Dec 26 2008
By: caliber_9 First Son 6 posts

Unable to load saved game data on a PS3

[ Edited ]
29 replies 27513 views Edited Sep 19, 2015

My playstation 3 was attatched to a TV via HDMI.  I went to attatch it to a TV via Component, as always i would hold the power key to reset it.  Well this time something came up asking me if I wanted to reset the settings. I did and everything looked ok.  Until I went to load a saved game of Bioshock.  Now every time I try to load it I get the message : Load failed.  This save data was created by another user and cannot be used.

Tried creating a new user

Tried copying it to other profiles

Nothing worked  

Any Ideas on what or why? 

Edit: Moved from General. - space_paranoids

Message 1 of 30 (27,513 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7199 posts

Re: Unable to load saved game data on a PS3

Dec 26, 2008

caliber_9 wrote:

My playstation 3 was attatched to a TV via HDMI.  I went to attatch it to a TV via Component, as always i would hold the power key to reset it.  Well this time something came up asking me if I wanted to reset the settings. I did and everything looked ok.  Until I went to load a saved game of Bioshock.  Now every time I try to load it I get the message : Load failed.  This save data was created by another user and cannot be used.

Tried creating a new user

Tried copying it to other profiles

Nothing worked  

Any Ideas on what or why? 

Problems seem to appear after you make changes to your PSN ID login details. changing passwords or switching your registered email address.

There’s good news though. For one, you don’t need to lose your saved game files. You won’t lose your Trophies either as they are backed up on a Sony server. And Sony is already working on a patch, although no one knows when it will be issued.

Here's a work around for now.

• Delete your Game Data (that's the install files for a game, NOT the Save Data).
  • Use the Backup option in the PS3's XMB to create a full backup of your hard drive.
  • Restore your PS3 from the backup.
  • Reinstall the game, install the Trophy data and the sync should work fine.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 30 (27,513 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Dec 26, 2008
Working on it now thanks for the advise, ill repost and let you know how it works out.
Message 3 of 30 (27,513 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 26, 2008

I'm having the EXACT problem. I changed my PSN password and suddenly I can't load my saved game. I tried everything:

1- Deleted my system account and made a new one with my PSN ID. same error.

2- Deleted the save file and coppied an old one I had.  same error.

3- Deleted everything related to the game and re-installed and re-updated everything then coppied the save file.  same error.

4- Quick formatted the PS3, re-did everyhting...same error.

5- Full formatted the PS3 and re-did everything....same error

When did this started happening? Is this a common issue? anything we can do atm?

Is there a way to hard format the PS3 (rollback to the original factory settings with original version and xmb)?

Message 4 of 30 (27,513 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 27, 2008
Any thoughts?
Message 5 of 30 (27,513 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 27, 2008
Is there any Sony experts here? Modirators maybe?
Message 6 of 30 (27,513 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 27, 2008
BUMP
Message 7 of 30 (27,513 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
282 posts

Dec 28, 2008
wow i am so happy to find out other people are having this problem.. haha.. yea i really hope they release a patch for this SOON because i really want to finish R2 im at the last level, and also i want to sync my trophies in LBP
Message 8 of 30 (27,513 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7199 posts

Dec 28, 2008

ShaKShkA wrote:

I'm having the EXACT problem. I changed my PSN password and suddenly I can't load my saved game. I tried everything:

When did this started happening? Is this a common issue? anything we can do atm?

Is there a way to hard format the PS3 (rollback to the original factory settings with original version and xmb)?

I believe this started with the trophy update. Unfortunately, this is becoming very common. If what I posted above didn't work for you, then all you can do is wait for SONY to update and fix the problem. 

Photobucket
Message 9 of 30 (27,513 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jan 6, 2009

I too am glad to find others with this problem but sympathize for anyone else who may be experiencing this problem because it is frustrating.  I wantd to post to let you know that I am trying the methods advised since it was also advised by a friend of mine.  I have deleted everything in my Game Data folder as that can easily be recovered by starting a game and redownloading and installing the patches or update data.  I have successfully backed up my hard drive to an external hard drive of the same size (320 gb) as my internal one.  I'm now doing a full format.  Afterwards, I plan to restore my hard drive and will see how this affects the glitches I have been experiencing. 

If this does not fix this problem,  I'm not going to sweat it because there are some games that weren't affected like Fallout 3 and new games that I had not already started before this problem originally occurred such as Call of Duty: World at War.  So there's two games there, one of which is trophy enabled, that is not affected by this glitch.  I have heard Sony's working on a patch for this and I hope this is not a rumor. 

Message 10 of 30 (27,513 Views)
0 Likes