Nov 18 2013
By: chrball Splicer 74 posts

Vita Remote connection issues

5 replies 195 views Edited Nov 18, 2013
Is anyone else having issues with vita remote play? It seems to work great at first but I'll randomly get lag/screen freezing up and then disconnect. I can usually reconnect a few more times but the lag continues and usually disconnects again after a few minutes. Eventually I'm completely unable to reconnect (connecting screen just hangs indefinitely).

I have a fairly decent wireless router (dual band, gaming and HTPCs are on 5ghz) so I'm not sure if that's the cause but I'll try tweaking some settings if anyone has any ideas.

Distance doesn't seem to be a major factor - after about an hour of playing remotely in the same room in the PS4 I still got disconnected.

If anyone is having this issue have you found any solutions? Possibly an issue with WPA2 security, incompatible routers, interference from other devices on the same frequency? Has anyone found switching to direct connect will help?

Message 1 of 6 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Re: Vita Remote connection issues

Nov 18, 2013

im useing a super cheap router--- and no issues so far-- and i been playing alot of remote play

Message 2 of 6 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Nov 18, 2013
Remote Play has been flawless for me. I know it's no fun to hear but it is probably something going on in your router/modem. I used to have bad issues like that with my old DSL service and their crappy equipment. When I switched equipment and providers I never had issues again.
Message 3 of 6 (177 Views)
Splicer
74 posts

Nov 18, 2013

KIT-N wrote:
Remote Play has been flawless for me. I know it's no fun to hear but it is probably something going on in your router/modem. I used to have bad issues like that with my old DSL service and their crappy equipment. When I switched equipment and providers I never had issues again.

I think you're right. My router is a tp-link that has worked well with PC gaming but not so much for other devices. Which router do you use? I'm going to try upgrading the firmware and if that doesn't fix it I'll look for a new router.

Message 4 of 6 (172 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Nov 21, 2013
I'm having the exact same issue. PS4 is wired to my router, connection is fast and it disconnects for a few seconds during remote play frequently. Tried changing to open channels on the router and vita and don't get much difference. Tried connecting directly to the PS4 instead of through the router and it is even worse. Any other ideas?
Message 5 of 6 (135 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 23, 2013
Ok
Message 6 of 6 (107 Views)
0 Likes