Jan 23 2016
By: Firles First Son 4 posts

Vita cannot connect to PS Store

105 replies 4900 views Edited Jan 23, 2016

I recently updated my Vita 2000 firmware to version 3.57. Now I can't connect to the Playstation Store. Same for the Settings->PSN setting.

I can connect to the internet (browser works). I can connect to PSN for some things (internet connection shows all systems go; I can see when my PSN friends are online; etc.). I was also (obviously) able to download the firmware update.

But the Playstation Store just loads and loads without resolution. Same for the Settings->PSN setting.

Tried reboot.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 106 (4,900 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Re: Vita cannot connect to PS Store

Jan 23, 2016

Yep, this is the same problem I'm seeing, and seems to be the same as in the thread mack2323 started.

I got into the store a few times (seems to be a fluke), but then any attempt to download stuff from my list, buy new games, etc. fails with a different error code (sometimes np-8082-8, sometimes a timeout, etc.).

I've restarted the PSV several times, and rebooted my router as well. Given that multiple people are suddenly experiencing the exact same thing, it seems likely the problem is on Sony's side (or was pushed in the update).

Message 2 of 106 (4,886 Views)
Splicer
48 posts

Jan 23, 2016

I am having serious issues too and I just did the update. They better fix this fast. This is unacceptable. I can't do anything on the store or even check my download list. I keep getting errors.

Message 3 of 106 (4,880 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Same Here: Just Updated Can't Connect

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2016

Stuck on the "Please Wait..." screen. Happened as soon as I updated my firmware. I can see friend requests, and I'm getting certain updates, but the playstation store won't load. I have other internet connectivity, and even the scrolling ads on the Storefront open, but actually trying to open the store doesn't work.

Message 4 of 106 (4,870 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 24, 2016

I am having the same issues.  When I try to get to the store, the loading icon just keeps going.  I don't even reach a "unable to connect to store" type message.  At least I know it isn't just my vita.  

The update must be the problem?

Message 5 of 106 (4,840 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jan 24, 2016
I'm having the exact same issue. Started after the latest firmware update.
Message 6 of 106 (4,823 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 24, 2016
Having the same problem. I managed to purchase DLC content in-game, but PSN glitched out before I could download it. Now I can't connect to the store to get my download.
Message 7 of 106 (4,822 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5373 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2016

The Vita store seemsto be an issue affecting a small number of users. I just fired up my vita nad it worked perfectly connecting to all servers and services. Store, online play, in game store, etc all worked fine.

Even account setting fired up for me. 

I have been trying to find some info on this for most of the day, however, the only resource next to talking directly to sony would be their PSN Status Page which shows everything 100% as of right now. 

Out of curiosity, what model Vitas is everyone using?

Former PS MVP. I like to help solve problems.
 photo Kz2SigLBPPSForums.jpg
Message 8 of 106 (4,806 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 25, 2016

I'm having the same issues.  Spent time with the live chat but that didn't really go anywhere.  They thought it might be networking issues with my router.  I'm going to test some more, but I highly doubt it as my vita is the only device that hangs when trying to log into PSN stuff.  My ps4 logs in just fine.

My vita is PCH-2001 Vita slim model.  This only happened after the 3.57 update, like the others as well.

Message 9 of 106 (4,795 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 25, 2016
My vita is the PCH-1001. Everything else works, including the psn on my ps4 and phone app. Only the vita ps store isn't working.
Message 10 of 106 (4,778 Views)
0 Likes