Gaming Beast
2554 posts

Re: Dust 514--Developer Questions

Aug 26, 2011

Sushi_Pirate a écrit:

tic2000_uk wrote:

I think the questions are already sent/asked and now he is waiting for the anser or he got them already, but he's waiting for some exclusive stuff.

But honestly, if it takes days to get that exclusive stuff we wouldn't mind to see the answers and a new post a few days later with the exclusive stuff.

After all this is the most active thread in this section.

Yep, but I'm waiting on the answers as well, we had about half of our questions answered through our discussion and they are going to get back to us with the rest. 

-SP

Hope they will submited them sooners than later but i also have those others questions and i really hope they will be able to answer them bfore the private beta will be release !

Photobucket
Message 61 of 72 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
506 posts

Aug 28, 2011

So... any updates on this?

I am a duster.
www.dust514.org

Worlds will burn. The CMC will start the fires.
http://cmchq.lefora.com/
Message 62 of 72 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2554 posts

Aug 29, 2011

Etero_Narciss a écrit:

I am a duster.
www.dust514.org

Iam kinda loose Hope ! CCP told nothing at gamescom about dust 514  to the public just a  press demo behind closed door !

Ive seen no interview i have seen no new screeen shot just a report on tweeter thats they have start a (( internal beta )) thats all

ive ask many time to some dev at ccp on tweeter a simple question ! »»»» (( what will be the exact number of players involved in a single battle 16 vs 16 32 vs 32 ? )) And i did not get a single answer yet ! IGN talk about 16 vs 16 32 players max 16 for each team thats ign word ! I want a confirmation from ccp !

16 vs 16 is not thats bad but when u get use to battle whith up to 256 players and at least 64 !! So for me its kinda bad news !

Photobucket
Message 63 of 72 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1724 posts

Sep 10, 2011

personally 32v32 is fine for me. i dont want zerg fest matches like MAG where teams only win cuz they outnumber a bunch of unorganised randoms, there needs to be some skill involved and the game already looks better than MAG and we all know MAG had to make cuts to make that "256" possible. I rather a large enough battle that would take some skill and not promote zergness but actual tactics.

Think DUST is using the Unreal Engine so doubt we will get to see anywhere near 256 tbh and MAG's 256 never felt like 256 ppl it felt like 32v32 x 4. If the battlefield was open and everyone had the same objectives DOM would have felt more large scale but instead just felt like 32v32 on 4 different sections of the map

Photobucket
Message 64 of 72 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4599 posts

Sep 10, 2011

First we need to be sure we will even get 32vs32 with Dust, so far only mentions of 16vs16 and 20vs20.

Personally I find it ideal and "epic" enough to have 64vs64, without splitting up the battlefield like Dom and Aqui mode does. Should be realistic enough to hope for that.

I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.� - Shaka Zulu
Message 65 of 72 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5621 posts

Sep 11, 2011

Shaka_Zulu wrote:

First we need to be sure we will even get 32vs32 with Dust, so far only mentions of 16vs16 and 20vs20.

Personally I find it ideal and "epic" enough to have 64vs64, without splitting up the battlefield like Dom and Aqui mode does. Should be realistic enough to hope for that.

I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.� - Shaka Zulu

yep, and i bet ccp hasn't announced anything official because like eve, Dust will be ever evolving. 

Photobucket
Message 66 of 72 (48 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
53341 posts

Sep 12, 2011

stew360 wrote:

Etero_Narciss a écrit:

I am a duster.
www.dust514.org

Iam kinda loose Hope ! CCP told nothing at gamescom about dust 514  to the public just a  press demo behind closed door !

Ive seen no interview i have seen no new screeen shot just a report on tweeter thats they have start a (( internal beta )) thats all

ive ask many time to some dev at ccp on tweeter a simple question ! »»»» (( what will be the exact number of players involved in a single battle 16 vs 16 32 vs 32 ? )) And i did not get a single answer yet ! IGN talk about 16 vs 16 32 players max 16 for each team thats ign word ! I want a confirmation from ccp !

16 vs 16 is not thats bad but when u get use to battle whith up to 256 players and at least 64 !! So for me its kinda bad news !

don't lose hope stew!

I think that CCP is just being smart by keeping everything as secret as possible, we will know in time!

The rumors and tidbits of info make it seem, to me, like its is going to be 32 v 32 for some games.

Message 67 of 72 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1724 posts

Sep 12, 2011

Shaka_Zulu wrote:

meh 64v64 = zerg fest

i prefer some skill involved plz

32v32 is big imo, more ppl just means more chances randoms get into ur games and we all know how bad blue dots can be

im personally fine with 20v20 and 32v32 especially if we can grp up with alliance members

btw shaka i see ur still rockin the blackout sig lol are u still flock or not? cuz they went back to the old name

Photobucket
Message 68 of 72 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5621 posts

Sep 14, 2011

IIn3wII_NuMb3rZ wrote:

Shaka_Zulu wrote:

meh 64v64 = zerg fest

i prefer some skill involved plz

32v32 is big imo, more ppl just means more chances randoms get into ur games and we all know how bad blue dots can be

im personally fine with 20v20 and 32v32 especially if we can grp up with alliance members

btw shaka i see ur still rockin the blackout sig lol are u still flock or not? cuz they went back to the old name

Photobucket

shaka will be playing with us in dust because he loves me so much...

true story

Photobucket
Message 69 of 72 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2554 posts

Sep 27, 2011

Already loose hope to see any answer so i think ill wait until next years to see something comming out about dust to play whith my ps3 friends for now ill focus on Firefall the games ive bough a brand new beasty PC for it its more (( unreal )) style gameplay but very promising game as well !

in dust i like the univers and the cross platform systhem !

in firefall i like the MMo open wold aspect and the competitive battle play and eventually the Big scales battles !

Photobucket
Message 70 of 72 (48 Views)
0 Likes