Mar 14 2012
By: Sushi_Pirate Fender Bender 4029 posts

EVE Dust 514 Fanfest

11 replies 279 views Edited Mar 14, 2012

Hey everyone,

So I'll be heading up to Iceland next week to meet the guys from CCP and find out everything I possibly can about Dust 514.

I'd like to come prepared with every question you guys can think of so, if you have something, anything (well just about anything  ) you'd like to know about EVE Dust 514, CCP, or the team who is building the game, let me know below!

I'm planning on updating our Dust 514 section daily, so keep an eye out for pictures, and possibly video from our trip!

If you are heading up to Iceland, drop me a PM, and we can meet up.

-SP

Message 1 of 12 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2596 posts

Re: EVE Dust 514 Fanfest

Mar 17, 2012

If any of this has been answered already, sorry I missed it and just let me know.

I'd like to know what resolution the game is going to be playable in? 720? 1080...  by default, if I leave 720p checked will it go to 1080 or will one have to deselect 720 to get it to display in 1080 if even possible.  (Let them know that there are a few of us getting disheartened by the frequency of misprints on the back of the box make sure the information about resolution is correct on the website).

Did the move support get replaced with the keyboard and mouse?  How customizable are the controls going to be, I mean are the buttons going to be assignable on the Dualshock, the move/ sharpshooter, and the keyboard and mouse?  Since CCP was able to work with sony on the relaxing of certain patching process policies, can they work on the TOA for the sharpshooter (the reason insomniac had to remove custom button mapping from Resistance 3 for the sharpshooter), so I and other move/sharpshooter users can finally set up the buttons the way we want - if assignable controller buttons will be an option.

Since it is Free to Play, just how is CCP going to handle the silly-ness of the grumpy gamer?  Who has about 4 alternate accounts all ready to go and a willingness to have fun at some other players expense.  You know the griefer, the team killer or rather friendly fire problem maker, seeing as how the block list on many ps3's accounts are already full from previous other games.  Scenario, been playing for a few days saving up for something, I finally get it and then lose it in 1 game because a supposed fellow teammate is destroying it (be it a vehicle or armored drop suit).

color tag 001

Message 2 of 12 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5621 posts

Mar 22, 2012

i missed the boat on this post. 

oh well

moar gameplay vids please

Photobucket
Message 3 of 12 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2596 posts

Mar 22, 2012

I didn't think I missed the boat, just that this thread never went anywhere after the first post...., but then maybe my questions were silly.

color tag 001

Message 4 of 12 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2596 posts

Mar 23, 2012

Follow up question:  What happens in game when the ps3 freezes or the psn hiccups and the connection is lost.....

Show me a game in the last 2-3 years that has not had major freezing issues or just issues in general, be it crummy mic use, or just really bad account destruction....R2 wiped my first account, GTA4 wiped my second account, MAG tried to destroy my ps3 with RAMPANT WIDESPREAD freezing 2 weeks into its life (strangely not inthe first beta) and then by the 6th month mark freezing was so programmed in that nobody left around in zipper could fix it, same with Skyrim, R3 tried to corrupt everything so I am just hoping that Dust514 limits the issues to say tolerable levels.

color tag 001

Message 5 of 12 (279 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 25, 2012

Wakko, since Dust has almost the same features as EVE then I would say that your toon will be staying in the battlefield and can be killed if u d/c just like in EVE. Not sure tho, its just a guess from an EVE player.

Message 6 of 12 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2596 posts

Mar 26, 2012

I just wonder if the psn can handle it... or if we will be negatively affected by it.... I mean I did hear in a some fanfest panel that they take about 10-20 minutes to do the basic maintenance on their eve servers....psn goes down at the drop of hat in various regions and sometimes not all of them; and ps3 players would have to go thru the psn to get to the eve/dust servers.  I can count on my hands how many times I have frozen or disconnected from a PC online game in the past 2 years...I'd have to use an abbacus and a calculator to produce a number for the times the psn has booted me.

Can you elaborate a little further....what happens when you sign back in?  I don't mind the deaths so much as I have been a 1.8 kdr type of player in every game since R1, I am just curious if I will be able to keep the currency points / skill build up progression (XP or SP - whatever they call it) upon immediate restart of the game, since it is persistence based, will I be able to rejoin the same battle easily?  I know this is dependent upon the mode so I guess this would be PvP or PvE as I am sure PvA.I. (or bots) freezing will be less of a problem.

Now, I am curious about this little scenario.....psn is down, eve servers up....ps3 & eve pc player uses his pc and eve alt and takes his battleship and goes on a duck hunt bombing run; can a eve player interact with the dust universe if the psn is down or partially down?

And I have to check what it actually says as I haven't had a chance in a few days, but I just got Armored Core 5 and it seems to have some strict signed in at all times policy for the single player game.

color tag 001

Message 7 of 12 (279 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
51400 posts

Mar 26, 2012
Message 8 of 12 (279 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1054 posts