Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 19 2013
By: Squint421 PlayStation MVP 633 posts

Whats more important? KDR or warpoints? Also why there should be a confirmed kill stat. Comments?

3 replies 153 views Edited Apr 19, 2013

In my opinion warpoints are more important. You can down 40 enemies and only have 20 confirmed kills and still lose. Warpoints bring the strikes. A good logi or medic can have as many warpoints as a top kill/kdr player and they also give stability to a squad by keeping their team well supplied and saving clones. That sniper sitting back picking off the enemy can be a hinderance when they have good logi/meds. This is not a run and gun game its all about squad tatics and people with skills that compliment each other. For instance: i was running with a squad last night with 1 other logi/med besides me along with 2 assualts. 1 assualt with a rifle and one with a laser. We won every game and were top squad every time but our logi/med kdr was way lower than the opposing teams top 4 players. But our warpoints were much higher and we had multiple orbitals for our squad each game. So look at warpoints not kdr cause you could pass up a good logi/med that can help you bring the pain every time and save you tons of ISK 

Message 1 of 4 (153 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Re: Whats more important? KDR or warpoints? Also why there should be a confirmed kill stat. Comments

Apr 22, 2013

I agree, there is more to the game then just killing.   Ambush for example, a few good medics mean the difference between hitting 80 clones used and losing or keeping some clones and winning the game.  Each guy you res is one less clone wasted.    Plus the game rewards the support role, you get more war points for a res than for a kill.  That is good, in my opinion.

All that being said a squad with NO supporting roles that has 2 players go 20+ to zero is still going to outdo any support oriented group. 

Message 2 of 4 (141 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Whats more important? KDR or warpoints? Also why there should be a confirmed kill stat. Comments

Apr 23, 2013

The warpoints when ur in a sqd and KDR when ur all alone in an Ambush. some plp look at ur KDR as a way to identify whether or not u are good. if u wanna impress plp i'd recommend the KDR. but if ur solely a teamplayer like a Logistics-class then being a person with a low KDR but a high Wp status (war points status) is more effiecient for u. like the intro said "every decison u make can bring New Eden together or tear it apart" lol

Message 3 of 4 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 28, 2013
A high KDR is usually good for snipers as well. It shows you have a lot of kills and few deaths thus a great sniper. However its not totally important for all position and a bit decieving if you only take that into account. For instance a tank operator can have very high KDR but yea they are in a tank so the war points are more accurate to judge their skill and KP. If you are assault KP and WP are important, but if your able to keep a KDR above 3.0 as well youre awesome lol. In most corps KDR doesnt matter so much as the others since there are much fewer snipers compared to assault. Still if I look for a sniper I check the KDR a 4.0 is average I keep mine hovering between 6.0 and 5.5.
Message 4 of 4 (108 Views)
0 Likes