Mar 20 2017
By: usctrojans34 First Son 1 posts

cant communicate with ssl

2 replies 47 views Edited last month

I am having problems with my Vita connecting to my Xfinity Wifi. I do NOT have a router as I'm using a hotspot.  It worked fine all the way until last night. I'm trying to renew my subscription with xfinity and everytime I go to sign up it  say cant communicate with ssl C4-14000-4. Im not sure the problem or how to fix this. Any advise? Thanks in advance!! 

Who's Next!?
Message 1 of 3 (47 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
34342 posts

Re: cant communicate with ssl

[ Edited ]
last month

Many web sites are blocking connection attempts by browsers that do not support TLS 1.2 with encryption protocols that are still considered to be strongly secure.  The web browser on the PS Vita is not designed for general use, or for use with secure web sites, and is unlikely to receive the necessary upgrades.  You will have to use an ISP that does not require the use of a browser to log-in, or is less demanding of the clients from a security perspective.

GKP
Message 2 of 3 (34 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8442 posts

Re: cant communicate with ssl

last month

How to fake a VITA device connection to register vita as a device with out using the vita device... This used to work... 

Use another device that allows MAC address cloning...

Clone the mac address from the Vita to the other device... sign up with that PC...

Once signed up with the PC turn of the PC and then connect the vita...

As the Vita MAC address was used on the PC, the Mac address is now assigned to the service as registered device...

Longer more complex instructions are via google... This is needed as PS3 and PSP and VIta web browsers are well out of date...

And will remain so for ever...  

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester

From SIE blog firmware 4.50 post "There is no guarantee that all USB storage devices are compatible with your system." 

Message 3 of 3 (28 Views)
0 Likes