSTATION®3. At this point as there are no dance games for the PS3 from our company (and no information available on when or if one will be) we do not have a mat or an adapter that will function with this system. If an adapter were to be manufactured to aid in the use of ANY non-standard peripheral on the PLAYSTATION®3, it would come via SONY.

We recommend you regularly visit our website for all up-to-date information.

BOTTOM LINE: No DDR for PS3 anytime soon.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 63 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Feb 4, 2008
eh?
Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 63 (480 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 4, 2008
Well, I decided to give one of the adapters a try and it works so I don't know what the big deal is about DDR and PS3 80 GB.

I bought my adapter in Belgium but I am sure they have them in the US.  It says it is a 2-in-1 adapter for both memory cards and controllers.  It was around $20 US and I figured it was worth a try.  And it works so my kids are happy.  The guy at the store said it wasn't what I was looking for, but it looked like what I needed so I bought it.  Maybe something was lost in the language barrier (highly possible)?

Hope this helps!
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 63 (480 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 10, 2008
Well i do hope they come out with a DDR for PS3, and mabye it may be compatable with the PSEye Toy as well, something to capture your moves ect..  as far as backwards compatability on the 80gig system such as i have, it is software drivein now and not hardware like the original 40gigers and some earlyier versions of the system . sony took out the hardware for whatever reason and replased it with the software version makeing it less compatable with titles for the ps2 and 1
but again i would love to see a DDR for ps3
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 63 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Feb 12, 2008
eh
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 63 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

Feb 15, 2008
Oh,they will make one and it wil be crazy fun!!
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 63 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Nov 28, 2008
I know this forum is really really old, but I guess I'd post my idea since there are a bunch of post without any real info. There are USB dance pads. we use them on PC to play StepMania. I have a RedOctane Ignition 3.0 pad which has lasted 3 years for me and still works perfectly. I'd love DDR on ps3 for many reasons other than graphics. The increased framerates, the downloadable songs, the character downloads, online battles, trophies, also the ability to have user music. There are many possibilities. If I know in the Groove... red octane would have released a kick ass ITG game before Konami ever could.
-------------------------------

On the internet men are men, women are men and children are the FBI

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 63 (480 Views)
0 Likes