Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/19/2007
Offline
4943 posts
 

Re: [Official Dust 514 Thread] V. Mods please don't lock.

Jun 10, 2011

 


Sgt_Alexander wrote:

 


Wherethelove wrote:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/dust_514/b/ps3/archive/2011/06/08/answering-your-questions-about-d...

Q/A

"What happens if I die in this big persistent galaxy?
You’re dead. Well, the clone you’re currently inhabiting is dead. You can respawn, provided you have another clone ready to deploy at your location. But your equipment is gone. So be careful about what you bring into battle."

 

 

looks like the game may follow the hardcore path of eve


**bleep** man, I smell massive camping. 

 


Remember SGT you can call for an air strike if the EVE corp you are working for has control of the air space above the planet. You can wipe out those campers lol. This is the beauty of this game COMMS something we a very use to in MAG. 

 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 194 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/18/2009
Offline
6781 posts
 

Re: [Official Dust 514 Thread] V. Mods please don't lock.

Jun 10, 2011

 


bullyboutya wrote:

Wow I'm reading online that you have to be careful on what corp you decide to join cuz some coprs will set you up to Rob you lol lol lol back stabbing at it's finest.


Yah. That's one of the great parts about EVE though, you can truly be an evil asshat and make your way through the game by killing other players while they're doing activities like mining. I've been nice to everyone so far, just mind my own business mining and doing missions and blowing **bleep** up; though after being harassed enough and having enough wars declared on my corp I have been wanting to train into PvP and get the taste of blood.

 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 194 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/22/2010
Offline
515 posts
 

Re: [Official Dust 514 Thread] V. Mods please don't lock.

Jun 10, 2011
Dust is a ways out from being released so its whatever. After the recent failures for shooters. I don't plan on getting my hopes up.
Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 194 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/01/2010
Offline
2439 posts
 

Re: [Official Dust 514 Thread] V. Mods please don't lock.

Jun 10, 2011

Does anyone know who to ask to get this stickied? 

SIG
Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 194 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/19/2007
Offline
4943 posts
 

Re: [Official Dust 514 Thread] V. Mods please don't lock.

Jun 10, 2011

 


Sgt_Alexander wrote:

Does anyone know who to ask to get this stickied? 


Try and PM one of the MODS we can have it stickied here. Main page is full E-Peen stroking right now :smileysad: hate those threads lol. 

 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 194 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/01/2010
Offline
2439 posts
 

Re: [Official Dust 514 Thread] V. Mods please don't lock.

Jun 10, 2011

 


bullyboutya wrote:

 


Sgt_Alexander wrote:

Does anyone know who to ask to get this stickied? 


Try and PM one of the MODS we can have it stickied here. Main page is full E-Peen stroking right now :smileysad: hate those threads lol. 

 


Okay thanks. I will be downloading EVE right now so I guess I will be reading a lot too. :smileyhappy:

 

SIG
Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 194 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/22/2010
Offline
2956 posts
 

Re: [Official Dust 514 Thread] V. OMG EPIC!!

Jun 11, 2011

I'm quitting MAG when this game is out. Full of so much win.

 

WHAT I LIKE

-persistannt player-driven world

-the equivalent of clan wars is over control of entire planets.

-ability to interact with EVE players by having your corp hired by them, or being in the private army of an EVE corp, or maybe even highering an EVE players for support in conquering a planet. Ability to be attacked by EVE players, and to destroy EVE ships with planetary artilery.

-leadership structure, and the equivalent of the OIC can play the game like an RTS.

-objecrtive based battles with many secondary objectives

-8 different kinds of vehicles

-customization of armor and weapons.

-cool scifi artsyle

 

WHAT SCARES ME

-it won't be 64+ players at launch

-campers and too many snipers because of the heavy penalties of death.

-the possibility of deaths being too fast

-all environments being the same. I hope planets have different colored skies and terrain depending on atmospheric and geological composition, and even different lighting levels depending on distance from their sun... but somehow I doubt Dust will have this.

-EVE players betraying and using Dust players like in this trailer where the EVE capatain betrays and nukes the Dust guys who he hired.

-Lack of little essential things.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 194 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/01/2010
Offline
4599 posts
 

Re: [Official Dust 514 Thread] V. OMG EPIC!!

Jun 11, 2011

 


KAGEHOSHI- wrote:

I'm quitting MAG when this game is out. Full of so much win.

 

WHAT I LIKE

-persistannt player-driven world

-the equivalent of clan wars is over control of entire planets.

-ability to interact with EVE players by having your corp hired by them, or being in the private army of an EVE corp, or maybe even highering an EVE players for support in conquering a planet. Ability to be attacked by EVE players, and to destroy EVE ships with planetary artilery.

-leadership structure, and the equivalent of the OIC can play the game like an RTS.

-objecrtive based battles with many secondary objectives

-8 different kinds of vehicles

-customization of armor and weapons.

-cool scifi artsyle

 

WHAT SCARES ME

-it won't be 64+ players at launch

-campers and too many snipers because of the heavy penalties of death.

-the possibility of deaths being too fast

-all environments being the same. I hope planets have different colored skies and terrain depending on atmospheric and geological composition, and even different lighting levels depending on distance from their sun... but somehow I doubt Dust will have this.

-EVE players betraying and using Dust players like in this trailer where the EVE capatain betrays and nukes the Dust guys who he hired.

-Lack of little essential things.


I understand the other stuff that scares you, but why the bolded bit? That EXCITES me lol. Rest assured, if that happend to me, or other dusters, what we should do is do everything in our power to **bleep** that schmucks infrastructure in whatever planet he has it on. Make it our mission to do it. Or even hire or get Eve allies that will get payback for you on the celestial level, hehe.

 



I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.� - Shaka Zulu
Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 194 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 01/13/2010
Offline
2316 posts
 

Re: [Official Dust 514 Thread] V. OMG EPIC!!

Jun 11, 2011

I'm just downloading EVE, going to give it a go, see what all the fuss is about - I've never played an MMORPG before, but I really like the idea of the two genres being linked. DUST reads like MAG-2-in-space and if it's half the game it sounds, it could be pretty epic.

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 194 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/03/2010
Offline
3141 posts
 

Re: [Official Dust 514 Thread] V. OMG EPIC!!

Jun 11, 2011

 


theQube wrote:

I'm just downloading EVE, going to give it a go, see what all the fuss is about - I've never played an MMORPG before, but I really like the idea of the two genres being linked. DUST reads like MAG-2-in-space and if it's half the game it sounds, it could be pretty epic.


 

sadly, the demo doesnt let u command bigger ships

tried training the required skills for a battlecruiser (or somthing else that was big) but when it came to buying a ship, it said not allowed in trial version :smileysad:

fun game, but i see the combat getting boring



Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 194 (24 Views)
Reply
0 Likes