Nov 19 2013
By: tangodown549 First Son 1 posts

hdmi to component cable on ps4

3 replies 15848 views Edited Nov 19, 2013

Hi I need help I bought a ps4 but have no TV to use it on except for our big family one they wont let me use. So I was wondering if a hdmi to component cable  or a hdmi to component converter would work.

Message 1 of 4 (15,848 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Re: hdmi to component cable on ps4

Nov 20, 2013

I need a converter also. i have an HD tv but it uses component instead of hdmi. its 68 inches so i dont wanna buy a smaller tv with an hdmi port. i am other wise very happy with my tv the pic is great on it. i really need a hdmi to component hd convereter .... but ive heard they dont work ....

Message 2 of 4 (15,810 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 22, 2013

Right there is a way, the PS4 is pure digital, therefor you need a HDMI to component converter.
To do a proper Digital to Analog conversion you need to decipher the HDMI stream and you also need a DAC (Sony have digital cp included even if you just play games for the moment, they claim that they will remove the digital cp when playing games but this is not the case currently).

The only working solution of great quality is called HDfury and its pretty popular out there. However there is also a whole bunch of clones far from matching the quality of the original design, but can make illusion if your display is small like about 19 or 20 inch.
Otherwise look for a HDfury2, its expensive on the official site but include worldwide shipping, you might find MUCH better deal locally or even by purchasing a 2nd hand. 

Please note that you will need a Power supply as well because the PS4 have very low current available on its hdmi output thus a lot of converters that could normally work standalone from HDMI sources won't be capable of doing so with the PS4.

Hope it helps!

Message 3 of 4 (15,735 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

May 13, 2015

Click on the homepage main pictures. It will cycle to a PS4 HDMI to componenet device called DrHDMI
http://www.hdfury.com/

Message 4 of 4 (6,600 Views)
0 Likes