Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 16 2013
By: Winscar_Shinobi PlayStation MVP 5728 posts

New glitch: black screen of death

2 replies 1009 views Edited Mar 16, 2013
This glitch occurs at the start of a match during the initial spawn. You will spawn into your screen being black. While you don't see it, your character loads into the game without his gun, making you an easy target for enemies.

A solution to this is by pressing start (yes it still works!) and selecting "leave game" that will take you back to your merc quarters and rid you of the black screen.

^ that will also prevent you from dying and losing gear (if you quit the game via XMB or hold the power down your character remains in game for a good 1-2 minutes)

From the sample games me and my clan mates took its about a 25-30% chance of the glitch occurring each game.

The more you know. Hope this helps anyone.

Thanks to Wakko03 for finding a fast way to get out of the glitch.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 1 of 3 (1,009 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49150 posts

Re: New glitch: black screen of death

Mar 19, 2013

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
This glitch occurs at the start of a match during the initial spawn. You will spawn into your screen being black. While you don't see it, your character loads into the game without his gun, making you an easy target for enemies.

A solution to this is by pressing start (yes it still works!) and selecting "leave game" that will take you back to your merc quarters and rid you of the black screen.

^ that will also prevent you from dying and losing gear (if you quit the game via XMB or hold the power down your character remains in game for a good 1-2 minutes)

From the sample games me and my clan mates took its about a 25-30% chance of the glitch occurring each game.

The more you know. Hope this helps anyone.

Thanks to Wakko03 for finding a fast way to get out of the glitch.

I've been getting the loading screen of death a lot lately, well 3 times, when I try to look at my fittings it just loads and loads and loads.

i'm also experiencing, while squad leader, being left behind a lot while the other people get into a game...i've had this one 4 times in the last 2 weeks and as recent as last night.

haven't had the black screen yet though but if I do now I know! 

Message 2 of 3 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Re: New glitch: black screen of death

Mar 22, 2013

Well that's dissappointing that you are finding new glitches and issues.  I was looking forward to this getting better as it goes. I haven't touched it in over two weeks.  I still don 't quite get the draw to this game anyway.  At least it's "free to play."

Message 3 of 3 (288 Views)
0 Likes